Sony releases $160 64 GB SD cards marketed for 'Premium Sound'
May 21, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #61 of 121
It is also possible that it's a flaw in the Sony ZX2 card reader, and that the card somehow performs better in that reader than the other card they were using.

May 24, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #62 of 121
I'm not one to believe in lots of these audio products, but I feel like this may make a difference, I know on my clip plus when I load a song or seek through the SD card it does make some electronic noise for a second, and that it doesn't do so with the onboard flash, but that may just be due to bad shielding. I do thing it would make a difference in at least that case though, currently I'm using a 64GB Samsung Pro SD. (Got it for $35 on BF!) This Sony SD wouldn't be worth the price if it did fix this IMO, but to each their own.

May 27, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #63 of 121
I think the Dre. Beats sound was the biggest known hype known to man and beast.

Jun 24, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #64 of 121
I'm not one to believe in lots of these audio products, but I feel like this may make a difference, I know on my clip plus when I load a song or seek through the SD card it does make some electronic noise for a second, and that it doesn't do so with the onboard flash, but that may just be due to bad shielding. I do thing it would make a difference in at least that case though, currently I'm using a 64GB Samsung Pro SD. (Got it for $35 on BF!) This Sony SD wouldn't be worth the price if it did fix this IMO, but to each their own.

That is the very slow CPU youre hearing. Has nothing to do with sd cards. By the way I hope many people here have enough common sense to not trap in Sony's trick If theyre so sure about it, explain how it works instead of keeping it to those vague explanations.

Jun 24, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #65 of 121
Regardless of your opinion on the card; the reviews on Amazon.co.jp are riotous even through Google Translate.

It even heals tone deaf daughter-in-laws.

Jun 24, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #66 of 121

That is the very slow CPU youre hearing. Has nothing to do with sd cards. By the way I hope many people here have enough common sense to not trap in Sony's trick If theyre so sure about it, explain how it works instead of keeping it to those vague explanations.

Are you sure that for the demo they put the exact same quality music files on the SONY microSD card and on the other MicroSD ? 
biggrin.gif

Jun 24, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #67 of 121
another explanation for this Sony's Premium Sound MicroSD : just for the demo they put good high-res music files on the SONY microSD card and... lousy music files (of the same music) on the other MicroSD ? 
biggrin.gif

Jun 24, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #68 of 121
Regardless of your opinion on the card; the reviews on Amazon.co.jp are riotous even through Google Translate.

It even heals tone deaf daughter-in-laws.

On the NW-ZX2 some SD cards create some RF that results in a faint noise when reading from it that you can hear through the IEMs, particularly when browsing the catalogue of files. I was very disappointed when I heard this on my Lexar 128GB card, so tended to try and organize my music so my more popular listens were on the internal memory to avoid this. The Sony SD card doesn't cause this when I try it. So I just wanted to point out that while talk of a memory card making music sound different is ridiculous to me, in the ZX2 it does eliminate an interference problem. It could be argued this is poor design on the ZX2 though.

Similarly if, and I mean if, there is a sound difference between Black, Copper and regular finishes, it may point to weak design choices instead of some intentional wonderful achievement. There is a analogue circuitry from the DAC onwards, including of course a headphone amplifier built-in to the AK380. If it is being influenced by the materials around it, it may suggest an inherent weakness than a strength....and it just happens the copper one sounds "better". I have the AK380cu, mainly because i wanted something different....altlhough I am now regretting it because I am a perfectionist, and I have had two units with scratches on the top surface, and despite trying many polishes, the finish only stays looking good for a few days before starting to tarnish (I can't find anything that lasts).

Jun 24, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #69 of 121
Louis is poor victim of marketing.. Awfull result of misseducation. Sd card like ass is just a digital data carrier. Like a book for you. The way to pronounce the words of book is area of ​​responsibility of other "devices"

Отправлено с моего SM-N910C через Tapatalk

Jun 24, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #71 of 121

On the NW-ZX2 some SD cards create some RF that results in a faint noise when reading from it that you can hear through the IEMs, particularly when browsing the catalogue of files. I was very disappointed when I heard this on my Lexar 128GB card, so tended to try and organize my music so my more popular listens were on the internal memory to avoid this. The Sony SD card doesn't cause this when I try it. So I just wanted to point out that while talk of a memory card making music sound different is ridiculous to me, in the ZX2 it does eliminate an interference problem. It could be argued this is poor design on the ZX2 though.

Similarly if, and I mean if, there is a sound difference between Black, Copper and regular finishes, it may point to weak design choices instead of some intentional wonderful achievement. There is a analogue circuitry from the DAC onwards, including of course a headphone amplifier built-in to the AK380. If it is being influenced by the materials around it, it may suggest an inherent weakness than a strength....and it just happens the copper one sounds "better". I have the AK380cu, mainly because i wanted something different....altlhough I am now regretting it because I am a perfectionist, and I have had two units with scratches on the top surface, and despite trying many polishes, the finish only stays looking good for a few days before starting to tarnish (I can't find anything that lasts).

Thank you for your level-headed comments.

Jun 24, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #73 of 121
I'm starting to become absolutely convinced that Louis is joking with us literally. No disrespect if you're not, I just get mind blown by some of the beliefs you guys have. Maybe I am the crazy one.. 

Jun 24, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #75 of 121

The interference (EMI) issues are the only thing I can see that could audibly change the sound quality. That goes for the case material of the 380 as well as the SD card and even the USB cable arguments. Thats my professional opinion anyway. The only other argument I could see are poor quality control and they all sound different (not just because of their color). People say the black sounds darker, the copper sounds warmer.. maybe because your brain tells you that due to the color of the unit.. Even with cables.. "silver sounds brighter, copper sounds warmer".. they just literally go by the color and their brain tricks them into thinking they hear certain things.

People should really double blind test the same tracks and try to be more down to earth. Also read audiophile myths and studies. You'll enjoy the music more in the long run and you'll probably save some money and make more educated decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back