Sony XBA-A2 need help/opinion
Jul 9, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #106 of 233
thanks, my sony xb90ex is in customs. weird considering i got two other posts from japan and those were more expensive than this one and i didnt pay any taxes. may be the seller takes drugs and a dog that smells packages smelled drugs on the package or something. I dont think they would open it for no reason. its a frecking earphones and they wanted to look at it. not sure if they would want tax on it, would be strange considering previous two posts from japan were more expensive and there was no any tax on it. enjoying my sony xba-a2 and astell and kern ak10 combo, nice audio. good resolution

They smell the bass
biggrin.gif

I absolutely love my Note 4 AK10 combo. Are you using Hiby music player or viper 4 android?

Jul 9, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #107 of 233
 They smell the bass:D
 I absolutely love my Note 4 AK10 combo. Are you using Hiby music player or viper 4 android?

lol they dont have viper on iphones, i downloaded the equalizer by audioforge but i would need to sync music to it from computer. I mostly use tuneshell app on iphone it plays flac, and has equaliser. and it also plays 24bit which is basically 3000 kbps bitrate that astell and kern ak10 is able to play. also i downloaded neutron player as was recomended and has like some options that make sound better. i only downoaded it yeaterday so not sure, will let know. also use radio uk app on iphone for content has many nice radio stations, and got apple music to try yesterday if its good. apparently got three months but not sure if it will autorenew, but probably have a month they advertise three months demo. ye when i want to listen to songs i have i listen in flac good quality and when get bored of them listen to radio streams and discover new music. the radio app shows song name probably it is synced with song recognition app or radio station gives infor about what song plays. thanks

Jul 10, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #108 of 233
Ive sent astell and kern dac back to the seller. i didnt like the sound flavour of it. but im keeping sony xba-a2 i love them.
here is review of astell and kern ak10 dac if you are interested.
https://youtu.be/Qg4_ROV0gN0

thanks

Jul 11, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #109 of 233
Finally my xb90ex is out of customs, will probably get them on monday. i guess they wanted to listen to them as well. lol im enjoying sony xba-a2 they sound really good. thanks

Jul 12, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #110 of 233
yesterday was comparing this iem to sennheiser hd598 that they have in store here on display and sony xba-a2 destroyes sennheiser hd598, xba-a2 is way more ballanced and typically for sennheiser they have almost no bass. then compared them to beats solo 2 headphone those even just stay shy, bass is just off on beats. even beats couldnt get bass right. so ye sony xba-a2 is a great iem, i recomend it. and i didnt notice any difference in soundstage between hd598 and sony xba-a2 thats also good. cheers

Jul 12, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #111 of 233
yesterday was comparing this iem to sennheiser hd598 that they have in store here on display and sony xba-a2 destroyes sennheiser hd598, xba-a2 is way more ballanced and typically for sennheiser they have almost no bass. then compared them to beats solo 2 headphone those even just stay shy, bass is just off on beats. even beats couldnt get bass right. so ye sony xba-a2 is a great iem, i recomend it. and i didnt notice any difference in soundstage between hd598 and sony xba-a2 thats also good. cheers

It is a very excellent IEM!!

Jul 12, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #113 of 233

You know that Sennheiser typically have no bass... when they are not powered correctly. If you want to make a really fair comparison you need to compare things under optimal conditions for both. If you want to compare portables to full size at least do it fairly and not hamstring the full size set.

That being said the XBA-A2 is still good but let's keep it vs. other hybrids and earphones since this is the portable thread anyhow.

Jul 12, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #114 of 233

You know that Sennheiser typically have no bass... when they are not powered correctly. If you want to make a really fair comparison you need to compare things under optimal conditions for both. If you want to compare portables to full size at least do it fairly and not hamstring the full size set.

That being said the XBA-A2 is still good but let's keep it vs. other hybrids and earphones since this is the portable thread anyhow.

He can talk about whatever he wants if it's related to the A2 and he did.

Optimal conditions are determined by the end user. In this case it's myemaildw.

Jul 12, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #115 of 233

Try some HD8DJ if you think Sennies have no bass. But yeah open back Sennies have only just acceptable bass. Definitely not enough for all genres. 

This XBA-A2 looks really interesting. I am relatively new to IEMs. I have some budges ones like the Xiaomi Pistons 3, Zero Audio bassos and few others but I think these A2 would be a proper upgrade.

How do they sound with techno like this? https://soundcloud.com/alexjockey/alex-jockey-darktechno-techno-hardgroove-hardtechno-set-june-2015

Is there enough pounding bass on the XBA-A2 without EQ? I don't like to use EQ. Thanks.

Jul 12, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #116 of 233

thank your for your opinion, i will keep that in mind. thanks

Jul 12, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #117 of 233
Try some HD8DJ if you think Sennies have no bass. But yeah open back Sennies have only just acceptable bass. Definitely not enough for all genres. 

This XBA-A2 looks really interesting. I am relatively new to IEMs. I have some budges ones like the Xiaomi Pistons 3, Zero Audio bassos and few others but I think these A2 would be a proper upgrade.

How do they sound with techno like this? https://soundcloud.com/alexjockey/alex-jockey-darktechno-techno-hardgroove-hardtechno-set-june-2015

Is there enough pounding bass on the XBA-A2 without EQ? I don't like to use EQ. Thanks.

lots of bass without eq but i wouldnt listen to this music, sounds scary actually. im more into music like kiesza hideaway

and love for love robin s nick nice club mix

I just had sex akon the lonely island

Ey Yo Kant vs MK

i feel you tough love

Beautiful ft colby O'Donis and Kardinal Offishall

Not letting go tinie tempah ft jess glynne

sorry couldnt limit myself to one song i like them all. cheers

Jul 13, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #118 of 233
just got sony xb90ex those are crap, im not going to bother with any other iem, i found myself a perfect iem and i wont bother with any other, beats are crap but so are many other headphones and earphones. thats what i think. cheers

Jul 13, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #119 of 233
Ha crap? Yeah I thought the same coming from the A3, Z5, JH16, 846, and K10. But after some burn in and playing with different tips I really like the 90EX. I suggest put music through them louder than you listen to for 50 hrs. Sound stage opened and mids and treble opened up. Bass ofcourse is there. If you prefer no bass and want neutral to listen to Dion or other soft listening music get another. It NEEDS power so use ut with a good amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back