Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Oct 10, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #541 of 8,232
Can someone help me?
I am installing DMP-WM1 FW now but facing a problem.
I have unzipped the FW but cannot find the exe. file of DMP-WM1_Ext_Tuning. I had tried a couple of times but did not see the file.
What should I do now? Should I install those 2 files of StockRevert?

Oct 10, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #542 of 8,232
Can someone help me?
I am installing DMP-WM1 FW now but facing a problem.
I have unzipped the FW but cannot find the exe. file of DMP-WM1_Ext_Tuning. I had tried a couple of times but did not see the file.
What should I do now? Should I install those 2 files of StockRevert?

Your anti-virus software may have quarantined them. Same thing happened to me. I had to go into my anti-virus software and mark them as safe and they appeared in the download folder again.

Oct 10, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #544 of 8,232
Hi jltimp,

Thanks for your reply and advice. I only have the Microsoft Defender and turned it off before unzipping. Still, the exe. file did not show up. Can you send me the exe. file?

Just download the archive again after you temporarily disabled Microsoft Defender.

Oct 10, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #545 of 8,232
Just download the archive again after you temporarily disabled Microsoft Defender.
MrWalkman,

I did twice. After turning off the Defender, I got prompts saying that Trojan was found. I came across posts and you said that it was fine and we could neglect the warnings.

Right now, my WM1A is still connecting to my notebook C, what should I do?

Oct 10, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #546 of 8,232
I tried to drag the Tuning.exe file to another folder; seconds later, it disappeared there.

1602345333441.png

Oct 10, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #547 of 8,232
After turning off the Defender, I got prompts saying that Trojan was found.

If you disabled Microsoft Defender, then you shouldn't get alerts anymore, so maybe it's not actually disabled.

I can't really do anything about this, except maybe finding another way to pack the installers, and I'm not sure I want to spend time on that just because of Microsoft Defender.

I also don't get the detection myself.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #550 of 8,232
I have MS Defender here and it didn't have any issues with any of the files @camera are you sure you don't have another AV program or something installed?

Yeah, I don't get the detection as well. Microsoft Defender must be a really good antivirus I guess.

Oct 10, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #552 of 8,232
An experiment. When I use Windows native extractor (which is not my first choice) I get the warning. When I use 7-zip - no warning at all.

Either way, it's Microsoft Defender who's providing false alerts.

Oct 10, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #555 of 8,232
I get the warning and my PC is fine. I’ve put the files in a separate external HD and it’s gone. So no big deal and I know it’s a false positive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back