Sony XBA-A2 need help/opinion
Aug 15, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #166 of 233
I have my Sony xba-a2 for sale if interested

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Sony-XBA-A2-/252057888451?

they are good sounding iems and all as new, cheers

Aug 31, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #167 of 233
I have the Sony XB90 and i would like to buy the A2 and i don't know how is the bass compared to the XB90, Also if the A2 and A3 are available in the same price should i go for the A3 if i neglected the ergonomics?

Aug 31, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #168 of 233
I have the Sony XB90 and i would like to buy the A2 and i don't know how is the bass compared to the XB90, Also if the A2 and A3 are available in the same price should i go for the A3 if i neglected the ergonomics?

xb90 goes a little deeper on bass than a2 without an amp but not much deeper only a little, but with bass amp xb90 has much more bass than a2
which is better a2 or a3 i dont know scince you didnt say what you looking in audio also i didnt hear a3, ask hbb he heard a3 cheers

also in terms of clarity detail quality a2 is much better than xb90 but xb90 has bass, lots of bass with a bass amp, but a2 has lots of bass too with eqing, im mot a fan of eqing though bass doesnt compare to bass on on amplifiers. for me anyway.

Aug 31, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #169 of 233
So by By Eqing the A2 i can get almost the same bass of the XB90 with a much more clarity through the rest of the sound range? "which is an issue qwith XB90 although i like its bass but sometimes it gets so bloated"

Aug 31, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #170 of 233
Comparing A2 and A3 in terms of Bass, Clarity and Sound stage? I own XB90EX and i'm looking for the same Bass experience with more clarity and better sound stage? Should i buy the A2 or the A3?

Aug 31, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #171 of 233
Comparing A2 and A3 in terms of Bass, Clarity and Sound stage? I own XB90EX and i'm looking for the same Bass experience with more clarity and better sound stage? Should i buy the A2 or the A3?

oh ok, yes a2 is every way better in sound compared to xb90
if fact i swore when i got xb90 it was so **** in comparison to a2, and called 90ex extra ******** untill i got an amp with bass.
yeat if you eq a2 you get 3/4 more bass than unampled xb90, but amped xb90 has half ie twice more bass than eqed a2.
so when you say the same bass as xb90 i dont know if you mean with bass on with bass amp or just from iphone. i assume from iphone without an amp with bass. then yes you get half, twice as much bass on a2 eqed than xb90 from iphone no bass amp.
but with bass amp xb90 goes half, twice as much bass than eqed for bass a2.
and in comparison to other earphones when you eq a2 for bass the bass actually rumbles sort of like with bass amp.
if you will put a2 through bass amp i recomend getting quality bass amp cause cheaper bass amps will reduce clarity of a2, but a2 sounds very bassy eqed, you will like it if you like bass. and the clarity of a2 is very good.
do you use your xb90 with a bass amp? just to clarify.
but unamped both have almost identical bass amount with xb90 having slightly more bass, and everything else falling apart in comparison to a2, its only when you bass amp xb90 where it sounds very good with its bass. cheers

Aug 31, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #172 of 233
I use the Sony XB90EX with the Creative E5 Amp, and i use it on the High gain setting, it have a rambling slaming bass, but with the expense of decreased clarity and instrument separation. what i was looking for is having the same level of the bass i get when amping the XB90 while having better clarity

Aug 31, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #173 of 233
I use the Sony XB90EX with the Creative E5 Amp, and i use it on the High gain setting, it have a rambling slaming bass, but with the expense of decreased clarity and instrument separation. what i was looking for is having the same level of the bass i get when amping the XB90 while having better clarity

it looks like a good amp, does it have a bass boost do you use it with bass on?

