Sony XBA-A2 need help/opinion
Aug 7, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #154 of 233
I listened to the Z5 while at the SF Headfi meet and liked them except the clarity wasn't quite there and there was a bit of bass bloat. But, they were fun to listen to. Reading all these reviews, I just bought a pair of A2's. Seems like these take care of the issues I had with the Z5. One day prime shipping on Amazon, so I'll get them tomorrow, so we'll see!!

Aug 7, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #155 of 233
I listened to the Z5 while at the SF Headfi meet and liked them except the clarity wasn't quite there and there was a bit of bass bloat. But, they were fun to listen to. Reading all these reviews, I just bought a pair of A2's. Seems like these take care of the issues I had with the Z5. One day prime shipping on Amazon, so I'll get them tomorrow, so we'll see!!

Yes the Z5 will tend to sound like that right out of the box but after burn in the Z5 Mids and Treble will open up. Open up so well I sold my JH13. Then I added an amp and I got rid of my JH16 and Layla.

Aug 7, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #157 of 233
  Wow, these A2's sound pretty good! Straight out of my iPhone 6 they are killing it so far. Fit is a lot better than I thought it would be too. Glad I picked them up.

These are finally coming out of the shade. I heard these in a giant Japanese headphone shop and "A" and "B"'d them with tons of stuff and bought the A2 right there
 Very well tuned set of IEM. VERY well tuned.

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #158 of 233
listening to them now

Aug 14, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #163 of 233
"The bass on the XBA A2 is quite substantial, reasonably taut, detailed, while not being overbearing to the mids and treble.  Listening to the earphones, the bass sounds comparable to modern powered subs which have enough power to extend into bass frequencies properly (I guess), while the bass mixes seamlessly into the mids. "

I am worried the XBA-A2 might have too much bass.I have the XBA-1 and like it very much, however I would like something better. I don't want much more bass than the XBA-1 provides, however better sound quality in general with even more detail would be nice. Perhaps I should get the XBA-100 instead?

Aug 14, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #164 of 233
"The bass on the XBA A2 is quite substantial, reasonably taut, detailed, while not being overbearing to the mids and treble.  Listening to the earphones, the bass sounds comparable to modern powered subs which have enough power to extend into bass frequencies properly (I guess), while the bass mixes seamlessly into the mids. "

I am worried the XBA-A2 might have too much bass.I have the XBA-1 and like it very much, however I would like something better. I don't want much more bass than the XBA-1 provides, however better sound quality in general with even more detail would be nice. Perhaps I should get the XBA-100 instead?

hm for more clarity and less bass there is fidue a73
but I did the maths and apparently I prefer xba-a2 one third more than a73, but I can't pick which I like most they are both good earphones
how much more clarity you get with a73 I would say about 15 percent more, or get 15 percent less clarity with xba-a2 than on a73
but overall tonal balance is better on a2

Aug 14, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #165 of 233
Worried? You just mentioned how well the bass was and how the bass does not over shadow the mids. Remember it has dynamic drivers which are real woofers that more air. Maybe you have become accustomed to artificial drivers that were intended as hearing aids (Balance Armature Drivers). Real woofers push air shakes the floor. The A2 uses real organic woofers plus artificial drivers which excells in the mids and treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back