Sony Z1R....listening impressions only
Aug 28, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #5,806 of 9,652
Does anyone know if headphones drivers can become affected by humidity over time? I live in a climate with fairly high humidity through the warmer months and damp through winter and haven't really thought much about until owning my precious Z1Rs. I have added a dry sachet to my case now but I was just wondering if it is something to be careful of.
The only thing it should effect is the acoustic filter. So using a dry sachet is a good idea.

Aug 28, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #5,807 of 9,652
Does anyone know if headphones drivers can become affected by humidity over time? I live in a climate with fairly high humidity through the warmer months and damp through winter and haven't really thought much about until owning my precious Z1Rs. I have added a dry sachet to my case now but I was just wondering if it is something to be careful of.

Should not but better store them in your driest shelfs

Aug 28, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #5,809 of 9,652
Also I realised recently when I was putting them away in my case with the foam cut outs that the warmth from wearing them could potentially make things worse.

Aug 28, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #5,810 of 9,652
Also I realised recently when I was putting them away in my case with the foam cut outs that the warmth from wearing them could potentially make things worse.

Put a fan on them to cool for 30min before storage?

Aug 28, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #5,811 of 9,652
Put a fan on them to cool for 30min before storage?
Good idea, although in reality I may not always have time, but even 5-10 mins would help.

Aug 28, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #5,813 of 9,652
And don’t forget to wipe clean your leather pads if you are in hot environment. The salty sweat can ruin them quick
Thanks for the tip, I didn't think of that, I heard those pads are hard to find and expensive to replace.

On the Denon headphone threads there is a lot of talk about changing pads and getting different results, like iem tips, but I haven't heard any discussion of that here.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #5,814 of 9,652
Thanks for the tip, I didn't think of that, I heard those pads are hard to find and expensive to replace.

On the Denon headphone threads there is a lot of talk about changing pads and getting different results, like iem tips, but I haven't heard any discussion of that here.
I actually clean all of my headphones from top to bottom after each use. It's a painstaking process, but I'm a stickler for pristine-condition items. In any case, this takes about 5 minutes after each listening session per headphone; I clean the headband, the pads, the frame, and even the cables. It keeps my headphones (and IEMs) in mint-ish shape, though. :)

Aug 28, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #5,815 of 9,652
I actually clean all of my headphones from top to bottom after each use. It's a painstaking process, but I'm a stickler for pristine-condition items. In any case, this takes about 5 minutes after each listening session per headphone; I clean the headband, the pads, the frame, and even the cables. It keeps my headphones (and IEMs) in mint-ish shape, though. :)
What do you clean them with?

Aug 28, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #5,817 of 9,652
I like that, I'm going to get in the habit of taking care of them as they are my pride and joy. Long term it will pay off whether you keep them or for resale value.

Aug 28, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #5,818 of 9,652
I like that, I'm going to get in the habit of taking care of them as they are my pride and joy. Long term it will pay off whether you keep them or for resale value.

For resale value always keep it clean and scratch free also original box packaging is a big winner for resale

Aug 28, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #5,819 of 9,652
For resale value always keep it clean and scratch free also original box packaging is a big winner for resale
My partner hassles me for the big stack of boxes I keep in storage for when selling on.
I do treat my gear very well, but I'll step up the care as posted above, particularly because of the leather.

Aug 28, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #5,820 of 9,652
My partner hassles me for the big stack of boxes I keep in storage for when selling on.
I do treat my gear very well, but I'll step up the care as posted above, particularly because of the leather.

You can use a soft rug with room temperature water, dont use any soap or solvants.

Best is to clean it after use as it didn't had time to dry and get harder to clean off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back