Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Jul 6, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #4,951 of 8,232
image.jpg

Jul 6, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #4,952 of 8,232
Hello all. Please anybody help me with download link to FEv2 firmware for my new WM1a. Really want to compare it with midnight
Page 205 in this tread! :)

Jul 6, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #4,953 of 8,232
I think its time maybe i look to invest in a different IEM soon. At least one i can afford.

As i used MP3s for the longest time none of my Frequency Responses were flat. At least based on this graph i found.
[But this is M1s im not sure how close the M2s compare to this graph, this may not be entirely be accurate]
Based on this:
I need to invest in an IEM with a more neutral Bass level (no need for that bump anymore)
A slight bump in Mids all the way across the board especially on the mid-mid & high-mids.
A slightly tuned down, but more consistent treble. Or at least an IEM that can handle the amount of detail in the treble and not become harsh.

Seems fair i might've found the culprit. Simply because its not the cleanest graph.

Attachments

• 20210706_023334.jpg
    20210706_023334.jpg
    421.4 KB · Views: 0
Jul 6, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #4,954 of 8,232
I think its time maybe i look to invest in a different IEM soon. At least one i can afford.

As i used MP3s for the longest time none of my Frequency Responses were flat. At least based on this graph i found.
[But this is M1s im not sure how close the M2s compare to this graph, this may not be entirely be accurate]
Based on this:
I need to invest in an IEM with a more neutral Bass level (no need for that bump anymore)
A slight bump in Mids all the way across the board especially on the mid-mid & high-mids.
A slightly tuned down, but more consistent treble. Or at least an IEM that can handle the amount of detail in the treble and not become harsh.

Seems fair i might've found the culprit. Simply because its not the cleanest graph.
Checkout DUNU; fair price, top of their class perforce, wide range with solid reviews. Some of their older IEM's are often on discount, nor lacking in quality such as DK-3001 Pro.

Right now I'm listening to Wolf Alice 24/96 - Blue Weekend on DUNU ZEN :sunglasses:
folder.jpg
This IEM is a masterclass in bass, not quantity, quality. DUNU's SA6 would be a strong recommendation, although an all BA IEM way outperforms it's price point. Hybrid DK 3001 Pro is a bargain for what the set offers.

Problem with your current IEM is the upper bass is overly boosted and likely spills over, dominating & smearing the sound signature
1625611102932.png

DUNU SA6; big differnce; not peaky, with a solid bass shelf in the right region.

1625611239288.png

DK 3001 Pro - similar however a DD + BA hybrid, little older and a lot cheaper :)

FWIW no affiliation with DUNU; just a good product at a reasonable price point. FiiO is another worthwhile contender, generally brighter than DUNU also Moondrop offers some very solid IEM's at a great price point.

Q-6

Jul 6, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #4,955 of 8,232
Checkout DUNU; fair price, top of their class perforce, wide range with solid reviews. Some of their older IEM's are often on discount, nor lacking in quality such as DK-3001 Pro.

Right now I'm listening to Wolf Alice 24/96 - Blue Weekend on DUNU ZEN :sunglasses:
folder.jpg
This IEM is a masterclass in bass, not quantity, quality. DUNU's SA6 would be a strong recommendation, although an all BA IEM way outperforms it's price point. Hybrid DK 3001 Pro is a bargain for what the set offers.

Problem with your current IEM is the upper bass is overly boosted and likely spills over, dominating & smearing the sound signature
1625611102932.png
DUNU SA6; big differnce; not peaky, with a solid bass shelf in the right region.

1625611239288.png
DK 3001 Pro - similar however a DD + BA hybrid, little older and a lot cheaper :)

FWIW no affiliation with DUNU; just a good product at a reasonable price point. FiiO is another worthwhile contender, generally brighter than DUNU also Moondrop offers some very solid IEM's at a great price point.

Q-6
Yikes. Good suggestions but i can rule the 3001 Pro and SA6 out at least for now. I'm literally in the budget area of iems lol. I just struck a bargain with my current ones.

Usually at full price $200, I paid $55.

Eitherway ill have to look more into the other two brands.

Jul 7, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #4,956 of 8,232
Yikes. Good suggestions but i can rule the 3001 Pro and SA6 out at least for now. I'm literally in the budget area of iems lol. I just struck a bargain with my current ones.

Usually at full price $200, I paid $55.

Eitherway ill have to look more into the other two brands.
Have a look at DUNU DK 2000 or Moondrop KXXS

Q-6

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021 at 12:39 AM Post #4,957 of 8,232
Moondrop KXXS look like an intriguing find. And theyre less than 200 USD everything else has been over 300 which i just wasn't looking for as the cost of electronics are all high.

Based on a simple search they sound like one well rounded IEM for the price. Frequency response looks very good [compared to what i have], a small dip in low mids but that's nothing.

According to this they seem to do very good overall.

Ill sure as hell look into this IEM more. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20210706_233122.jpg
    20210706_233122.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 0
Jul 7, 2021 at 3:39 AM Post #4,958 of 8,232
Jul 7, 2021 at 3:40 AM Post #4,959 of 8,232
Jul 7, 2021 at 6:25 AM Post #4,960 of 8,232

Based on this:

Massdrop EE Zeus XIV , if you can find one in the FS threads (there were some selling for 500-600$) - great iem , ridiculously low price (imo)

also , around 7000 hours on my WM1A , the usb dac option is awesome , that way i can listen to music on my laptop/external HD with my 4.4 Balanced Zeus XR iems (no need to switch to 3.5mm SE)

Jul 7, 2021 at 6:28 AM Post #4,961 of 8,232
Moondrop KXXS look like an intriguing find. And theyre less than 200 USD everything else has been over 300 which i just wasn't looking for as the cost of electronics are all high.

Based on a simple search they sound like one well rounded IEM for the price. Frequency response looks very good [compared to what i have], a small dip in low mids but that's nothing.

According to this they seem to do very good overall.

Ill sure as hell look into this IEM more. Thanks.
Check this channel out:
https://www.youtube.com/c/BadGuyGoodAudioReviews/videos
I don't agree with all, equally he wont steer you wrong on the best value for money, versus sound quality.

Audio is very much a game of diminishing returns, more to the point it should be about the music not the gear. Some get lost and others just enjoy :)

Q-6

Jul 7, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #4,962 of 8,232
Moot as is not released to the general community, nor any sign of this CFW forthcoming anytime soon. Midnight V2 maybe awesome or not as the case maybe, IDK. As you said the original Midnight is veiled which is one of it's issues. Midnight's treble is dialled back far too much which is why FEv2 remains the top pick today of the current CFW on offer for the WM1A/Z being more balanced and representative of how music should sound.

Q-6
I totally agree on this assumption! I’ve been switching between FW’s & regions like crazy, and the FEv2/reg.E combi is by far the winning combination so far. So otherworldly dynamic sound for all types of music. The unreleased Midnight#ProjectZ FW is a slight improvement, from the officially released version, to these ears, but it still has the treble dialed back too much. Low end becomes tiring after a couple of hours.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #4,964 of 8,232
I totally agree on this assumption! I’ve been switching between FW’s & regions like crazy, and the FEv2/reg.E combi is by far the winning combination so far. So otherworldly dynamic sound føtex all types of music. The unreleased Midnight#ProjectZ FW is a slight improvement, from the officially released version, these ears, but it still has the treble dialed back too much. Low end becomes tiring after a couple of hours.
What did auto correct change into Føtex 🤣

Jul 7, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #4,965 of 8,232

Users who are viewing this thread

Back