Sony releases $160 64 GB SD cards marketed for 'Premium Sound'
Feb 22, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #31 of 121
That is not possible to hear a difference between microSD cards. Placebo + Voodoo if someone tell that. In a real world blind testing would no one can hear any difference. Only possible scenario is, if the microSD card is too slow like a very old class 2 and you want to play DXD or DSD256 file with 2 GB or above, it would/could stuck with the playback and this would be a indicator which card is used...

Feb 22, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #33 of 121
  Yup, I actually do some keyboard production with FL Studio and use ASIO in that regard. Just not sure why people think it would give any better audio quality. I guess maybe someone heard an audio engineer was using it and automatically assumed stuff. 

rolleyes.gif
 well maybe people on headfi will avoid the product and see through its rouge hopefully

Feb 22, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #34 of 121
Feb 22, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #35 of 121
Faraday cage for your phone? LOL

At which point, it ceases being a phone, does it? I'm not actually insane enough to do that, unlike that idiot on YouTube who wrapped everything including the internals of his gear with ERS paper AND the terminals where he soldered on some cables, then has his preamp on a Spider Rack and his CD transport just sitting on his Ikea table. What, dumbest thing ever - not even audiophile storage devices can top that.

Feb 22, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #37 of 121
Compared to the snake oil we've all seen in audiophile-land, this one doesn't even bother me.  With $1,000 being the price of entry for TOTL DAPs, I think I am now desensitized to pricing.  That is not to say I'll necessarily buy what the vendors & selling. I'm just no longer surprised.

Feb 22, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #38 of 121
  New and improved sony card. Now with racing stripes for an added 35hp and a flux capacitor so it can go back in time.

Flawless.

Feb 22, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #39 of 121
Sorry but imo this is bs nice looking sd card but really who in there right mind would buy this at that price..

Feb 22, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #40 of 121
  Sorry but imo this is bs nice looking sd card but really who in there right mind would buy this at that price..

I think we all kind of feel the same way. We will never truly know until multiple people test/review it though!

Feb 23, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #42 of 121
Compared to the snake oil we've all seen in audiophile-land, this one doesn't even bother me.  With $1,000 being the price of entry for TOTL DAPs, I think I am now desensitized to pricing.  That is not to say I'll necessarily buy what the vendors & selling. I'm just no longer surprised.

This is true but some of these daps have dacs and amps that hold validity and technology and research and development to yield their price point. Other things you can just see right through it. Technology that you can't actually show on paper the differences between one and another and the differences it yeilds. Just my opinion.

Feb 23, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #43 of 121
The noise levels of individual components are taken into consideration when a product is designed, so I reckon it'd be interesting to try in a few DAPs for curiosity's sake. I'm equally doubtful how much difference it'd make though.

Feb 23, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #44 of 121
Yes, way, way too expensive for a start. Snake oil? I'm not sure either way yet, I'd like to read a definative review using high end kit by someone with no afiliations to any companies before jumping to conclusions.
I have read a few posts on here from a few who have claimed to hear an audible difference from a devices (Was it the colorfly C3?) onboard memory compared to listening to the same song from an SD card in the same device. I found that quite strange and put it down to jitter.. but then we aren't supposed to be able to hear that right?
I now cant help wondering if noise from the SD card is what the difference was. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back