Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Nov 16, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #1,756 of 8,232
What up my Walkman Homies!

So how do I change the regions with MrWalkman’s FE to J region, Universal or European???

Do I need a regional switcher??? If so can someone help a brother out by sending me them via PM. Thanks.

Also, how does the installation order work?

Do I need to uninstall FE then install and switch the Regional avant the reinstalling? Or do I just install the region on top of the FE?

Peace and Word to your mother ✌🏻

Nov 16, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #1,757 of 8,232
Should I buy the suggested 128GB card or higher GB works in this unit?

I use a 400GB Sandisk Ultra that I got from amzn in my ZX300 and it works just fine but YMMV on other devices :relaxed:

Nov 16, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #1,758 of 8,232

So how do I change the regions with MrWalkman’s FE to J region, Universal or European???

Do I need a regional switcher??? If so can someone help a brother out by sending me them via PM. Thanks.

Do I need to uninstall FE then install and switch the Regional avant the reinstalling? Or do I just install the region on top of the FE?

As always you use the rockbox tool for region switching.
Any available card up to 1TB works.

Nov 16, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #1,759 of 8,232

Hey,

Just use this tool. It doesn't matter if you are on the modified firmware already or on the stock one.

https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SonyNWDestTool

Nov 16, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #1,763 of 8,232
Hey,

Just use this tool. It doesn't matter if you are on the modified firmware already or on the stock one.

https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SonyNWDestTool

How do I do this??? I've read the instructions and downloaded the tool and bat file the what???

Sorry, I'm THE worst at this stuff with command prompt, etc

I need a tutorial for ”Dummies” haha

Nov 16, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #1,764 of 8,232
How do I do this??? I've read the instructions and downloaded the tool and bat file the what???

Sorry, I'm THE worst at this stuff with command prompt, etc

I need a tutorial for ”Dummies” haha

It's really easy man.

First, open the bat file. The bat file and the tool should be in the same folder.

Then, connect your player, and enable the Mass Storage mode. Afterwards, keep in mind the letter of the internal storage (for example, G: )

To change your region, type:
Code:
scsitool-nwz-v27.exe G: dest_tool set J 0

J is the region, and 0 indicates that you do not want to enable the sound pressure regulation (volume limit).

All the available regions can be found in a table on the Rockbox link. Also, even if you set the sound pressure regulation to 0, the CEW regions will still have a volume limit.

Nov 16, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #1,765 of 8,232
DMP-300 FE (Final Edition)

As the aim is to get the best sound possible, the previous DMP-300 custom firmware version
is no longer available.

The name "Final Edition" was chosen instead of simply "DMP-300", so people would know that
they have installed this firmware, and not the first version.

Update:
- improved sound signature - fuller, deeper, and more impactful bass, natural and lifelike vocals,
and non-fatiguing and smooth highs, with impeccable details

Features:
- sound signature aimed at resembling the one of the DMP-Z1
- native DSD playback over the 3.5 mm output
- DSEE AI (present on DMP-Z1)
- progressive JPEG and interlaced PNG album covers are supported

Installation:
1. Install DMP-300_FE
2. Install DMP-300_FE_Ext_Tuning

To revert to the stock firmware:
1. Install StockRevert_(DMP-300_FE)
2. Install StockRevert_Ext_Tuning

When installing DMP-300_FE or when installing StockRevert_(DMP-300_FE), the player
should restart and go into update mode. The update bar on the player's screen should fill up
to the end. Otherwise, you won't be able to install the external tunings.

What should I do if I'm using the previous DMP-300 custom firmware?
1. Revert to stock using the StockRevert mentioned below
2. Install DMP-300 FE
3. Install DMP-300 FE Ext. Tuning

You can find the StockRevert for DMP-300 on the link below.
I recommend using this StockRevert for DMP-300 instead of the previous one, as this one is more stable.

Download DMP-300 FE here.

Feel free to leave your feedback, and enjoy! :)

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #1,766 of 8,232
If someone will install DMP-300 FE, please also test the StockRevert package of DMP-300 FE and let me know if all is fine. I triple-checked everything, but a confirmation would be nice.

Also, as mentioned, if you are currently using the previous DMP-300 firmware, I recommend using the StockRevert for DMP-300 that you can find on the website. It's more stable.

Nov 16, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #1,767 of 8,232
All the available regions can be found in a table on the Rockbox link. Also, even if you set the sound pressure regulation to 0, the CEW regions will still have a volume limit.

Got it, thanks! The .bat doesn’t work on the Rockbox webpage though. Luckily I had it downloaded prior.

The Volume limit does this mean that goes up to 120 but isn't as loud say U because of restrictions in other regions?

FE sounds nice in J if you like an analog sound (this isn't for everyone though)

Changing regions gives yet another option to custom your FE. So cool! Thanks

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #1,768 of 8,232
Nov 16, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #1,769 of 8,232

Honestly it's not as ”bad” as I heard on this and the old thread. I never jack up to 120 anyway (not even close!) but say you were used to playing at 95 now its 105 no biggie for me.

I do see a problem if you have demanding power hungry iems though with VL but that's more of a current issue than volume limiters!

Nov 16, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #1,770 of 8,232
If someone will install DMP-300 FE, please also test the StockRevert package of DMP-300 FE and let me know if all is fine. I triple-checked everything, but a confirmation would be nice.

Also, as mentioned, if you are currently using the previous DMP-300 firmware, I recommend using the StockRevert for DMP-300 that you can find on the website. It's more stable.

I went ahead and installed FE and that went fine... when I did a StockRevert FE, however, it did not work on my ZX300. We appreciate you, good sir! Thank you ! Looking forward to testing out the music playback ! :thumbsup: :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back