Sony Z1R....listening impressions only
Aug 12, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #332 of 9,633
Mine as well~! But that's so true, that's exactly the same reason why I love my MA900 after all... And seems Zeos agrees that Tube might be good for it, with that route, the voicing of WM1Z and ZH1ES that I heard being actually warmer than the competition also goes in line as well... They're hippies in an ice Cream truck giving out tasty Ice Cream in the mids of serious high performance race cars competition!

Aug 13, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #335 of 9,633
I wonder if a different batch had problems of some sort. I'm not hearing any zingy treble at all.

Does anyone have an update in regards to Jude/Tyll swapping units and testing?
I suspect it's a case of different ear canal structures. We're all unique after all.

I had an ear operation on the left because of a case of cholestectoma. As a result, my left ear canal is a little enlarged compared to my right. When I hear certain female singers hit a note of about 3khz, the left ear hurts. Yes my right is still fine. So these reports we hear of certain people reacting differently to the same cans could well be due to differences in ear structure.

What we hear will be different to what others will hear.

Aug 13, 2017 at 3:29 AM Post #336 of 9,633
the z1r is still on my radar and i've noticed that the price has dropped to under 2k at some reputable dealers that i'm familiar with

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #340 of 9,633
as always 90% bs, 10% actual review time
As a painter I would call him an impressionists. That is what you call bs... and that is the entertaining part.

Aug 13, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #341 of 9,633
As a painter I would call him an impressionists. That is what you call bs... and that is the entertaining part.
Didn't say not entartaining, sometimes he can be funny, although not so much in Z1R video, and yes even at times when he's funny still much of the talk is bs. I understand the concept behind it to get popular, but he should be more about reviewing and less fooling around. Otherwise he'll end up as a comedy channel.

Aug 14, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #342 of 9,633
Greetings from Spain to all.

Too lazy to go through all the posts, but how many hours roughly do I need to burn these babies in? Just ordered some today, should arrive Thursday. Thanks.

During the first 50 hours the changes were "brutal". Today, with +/- 500 hours, they are still getting better. :wink: Like LCD-4, The Z1R´s are very dangerous because they take away my sleep time ... More and more music.

Cheers!
C.K.

Aug 14, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #343 of 9,633
Didn't say not entartaining, sometimes he can be funny, although not so much in Z1R video, and yes even at times when he's funny still much of the talk is bs. I understand the concept behind it to get popular, but he should be more about reviewing and less fooling around. Otherwise he'll end up as a comedy channel.
Great now you have me interested and I am listening/watching it now. He has that effect on me, I think they describe as watching a train wreck?

Edit: I can't do this anymore. Got to almost 5 min. too much pausing versus the amount of info that he gives you.

I agree with the point of them being able to drift you away though. ha

Also they are big cups but so little weight, agree with that too.

Aug 14, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #344 of 9,633
yeah, his review would benefit from a hard edit. i also agree with his impressions of the z1r's sonic character.

Aug 15, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #345 of 9,633
Great now you have me interested and I am listening/watching it now. He has that effect on me, I think they describe as watching a train wreck?

Edit: I can't do this anymore. Got to almost 5 min. too much pausing versus the amount of info that he gives you.

I agree with the point of them being able to drift you away though. ha

Also they are big cups but so little weight, agree with that too.

You missed the ice cream truck! That made it all worth while.

Bern

Users who are viewing this thread

Back