Sony WF-1000X discussion thread: Truly wireless IEM with Active Noise Cancelling!
Sep 25, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #376 of 502
It is not as isolating as Etymotics or Shure but is slightly better than average compared to normal DD IEMs. Isolation is not its best feature.

Oct 20, 2018 at 1:47 AM Post #377 of 502
i just got the Sony Wf-1000x and the Jabra Elite 65t and have been comparing them for a few days. for pure sound only, i would take the sony any day. it beats the 65t in soundstage depth and airy-ness the 65t, while good sounding, i need to eq it first, and even after eq the sound lacks depth. i think the sony even performs better than some wired iems around $100 range

i also like the sony's fit better because of its standard IEM silicon tips. the 65t, while it fits well, it moves around and loose seal (especially the right earpiece) whenever i open my mouth or tilt my head back. also the fit of the 65t feels too "full" on my ears.

what i like about the 65t compared to the sony are the shallower profile (less prone to be knocked off the ears) , better battery, smaller case, and real EQ, unlike the preset only of the Sony (or i just didn't find how to do it on the sony

i might use the Sony more often around the house, while i just use the Jabra for outdoor sports only

side note:
i found that every time i start using the WF1000x, it will loose connection to the right channel intermittently, but after i toggle the ambient/ noise canceling mode and set to turn those off, the intermittent disconnect will stop altogether and it will have a solid connection.

testing both of them on noisy environment, the Jabra has a better passive noise blocking, but the sony can play songs in lower volume while still maintain good detail and information from the song. the Jabra's treble is harsh and brittle to my ears.
the ANC of the Sony works and helps, but not much. and turning on the ANC or ambient noise will introduce that intermittent disconnect of the right ear piece again

Nov 11, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #378 of 502
I recently picked these up and am absolutely shocked at how great they sound. Having recently purchased an phone xs I needed a bluetooth headphone for travel. I have the airpods but they do not hold a candle to the Sonys. My only quibble is they cut out due to interference at times on flights. I guess the more wifi and bluetooth traffic that's around the more the signal gets interrupted. At home or in a coffee shop they never seem to lose connection. I had zero issues with video not synching with the audio.

Feb 16, 2019 at 6:04 AM Post #379 of 502
I recently picked these up and am absolutely shocked at how great they sound. Having recently purchased an phone xs I needed a bluetooth headphone for travel. I have the airpods but they do not hold a candle to the Sonys. My only quibble is they cut out due to interference at times on flights. I guess the more wifi and bluetooth traffic that's around the more the signal gets interrupted. At home or in a coffee shop they never seem to lose connection. I had zero issues with video not synching with the audio.
Hi, can you tell us which smartphone you use?

About the audio lag when watching videos, it is strange because i have it on all my devices that are getting quite old now but yesterday, I went to try out WF-1000X to a electronic store, I tried there the XZ3 demo model, there was absolutely no lag for videos.I also briefly tried the XZ2 compact, no lag again with YouTube.
On my Xperia Z5 compact (android 7.1.1), on the contrary i have around 500ms audio delay.

Maybe on latest android smartphones, they use AAC instead of SBC by default, Or the apps and the OS Android 9.X and above is somehow smart enough to handle audio delay
Maybe it is specific on newest XPERIA but I also tried them on a iPhone 6 with no delay either on YT.

Feb 17, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #381 of 502
I’ve just paired my Sony WF-1000X with my LG V30 running Orea and the sound quality is awesome using AAC Bluetooth audio codec. It’s just a pity the battery life isn’t that great on the WF-1000X but I’m still impressed.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #382 of 502
iPhone XS

Thanks, AAC codec seems to be the key...well those true Wireless earbuds are a keeper!

Going to take with me on my next flight but i have tested them on a train and the noise cancellation was very good.

Apr 21, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #384 of 502
I have had these since they first came out and after the latest firmware upgrade and adding some Dekoni tips they are really good now.
No video issues
No dropouts
Higher volume
And damn I use these every day and no charging issues and unlike my drawer full of broken Sony Headphones these are built to last

eBay has a new set for $100 might be time to buy a backup pair

Jun 26, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #386 of 502
I found the connection to be pretty solid on the WF1000X. But in regards to sound quality I think the Senns are better. The Senns also have way better battery life.

Jun 27, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #387 of 502
Also, Sony's later model like WF SP700 has both the ANC, Stabler connection and some water resistant rating.

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:36 AM Post #388 of 502
Also, Sony's later model like WF SP700 has both the ANC, Stabler connection and some water resistant rating.

a bit too bass heavy though. the WF-1000X has more balanced tuning for me

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #389 of 502
Using it, I was at first annoyed by its bass excess. Luckily, I can change its EQ to 'vocal' by the phone app and it sounds more balanced. Still prefer SP700 than 1000X.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back