Sony SA5000 deal $200
Nov 5, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #91 of 141
Quote:
I hear balancing them and running them from (warm) tube amps are both things that make them better, with a less annoying treble and improved bass.

I haven't tried the SA5000 balanced, but I really do like them with some tubes, especially the more "tubey" amps.  They'll thicken up the bass, sweeten the mids and roll off the harsher highs.  It'll turn them into much more pleasing headphones.

Nov 6, 2010 at 2:24 AM Post #92 of 141
Actually i find them quite awesome from my Auditor,  A neutral and analytical amp that brings them to another level in detail, transperancy and that amazing treble extenstion... gaaawd i really do want to hear a Qualia.

Nov 6, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #94 of 141
These could be excellent headphones. I like almost everything about them. I guess I'll go hunting for an OTL then and maybe upgrade my dac while I'm at it.

Nov 7, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #97 of 141

Quote:
Still no cancellation notice or shipping from ANT Online... what's up?

I would give them a buzz.  I purchased through them and it shipped same day.

Nov 7, 2010 at 11:49 AM Post #98 of 141
I ordered 2x from 2 different retailers and was cancelled both times.

I was always curious about the SA5000's and the $200 price was too good to pass up, but I think I am going to "bait and switch" myself into a more expensive purchase...

I am looking forward to everyone's impressions when they receive theirs. 

Nov 7, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #99 of 141
^can you tell us which retailers canceled your order? I ordered a set from CompSource and haven't heard anything...

Nov 7, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #100 of 141

Quote:
^can you tell us which retailers canceled your order? I ordered a set from CompSource and haven't heard anything...

ritz camera (through amazon) and then ecomelectronics - I received emails that my orders were processed each time , so I let myself  get into the "waiting with anticipation for ups" excitement. 

Both of the retailers (ritz and ecomelectrics) were conscientious enough to have customer service reps write emails explaining that they were actually out of stock, and ecomelectronics offered me a $10 credit for future purchases.

I have decided to move on, the buying craze is getting to me and my obsessiveness always cost me more in the end.

I really enjoyed moving through the Grado line over the last few years. I actually had the RS1's, buttoned Rs2's, 325i's and SR80i's at the same time and exhausted myself switching between them, trying to discern the differences (subtle and not so subtle) with different gear and music.

I think I am leaning toward a purchase of something non-Grado that will sting my wallet and get me in a trouble with the wife.

I hope that your order goes well. 

Nov 9, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #102 of 141
Got mine today. Still wrapped in plastic. Should I do a unboxing video? None on YouTube currently.

Nov 9, 2010 at 1:47 PM Post #104 of 141
Just finished the unboxing video. Uploading to YouTue right now. Stay tuned!

Nov 9, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #105 of 141
Would have been nice to get in on this deal (even nicer if it pops up again later), it's even cheaper than getting an SA3k with SA5k earpads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back