Sony XBA-A2 need help/opinion
Jul 26, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #136 of 233
i absolutely love mine. i have fidue a73, a2 and xb90ex and i cant dethrone any of them. they are just all too different. a73 is bright iem, a2 is neutral and most balanced to me, and xb90ex for nice bass. i enjoy them all. cant pick one. but if i were to pick one i would pick a2, but i have them and enjoy all of them. depending if i want bass a little bass or bright sound. right now listeneibg to xb90 cause i want bass. lol

Yeah, I have the same problem. Always something one does that the other doesn't and vice versa. The CKR9 is the first one I've found where I've said "I don't need anything else", but no reason we can't enjoy them all 
biggrin.gif

Jul 29, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #141 of 233
Ok ignore my last post. I managed to get them off, however now I have another question. Is it normal that I get a better seal when I press them into my ear? When I leave them unpressed I lose bass and the sound becomes thin, yet when I push them in the bass comes to life. How is the sound intended to be like?

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #144 of 233
  Actually ignore my last two posts lol. I figured out a technique to get them to sit nicely in my ears and keep dat bass. I needed to sort of twist back and forth while pushing them in.

Sounds great!

I stick all my IEM in upside down then rotate them into position. I developed that habit with another set and just do it by habit now. Just sticking IEM into my ear rarely resulted in a good seal.

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #146 of 233
Actually ignore my last two posts lol. I figured out a technique to get them to sit nicely in my ears and keep dat bass. I needed to sort of twist back and forth while pushing them in.

Sounds great!

enjoy the disco like bass, it's very good bass.

Jul 29, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #147 of 233
Got to listen to these in depth and I agree that they're very, very nice. If you're someone who likes damn good bass and clarity they're definitely something to look at. They aren't really a fit for me, because I find the midrange a little veiled and unnatural as well as the color a little too dark overall, but I'm someone who likes brighter stuff with airy, forwarded mids. ( I guess I'll always prefer O-tech to Sony in that regard...) It honestly kind of reminds me of an IM70 with a better bass and treble, but less natural mid. I think you guys are on to something with this being a very good option for those that like a balanced, but clear sound and a bass that has just as much quality as quantity at around $200. 

Jul 29, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #148 of 233
ye well if you like more bright iems then sure there are more bright iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back