Sony XBA-A2 need help/opinion
Jul 13, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #121 of 233
Heh I don't listen to techno all the time just wanted to know if it had enough bass for electronic music. Thanks :smile:

yes it has enough bass, if bass is on track they will slam if there isnt the wont cause it has three drivers in each. and with a little eq only even one at 64 turns them into subwoofers. they are great.

Jul 13, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #122 of 233
Ha crap? Yeah I thought the same coming from the A3, Z5, JH16, 846, and K10. But after some burn in and playing with different tips I really like the 90EX. I suggest put music through them louder than you listen to for 50 hrs. Sound stage opened and mids and treble opened up. Bass ofcourse is there. If you prefer no bass and want neutral to listen to Dion or other soft listening music get another. It NEEDS power so use ut with a good amp.

I dont bother with burn in cause before it didnt change sound at all. but out of box they sound very open, high frequencies are rolled off bass is there a tiny tiny more than xba-a2 and mids are just up front as xba-a2, they are good for 60 euro or 80 considering i paid tax. strangely i didnt pay tax on two previous posts from japan which were much more expensive, if they taxed those i would have paid much more. they tax like one third to import in european union countries.
as for bass on xb90ex it slams good with a little eq. there is less high frequencies so they dont strain my ears at all. what kind of amp would i need in terms of of ohms? im happy with my iems. finally i get bass. but its a different kind of bass though to xba-a2, and interms of balance and detail sure xba-a2 is better in every single way. also xb90ex are more comfortable and lighter. i like bass i need bass i must have bass. i dont like bass, no, i love it. lol the last one is from a song.
i bought sillicone putty to make a custom eartip for iems.
I think it goes back to the sony cd players with dual bass boost which ipods lost. no one could make bass as good as sony makes bass i think. cheers

Jul 13, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #123 of 233
You said its crap to me that means it is not worth what you paid for them. Your repky doesnt mention any really bad trait to call them crap. I had a couple of high end iems that I have called crap In my experience tge A2 were nice but the A3 are an improvement over the A2 and the Z5 are an overall improvement over the A3. The 90ex are different abd it excells in many areas and I like them. Only issue us I prefer to put my iem over my ear and not hang from my ear.

Jul 13, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #124 of 233

xb90ex are awesome. Bass level is much higher than A2 and maximum input is double
Play track below on both....kinda easy to see and you don't need burn in for that bass.

I think I'm such a basshead I cannot properly communicate with ya'll.
That's gotta be it
biggrin.gif

EDIT

I used to dislike Sony ......now I just took a pic of 2 sets of Sony IEM  that i love.......times do change
eek.gif

Jul 13, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #125 of 233

xb90ex are awesome. Bass level is much higher than A2 and maximum input is double
Play track below on both....kinda easy to see and you don't need burn in for that bass.

I think I'm such a basshead I cannot properly communicate with ya'll.
That's gotta be it:D  

EDIT

I used to dislike Sony ......now I just took a pic of 2 sets of Sony IEM  that i love.......times do change:eek:

xb90ex does have more bass. just a bit of eq and they are very bassy. dont need an amp really. subwoofers lol

Jul 13, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #126 of 233
You said its crap to me that means it is not worth what you paid for them. Your repky doesnt mention any really bad trait to call them crap. I had a couple of high end iems that I have called crap In my experience tge A2 were nice but the A3 are an improvement over the A2 and the Z5 are an overall improvement over the A3. The 90ex are different abd it excells in many areas and I like them. Only issue us I prefer to put my iem over my ear and not hang from my ear.

I just got them give me a break, i need some ear loving time with them then i tell you. ok? ok
so what kind of amp do i need for them? thanks

Jul 15, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #127 of 233

This is what happens when you get bored and have two iems. sound is more complex.

Jul 17, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #128 of 233
I finaly got a seal on left ear using sony xba-a2 with sony xb90ex small tip without foam. the eartips on xb90ex are thinner and more flexible than on a2 i guess that is why. this is the first time i actually get a seal on left ear. i guess xb90ex wasnt completely useless. the bass really improved. the sound is solid. fantastic. not may people have this iem i guess the price of xba-a2 scares people off. i also bought fidue a73 to see whats the fuss is about. and to see which is better.

Jul 18, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #130 of 233
After reading this thread I'm seriously considering buying these. I just wanted to ask, would you consider these the best in their price range? Or are there other IEMs I should also consider?

Not really, cant recomend any other iem at any price, these are just the best ive heard of all iems. but i have a listen to fidue a73 and let you know may be that is equally good at half price, or may be i wouldnt recomend either. but im starting to develop a taste for sony xb90ex may be burning does work. but sony xba-a2 is a solid buy, it has two ba drivers and one dynamic, it seems that the best iems are hybrids cause they can pull out the dynamic range. i absolutely love the sony xba-a2 thats the only iems i really liked, others always lacked something, these have everything. bass is really rumbly. cheers

Jul 18, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #132 of 233
Thanks, I'll probably place an order for it then. But it looks like ebay is my only option, directly from Japan. Im a little suspicious though, are there fakes of these IEMs?

not alt all, there are no any fakes. i bought directly from sony from japan on ebay, they are on ebay. cheers

Jul 25, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #133 of 233
I have fidue A73 and sony xba-a2 is my favorite. a2 sounds like it has more live in music. much more bass and singer vocals are upfront and mids are up front. a2 is the most balanced iem ive ever heard. so ye a2 is the most wonderful iem ive heard. im surprised not may people bought it. the sound is fantastic. a73 is more like sennheiser just iem. i recomend sony xba-a2 over fidue a73 any day. even if sony xba-a2 cost more it has better sound. if you are not a bass head and high frequencies head i would say stick with fidue a73 or other sennheiser iems. i dont enjoy thin sounding earphones that much. sorry folks. sony xba-a2 wins. cheers

Jul 26, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #134 of 233
Gonna have a chance to listen to these this week and pretty excited about it after reading some of the reviews here. I'm a huge fan of the CKR9 and that's my daily driver right now, but maybe the A2 can dethrone it... Anxious to test the two against each other. 

Jul 26, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #135 of 233
Gonna have a chance to listen to these this week and pretty excited about it after reading some of the reviews here. I'm a huge fan of the CKR9 and that's my daily driver right now, but maybe the A2 can dethrone it... Anxious to test the two against each other. 

i absolutely love mine. i have fidue a73, a2 and xb90ex and i cant dethrone any of them. they are just all too different. a73 is bright iem, a2 is neutral and most balanced to me, and xb90ex for nice bass. i enjoy them all. cant pick one. but if i were to pick one i would pick a2, but i have them and enjoy all of them. depending if i want bass a little bass or bright sound. right now listeneibg to xb90 cause i want bass. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back