Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Oct 26, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #1,111 of 8,232
I’m speechless.
It was also weird to me in that region it can be IEM Region and SE output related so take with agrain of salt i was wanting to feedback this one but no one cares my opinion but its really a good firmware and it has a character of its own...and no i dont look for better... 3.00 chameleon its the best for me, so thanks

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #1,112 of 8,232
I’m pretty sure there is no problem at all here? Though everyone has different personal sound preferences and IEMs?
I still love it but if you return any stock fw on 1A especially 2.0 . Just focus mid range you can hear the difference. The rest is definitely worse but the mid range is better, real

Oct 26, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #1,113 of 8,232
Well, as I said once, people will always look for better.

I will enjoy what we have for now :)

Haha. This is expected really. Happens with pretty much everything on Head-Fi.

No one is right or wrong in this situation as it’s purely subjective.

I still hold FW MK2 as one of my most prized possessions.

Thank-you.

Oct 26, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #1,114 of 8,232
I still love it but if you return any stock fw on 1A especially 2.0 . Just focus mid range you can hear the difference. The rest is definitely worse but the mid range is better, real

I’m surprised you even focus on mids, concerning you are a fellow owner of the IER-Z1R! :)

Oct 26, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #1,115 of 8,232
I’m surprised you even focus on mids, concerning you are a fellow owner of the IER-Z1R! :)
No, this is a way for you to recognize the problem with mid range on MK2 version. I never hear only mid :frowning2: i love 3d, the balance and natural sound. Many thanks

Oct 26, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #1,116 of 8,232

I’m mean if we were to be following different members personal sound signature trajectories; it would look like a road map.

Some are going north, some driving east. The guy driving south doesn’t see any value to be ever going north or east. He simply doesn’t like that area. Of course the people driving have past history in those locations. They like to visit as stuff is familiar and known.

Everyone ends up somewhere else and it’s normal.

Oct 26, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #1,117 of 8,232
Haha. This is expected really. Happens with pretty much everything on Head-Fi.

No one is right or wrong in this situation as it’s purely subjective.

I still hold FW MK2 as one of my most prized possessions.

Thank-you.
You love this version and i also love it and i respect you. But i just feedback to help it better. I don't mean anything else, don't get me wrong. Thanks

Oct 26, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #1,118 of 8,232
I’m mean if we were to be following different members personal sound signature trajectories; it would look like a road map.

Some are going north, some driving east. The guy driving south doesn’t see any value to be ever going north or east. He simply doesn’t like that area. Of course the people driving have past history in those locations. They like to visit as stuff is familiar and known.

Everyone ends up somewhere else and it’s normal.
Agree you, i also write " this is my impression ". I don't require to retune for my taste. Thanks

Oct 26, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #1,119 of 8,232
You love this version and i also love it and i respect you. But i just feedback to help it better. I don't mean anything else, don't get me wrong. Thanks
Agree you, i also write " this is my impression ". I don't require to retune for my taste. Thanks

I’m not sure there is perfection in audio? I guess we all have perfect moments? And if those perfect moments get spread out into perfect days then perfect weeks then it’s something to be grateful for.

In someone’s collection of gear there may even be different IEMs or headphones which display a flaw, yet as a whole we still cherish them. I really think I don’t own perfect gear. The IER-Z1R could have the mids moved forward and up a slight notch? Yet some only say the issue is with male vocals and really not all vocals. To me Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin and Frank Sinatra both share the same placement yet they have totally different voices. But......in the end I accept it all as there are so many gifts in other areas that I end in distraction? The IER-Z1R is my favorite IEM. It’s still a favorite even though it’s not perfect. Then my other favorite is the Noble Audio K-10 Encore. It’s the antithesis of the IER. It’s not perfect and actually maybe likes to be a challenge to the audio world with a very wild non-conformance attitude. Yet parts of what the Encore does IS perfect. The Encore has better midrange than the IER, so they complement each other.

That’s what Head-Fi is for.....for the sharing of opinion. There is no doubt that each person may want a slightly different response. What’s amazing is each person has a different ear canal. So the difference from the IEM tip to the ear drum will be different for each listener. Small differences in this place mean every IEM will sound different for each person regardless of how balanced the DAP tone is. The best we can hope for is to share impressions as without public impressions life would be like living in a bubble and the group effort and judgment dynamic would be lost. Critical ideas about MK2 are valuable.

I just wish 100% of the thread was a happy as I with the tune. I mean it’s been a rough road starting in 2017 when almost all the Sony Firmware was lacking or spotty. Then we received the tune types now we get full on DMP-Z1 emulation so it’s this whole new level. Though I can see why people like Sony 2.0 as no matter what detail is unearthed, there has and always will be emphasis on tone.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #1,120 of 8,232
Can someone explain when DSEE HX should be engaged, and what it actually does? Should I use it when playing flac files?

Oct 26, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #1,121 of 8,232
I’m not sure there is perfection in audio? I guess we all have perfect moments? And if those perfect moments get spread out into perfect days then perfect weeks then it’s something to be grateful for.

In someone’s collection of gear there may even be different IEMs or headphones which display a flaw, yet as a whole we still cherish them. I really think I don’t own perfect gear. The IER-Z1R could have the mids moved forward and up a slight notch? Yet some only say the issue is with male vocals and really not all vocals. To me Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin and Frank Sinatra both share the same placement yet they have totally different voices. But......in the end I accept it all as there are so many gifts in other areas that I end in distraction? The IER-Z1R is my favorite IEM. It’s still a favorite even though it’s not perfect. Then my other favorite is the Noble Audio K-10 Encore. It’s the antithesis of the IER. It’s not perfect and actually maybe likes to be a challenge to the audio world with a very wild non-conformance attitude. Yet parts of what the Encore does IS perfect. The Encore has better midrange than the IER, so they complement each other.

That’s what Head-Fi is for.....for the sharing of opinion. There is no doubt that each person may want a slightly different response. What’s amazing is each person has a different ear canal. So the difference from the IEM tip to the ear drum will be different for each listener. Small differences in this place mean every IEM will sound different for each person regardless of how balanced the DAP tone is. The best we can hope for is to share impressions as without public impressions life would be like living in a bubble and the group effort and judgment dynamic would be lost. Critical ideas about MK2 are valuable.

I just wish 100% of the thread was a happy as I with the tune. I mean it’s been a rough road starting in 2017 when almost all the Sony Firmware was lacking or spotty. Then we received the tune types now we get full on DMP-Z1 emulation so it’s this whole new level. Though I can see why people like Sony 2.0 as no matter what detail in unearthed there has and always will be emphasis on tone.
Agree totally with you. I respect all of things you said. But if you try IER Z1R in JP market, you maybe think differently :frowning2:. The mid range and the bass is very crazy 😜 but the treble isn't as well as the Z1R normal :)

Oct 26, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #1,122 of 8,232
Agree totally with you. I respect all of things you said. But if you try IER Z1R in JP market, you maybe think differently :frowning2:. The mid range and the bass is very crazy 😜 but the treble isn't as well as the Z1R normal :)

You mean the IER has a different tune in Tokyo?

Oct 26, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #1,124 of 8,232
MK2 rock and loaded now !!
So far it seems to bring the 3D effect of WM1Z+ with the refinements of MK1 together, also treble is more smoother and easy on the ears.
First impressions are extremely positive, and looking forward to spend more time with it.
As always, thank you @MrWalkman 🙌🏼

Oct 26, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #1,125 of 8,232

Users who are viewing this thread

Back