Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Jun 5, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #7,396 of 7,711
  hi Mate.
I think I can answer that question.
Beside the fact that the zx2 have a card slot for 128 gb more storage than zx1 ( zx1 internal 128 gb, zx2 128 internal + card slot) , zx2 have more transistors and is slightly more powerful.
Now in my opinion I must admit that the power can be seen on lower impendance headphones, for a headphone like Senn HD650 you see a difference, but it isnt that much, you still need an external amp like chord mojo, cayin c5, aune x1 if you want better soundstage/ sound power.
Another difference is the battery time, my zx1 have around 15 hrs of battery time (air mode) while zx2 have almost double. 
Size is different as well, zx2 is bigger and heavier than zx1. I am jogging a lot and I am using zx1., Zx2 is too big and clumsy for such exercise.
At the end sound is a bit different. Using my TH900, zx2 is more "digital" and have a bit more soundstage than zx1, though I like the zx1 sound more since it resemblence old Marantz house analogue sound, it is more sweet and warm on zx1. It is a matter of preference and price.
I like zx1 and will choose it anytime over zx2 , beside it is cheaper.
This is my personal opinion ofc, and both are exellent DAPs.
Pardon my grammer, english is not my native.

edited grammars :)

Thank you, very interesting and useful! The zx2 seems very nice but is way out of my price range, I hope one day to complement my nwz-z1060 with a zx1 or a zx100.

Jun 6, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #7,398 of 7,711
Hi Whitigir, I used it but switched over to ZX1 beacause of the analog sound and the fact that I am running a lot, I still love ZX2 though, Sony really made a fantastic DAP. 
You can have high hopes UnknownPlan, ZX1 with c5 is really a good mix and make both my TH900 and HD650 shine :)
Cayin are a bit different but the sound is top notch.

Jun 6, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #7,399 of 7,711
You won't see much difference Mate.
ZX1 is very close to ZX2, except for a larger battery and a card slot. But the sound is fantastic if you like the old Sony sound.
The components are different and the way they make their DAC inside is different than say IBasso, Fiio and such.
Ofc many enjoy them with an amp/dac like Hugo Mojo but then you have to order a special cable from Japan to make it work. Never tried nwz-z1060 because of a good deal on zx1, how is it?

Jun 7, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #7,401 of 7,711
  You won't see much difference Mate.
ZX1 is very close to ZX2, except for a larger battery and a card slot. But the sound is fantastic if you like the old Sony sound.
The components are different and the way they make their DAC inside is different than say IBasso, Fiio and such.
Ofc many enjoy them with an amp/dac like Hugo Mojo but then you have to order a special cable from Japan to make it work. Never tried nwz-z1060 because of a good deal on zx1, how is it?

Thanks! I was reading about the LG G5's audio accessory, apparently it can be used with other sources via a usb cable, but better not mess around and just save for a zx1. The z1060's sound is great, with FLAC, xba-4 (very flat, huge stage, amazing for electronic music, doesn't sound like much with any other source), ath-ckr10 (great bass, very detailed, a crowd pleaser) and the classic ath-M50. It's stuck at android 4.0 so installing any apps make it unusable. Got it for 50% off MSRP, new, likely a distributor error, so I can't complain!

Jun 16, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #7,403 of 7,711
My ZX1 is stuck in a boot-loop, I can't even get it into recovery mode. It was perfectly fine yesterday.. I'm not sure what's caused it, but it seems it discharged overnight for no apparent reason as well. After plugging it in to power it's now just getting really hot while trying to start up, all I get is the walkman logo animation.

Any one has any sort of advice?

Jun 16, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #7,404 of 7,711
My ZX1 is stuck in a boot-loop, I can't even get it into recovery mode. It was perfectly fine yesterday.. I'm not sure what's caused it, but it seems it discharged overnight for no apparent reason as well. After plugging it in to power it's now just getting really hot while trying to start up, all I get is the walkman logo animation.

it was necessary to use carefully and not to play soccer with him!

Jun 17, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #7,406 of 7,711

[COLOR=111111]it was necessary to use carefully and not to play soccer with him![/COLOR]

Take it you know salanos then?

I would never play "football" with zx1 on me although i have regretted playing football with my best trainers on!

To Salanos,

I'm afraid it's tine to contact sony service by the soinds of it.

Jun 17, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #7,407 of 7,711

I would never play "football" with zx1 on me although i have regretted playing football with my best trainers on!

To Salanos,

Have you tried to hold down volume up and power until it restarts? There is also a hardware reset button on the bottom back. The former is the Android hard reset option, the latter, I think, does a factory reset. So try the former first!

Jun 17, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #7,408 of 7,711

To Salanos,

Have you tried to hold down volume up and power until it restarts? There is also a hardware reset button on the bottom back. The former is the Android hard reset option, the latter, I think, does a factory reset. So try the former first!

No as it is not me who has the issue!? 

I assumed when Salanos says he can't get it into recovery mode that he has already tried the reset options.

Maybe Salanos can confirm if this is what he meant by trying "recovery modes" other than throwing it at the wall it would leave the option of Sony having to take a look at it.

Jul 9, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #7,409 of 7,711
Hello, someone can tell me if ZX1 plays DSD files?? In the official page of Sony, I know that it doesn't pay DSD. Also I had read in a firmware update that it can plays DSD trough a DAC. I have the PHA-3. Did the ZX1 has LDAC? I have bought MUC-M2BT1 and it would be fine to use it with ZX1... Thanks!

Jul 9, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #7,410 of 7,711
Hello, someone can tell me if ZX1 plays DSD files?? In the official page of Sony, I know that it doesn't pay DSD. Also I had read in a firmware update that it can plays DSD trough a DAC. I have the PHA-3. Did the ZX1 has LDAC? I have bought MUC-M2BT1 and it would be fine to use it with ZX1... Thanks!

I know very little about DSD, but it appears to downsample DSD tracks when I play through a Hugo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back