Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Feb 16, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #3,782 of 8,223
Thanks. So plug in player, left click "Reverting to stock firmware".....i think i'm going to wait for the new firmware, before trying FEv2 ?
The new update further refines both fev2 and project z. Quite significantly. You may wait for it but if your curiosity gets the better of you, go ahead and load fev2 right away. It’s amazing too.

Feb 16, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #3,783 of 8,223
I just plugged in NWA50 with A50-FE classic via line out adapter to my ifi iCan nano - the improvements are even bigger and I see now this player is gimped by it's headphone out unfortunately, which sounds hazy/grayish in comparison. via the ifi it's close to mind blowing; warm, full bodied, refined and clear, akin to a desktop setup (utilising my Sony IERm7).

Feb 16, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #3,784 of 8,223
The new update further refines both fev2 and project z. Quite significantly. You may wait for it but if your curiosity gets the better of you, go ahead and load fev2 right away. It’s amazing too.

Are you saying that there's another mode coming?

1613492352695.png

Feb 16, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #3,785 of 8,223
The new update for fev2 and project z is the feather on the cap, the icing on the cake. Its a fine tune of sorts and adds warmth in a way that never muddies the mix. It opens up the soundstage yet a little and beefs up the entire mix by way of richness, fullness and cohesiveness. It sounds perfect to my ears. Every frequency is detailed yet full and bass is super deep and tight yet envelops you even more.Naural, Enjoyable and plain music heaven. I’m on the project z camp and i think this new update makes it an absolute, for me at least. It’s really amazing. @MrWalkman , oops you did it again mate!
Totally agree here. I have to quote you #aceedburn, I don't have your way with words. But I changed to Project Z after a couple of hours and now it feels "like home"! FEv2 is absolutely fantastic and very audiophile, but I do miss a little fun, so luckily we have Project Z. And it hits all the right buttons in my world! Analog and with a great sound too. Can it get any better from here? Well, you have surprised me more than once, Mr.Walkman! Thank you for this! (heart)

Feb 16, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #3,786 of 8,223
When I first listen songs with Project Z plus, I had this nostalgic feel and reminds me of my past, makes me feel emotional.

Feb 16, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #3,787 of 8,223
Are you saying that there's another mode coming?

1613492352695.png

It's actually an update for both firmwares and for both modes of each firmware. :)

Feb 16, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #3,788 of 8,223
I just plugged in NWA50 with A50-FE classic via line out adapter to my ifi iCan nano - the improvements are even bigger and I see now this player is gimped by it's headphone out unfortunately, which sounds hazy/grayish in comparison. via the ifi it's close to mind blowing; warm, full bodied, refined and clear, akin to a desktop setup (utilising my Sony IERm7).

Was it WMport-->3,5mm or WMport-->USB?

Feb 16, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #3,789 of 8,223
Feb 16, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #3,792 of 8,223
It's actually an update for both firmwares and for both modes of each firmware. :)
Looking forward to hearing from you. Really really interested with it. Hope it coming soon :).

Feb 16, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #3,793 of 8,223
Using Sony's own Hi-Res Audio player software with NWA50 in DAC mode gives further refinement and focus... Side by side with a Chord Qutest, it's happily trading punches! Qutest comes out on top with a bit more naturalness and clarity, but not by a massive margin. I'm gobsmacked... unless my ears failing me, this is the deal of the century thanks to Mr Walkman and Sony.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back