Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Sep 27, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #256 of 7,711

I hope it will be able to do that but again we are still limited by space.  The ZX1 with my Qualia 010 will just be great together.

This is one reason I'm holding out on buying any new headphones for a bit. If I wind up buying the ZX1, I'll most likely upgrade to something but I want to see what it will drive. I loved the comfort of the H6 and I hear it has good bass and overall sound if it can be driven properly. The F807 couldn't do it.

Sep 27, 2013 at 4:32 AM Post #257 of 7,711
I have zero experience with Sony DAP..

is it a reasonable expectation that the SQ will be AK120  < ZX1 < HM901 bal?

Sep 27, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #264 of 7,711
Sep 27, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #266 of 7,711
  Does this support file/folder browsing?

Yes.  Sony UI is quite impressive.  I would rate as being on par with iPod/iPhone for playing music. 

Sep 27, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #267 of 7,711
Sheesh, I go away for a few days and this place blows up 
gs1000.gif

I'm liking what I see though.

on a side note, In my catching up, I recall someone a few pages back asking about Android and it's audio implementation. Last I saw high res audio still isn't baked into android (not 4.1 at least) I read with the LG G2 it's custom added in so I'm guessing it's the same here.

Of course a more thorough look through recent android documentation is due on my part, though I'd imagine it would have been brought up around these parts if it had happened.

Sep 27, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #268 of 7,711

on a side note, In my catching up, I recall someone a few pages back asking about Android and it's audio implementation. Last I saw high res audio still isn't baked into android (not 4.1 at least) I read with the LG G2 it's custom added in so I'm guessing it's the same here.

If you ever poke around the Settings portion of a Z or F, it's pretty clear they started with what the phone guys gave them (there are references to mobile phone stuff in a few places). The Walkman as designed is clearly tweaked to be more of an audio (and video before people get all pissy) device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back