Aug 31, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #174 of 233
It have a full customization app for Android, Windows, iOS and Mac, with alot of bass settings, surround, cross over frequency adjustment, it have 3 mics, bluetooth too :) its amazing piece of hardware :)

Aug 31, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #175 of 233
It have a full customization app for Android, Windows, iOS and Mac, with alot of bass settings, surround, cross over frequency adjustment, it have 3 mics, bluetooth too :) its amazing piece of hardware :)

do you use it with bass on with xb90? its a complicated amp so i wouldnt be able to say. its a good amp to listen to a2 with, it has a dac as well.
i can tell you that xb90 has twice more bass amped than amped a2 on my smsl sap-5 p with bass switched on. and without bass on there is no difference in bass amount amped or from iphone. may be your amp can do better bass i dont know. but with my amp i get two times more bass on xb90 than on a2 so i guess the answer to your question is no, you dont get the same amount of bass on a2 as with xb90, you get half less on a2 than on xb90ex, so your next best bet is pioneer se cx9 and aurisonics sag 2.5 i think

Aug 31, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #176 of 233
check out these vids if you want

Here reviews are now available. in short xba-a2 is an amazing sounding earphone and for longer listening a2 is my choice, and for shorter listening for a bit more detail is fidue a73, i only keep a73 for detail when i need it its not my main earphone.

a2 is a fantastic earphone if audio is your main priority, i think the price, weird design and sound shortening out because of wobbly connectors and i wanted to hear other gear is the reason i sold a2, the obvious question i anticipate is how much does audio shorten out because of connectors, its not a lot but enough to be a annoying sometimes especially when you are enjoying music and its stops playing for a millisecond when moving. please dont disregard a2 because of this, its very rare that it does that. if you want just a good earphone and not a headfier who keeps on buying and selling i would defo only pick a2, its great as a main earphone. thanks to hbb for recommending it, its very good earphone.

video reviews are bellow if you want, thanks

Sony xba-a2 vs fidue A73 battle
[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/bI0hJTfIIOA[/VIDEO]

sony xba-a2 iem earphone review
[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/ImsoDoZz0Ss[/VIDEO]

Aug 31, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #177 of 233
That was really helpful :D My confusion now is to between the A2 and the A3 considering that the A3 is discounted to the same price of the A2! I'm a little confused as no reviews or comparison available for A3 plus the weird design of it make me a little spectaculer

Aug 31, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #178 of 233
That was really helpful :D My confusion now is to between the A2 and the A3 considering that the A3 is discounted to the same price of the A2! I'm a little confused as no reviews or comparison available for A3 plus the weird design of it make me a little spectaculer

ye i wouldnt know about a3 but hbb didnt like it, but i think people said a3 has more bass. a2 isnt a bass head iem but it can be with eqing for bass relatively how much bass you want. if not a lot then yes. as for a3 i dont know i didnt hear them. check in a3 thread if there is one or something. all xba earphones are quite good really. if you are after a lot of bass xba iems arent for you but if you want just mid amount of bass a2 is excellent and the one for you. you probably wont need another earphone then. a3 goes over ears so might be an advantage a2 tend to pop out from ears cause cable pulls on them.
cheers

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #180 of 233
So the A2 tend not to stay in ears due its weight? The XB90EX don't have this issue

not at all, they are very light and stay in ears perfectly, just like say if you pull on cable like on something say you are in shop and walk away from one side of ile and cable grabs on a discount dispay and just yankes it, same as with xb90 but xb90 is more anatomically suited in ear, a2 is less so also its longer and hang out further from ear, its not a big deal, its not the weight, they weight almost nothing its its longer shape so it pulls out from ear cause its further away from ear, it sticks out kind of if you noticed, but its not that important but i would prefer a3 over ear i think. i think i would feel more happy with a3 design as it goes over ear. a2 do tend to pop out cause they are longer and cable is straight down. the only way a2 grabs on eas is with the tip, whereas xb90 is circular and it grabs on with tip and circular thing in ear and if tip should come out of ear it still hooks on by its circular body, wheras a2 isnt circular its straight and long and mostly grabs on by its tip and so xb90 is kind of better in that. also xb90 is more comfortable than a2, so i think i would prefer a3 over ear because of this, but i dont know cause i didnt use a3, check out in store, we dont have a store like that here.
if a2 didnt hurt my ears i would have kept it, same goes to other earphones that i sold.
cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back