Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Jul 10, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #7,412 of 7,711
  -35% battery per night (9 hours) with airplane mode ON, its not normal, isn't it?

Nothing is normal with the ZX1 battery.  I get 3 hours play time with everything but the player off.  I've resorted to using a charging cradle when I play.

Jul 10, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #7,413 of 7,711
  Nothing is normal with the ZX1 battery.  I get 3 hours play time with everything but the player off.  I've resorted to using a charging cradle when I play.

I think it depends strongly on which kind of files you use. I use FLAC most of the time and have roughly 10 hours with my DT1770 on a normal volume around 40%. And I see only 1% drop over night.

Jul 10, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #7,414 of 7,711
  -35% battery per night (9 hours) with airplane mode ON, its not normal, isn't it?

You need to turn off as much android apps as possible, then you get down to 1% loss over night.

Jul 10, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #7,416 of 7,711
I've been using a Herus Dac with my iPhone, the power boost is fantastic. It doesn't work with the ZX1, my guess is it doesn't supply enough power through the WMC NWH 10. I've tried the dragonfly series too and still no good.
Does anyone know any non battery powered DAC that does work?
Failing that, are there any recommended DACs or usb amps that will definitely work? I'm looking for a low profile one to bring to work, so something pocketable.

Jul 10, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #7,417 of 7,711

H
I've been using a Herus Dac with my iPhone, the power boost is fantastic. It doesn't work with the ZX1, my guess is it doesn't supply enough power through the WMC NWH 10. I've tried the dragonfly series too and still no good.
Does anyone know any non battery powered DAC that does work?
Failing that, are there any recommended DACs or usb amps that will definitely work? I'm looking for a low profile one to bring to work, so something pocketable.

Hi chontler, do you have a EU capped ZX1?

Jul 11, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #7,419 of 7,711
May I ask, could you share the firmware? And does it have English language option?

Jul 12, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #7,422 of 7,711
  How much louder is it now would you say?

I did the same on mine and on my coworker's one. I think the volume more than doubles. Just disable the sound device in active apps, then go back to the player screen, enter the sound settings, check either clear audio plus or sound settings and the uncap shall happen. you only get the uncap, the functions remain disabled. this needs to be repeated after a reboot.

Jul 12, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #7,423 of 7,711
Is the older Android OS likely to be an issue regards modern or current Malware and Viruses (they way it has been for Android phones?) I ask as it appears you cannot update the OS and owners are likely to connect to the net for various reasons...

Jul 22, 2016 at 2:53 AM Post #7,425 of 7,711
So, yesterday my fully charged ZX1 played line out to a headphone amp. Volume on the ZX1 = max.

After maybe 3 hours it was down to 15% and it was really hot! I connected the charger but it still told me "connect your charger".

The player get's two years old in a few days.

I tried different cables and power supplies but it didn't charge. It stayed on the 15% battery level with the cable connected but it stayed very hot!

The question: Should I exchange it for a new ZX1 or better get a ZX100?

Did somebody already found out how to disassemble the ZX1 to replace the battery?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back