Sony PFR-V1 (K1000 KILLER).... ORDERED!!!
Oct 22, 2007 at 1:00 PM Post #91 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well that sure is interesting. All the other reviews I've managed to track down were quite good. When they arrive, I will settle this once and for all
smily_headphones1.gif

well, how can we trust your review wont be bias after posting such tread? Obviously it doesn’t take a genius to figure out your super hyped about this headphone. why dont you just compare it with something your listening to atm and see if its worth even comparing it to a can such as the K1000?

This thread has already misled so many ppl who don’t bother to read all the posts with the hope of owning a new cream of the crop headphone for just $500. with comments like "i hope this can has bigger soundstage then k1000" lol seriously...if by a miracle this phone turns out to be the holy grail then every one who spent thousands on headphones should throw their cans away and just use this thing with an ipod.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 22, 2007 at 1:15 PM Post #92 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firevortex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread has already misled so many ppl who don’t bother to read all the posts with the hope of owning a new cream of the crop headphone for just $500.

So you're saying that some people who are too lazy to read through the thread might leap to the purchase of a product valued at $500.00, and 003 is to blame for that.
rolleyes.gif
Get real!

003 has explained numerous times why he titled the thread in such a way. It was to keep this thread alive, as most of the other threads about this headphone garnered no interest. Well guess what? This thread is alive and kicking, so the way I see it his idea worked great.

Most of you state that your problem with this thread is that you think he compares this new headphone he hasn't yet heard very favorably over a very well respected long time Head-Fi favorite. He doesn't. I wonder how many of you would be as miffed however if he titled this thread "Another crappy Sony marketing ploy". I doubt too many, even though that would really be a case of falsely judging a headphone he hadn't heard.

Oct 22, 2007 at 1:54 PM Post #93 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you're saying that some people who are too lazy to read through the thread might leap to the purchase of a product valued at $500.00, and 003 is to blame for that.
rolleyes.gif
Get real!

i think you missed what i said so i;ve highlighted in bold.

Quote:

This thread has already misled so many ppl who don’t bother to read all the posts with the hope of owning a new cream of the crop headphone for just $500.

yah..yah i know his attempting to bring attention to him self with this heading. but its misleading the ignorant out there who might have their hopes up.

i dont really see the point of him borrowing a K1000 to compare it with, other then another stunt to bring more attention to him self. obviously he could just compare this new headphone with his current sets which would be good enough bench mark.

Oct 22, 2007 at 1:55 PM Post #94 of 126
When I bought mine from Headroom in the 90s, the list price of the AKGs was about $1000 - - Headroom sold them, however, for about the same price as this new Sony. Price isn't an absolute indicator of quality.

Oct 22, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #95 of 126
Quote:

i think you missed what i said so i;ve highlighted in bold.

No, I think I understood it correctly.

Quote:

yah..yah i know his attempting to bring attention to him self with this heading. but its misleading the ignorant out there who might have their hopes up.

Ignorance is not a genetic defect. Ignorance can be easily overcome by reading the flippin' thread before you plunk down your $500.00!

Quote:

i dont really see the point of him borrowing a K1000 to compare it with, other then another stunt to bring more attention to him self. obviously he could just compare this new headphone with his current sets which would be good enough bench mark.

Maybe because the two headphones share a similar design philosophy? Maybe because this is a headphone forum, and we like to compare headphones? What!

Oct 22, 2007 at 2:56 PM Post #96 of 126
I am definitely interested in 003's impressions when he receives them. Just because he is hyped to receive his new toy (and who wouldn't be, just out of curiosity alone) doesn't mean he won't be fair. New technologies should be well anticipated with well tuned ears as a judge and this thread is our way of observing this in action.

david

Oct 22, 2007 at 8:38 PM Post #97 of 126
Great news!!! The PFR-V1 has shipped this morning by EMS!!
biggrin.gif

Quote:

well, how can we trust your review wont be bias after posting such tread? .... why dont you just compare it with something your listening to atm and see if its worth even comparing it to a can such as the K1000?

This thread has already misled so many ppl who don’t bother to read all the posts with the hope of owning a new cream of the crop headphone

My review will not be biased. If it sounds good, I will say so. If it sounds bad, I will say so. If it sounds somewhere in between, I will say so. You must be pretty dense to not understand why I would want to compare it to the K1000, regardless of it's quality.

This thread has mislead nobody.

Oct 22, 2007 at 8:46 PM Post #98 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread has mislead nobody.

but I solded my K1000 for teh Sony becuz u sed it iz K1000 killah.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Oct 22, 2007 at 8:47 PM Post #99 of 126
I personally would really like them to be great since they are fairly affordable.

Let us hope they are.

Oct 22, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #100 of 126
Quote:

i dont really see the point of him borrowing a K1000 to compare it with

You're joking, right?

Oct 22, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #104 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds a little fishy to me.
tongue.gif

This looks like a job for Jokebusters!