Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Apr 4, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #6,886 of 7,711
joking guy!
biggrin.gif

Apr 7, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #6,888 of 7,711
So I just got the ZX1, now to take my time and skim this thread for a suitable case / screen protector!

Edit: Grr...did a reset before grabbing the files off the device beforehand...does anyone still have the music that came with the ZX1 and are willing to share?

Apr 8, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #6,890 of 7,711
  So I just got the ZX1, now to take my time and skim this thread for a suitable case / screen protector!

Edit: Grr...did a reset before grabbing the files off the device beforehand...does anyone still have the music that came with the ZX1 and are willing to share?

I still have Herbie Hancock's "Watermelon man" on my ZX1, this song needed be saved!
biggrin.gif

The rest wasn't worth it, so you must not think you are missing out on something.

Send me a private message if you want it.

Apr 8, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #6,891 of 7,711
The dbpoweramp, is it better than the stock Sony player?

I prefer the stock sony player and i don't use dbpoweramp to tag music files. I use mp3tag but it don't tag wave files. I only use Flac files but someone in this forum wants to tag wave files. So, using Dbpoweramp he can tag wave files and if he wants he can put cover art on it.
I don't know if Dbpoweramp could be used as a player, i only use it to manipulate music files and only on my Personal Computer. I don't know if there is an android application of Dbpoweramp and even it exist i don't need it. All the cosmetic i want to do with my music files (in wav format) is done in the PC (like remove pops and other problems the waves could have, upscall to Hi-Res, Remaster them to 98 dB, etc). After the cosmetic i convert them to Flac and finally i tranfer them to NWZ-ZX1 without using Media Go (only use drag an drop). 

I hope that this explanation was usefull to you or someone in this forum.

Apr 8, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #6,892 of 7,711

Hi

I Have all the music files that came in NWZ-ZX1. If you still want them send me a private message and i'll inform you about the best way to send them to you. I don't use clouds or any other method of send files to the net to share. I have another ways to share them with you using the Net. Confused? send me a PM.

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #6,893 of 7,711

I still have Herbie Hancock's "Watermelon man" on my ZX1, this song needed be saved!
biggrin.gif

The rest wasn't worth it, so you must not think you are missing out on something.

Yeah, I took a quick listen to a few of the tracks, and they weren't that amazing, but I feel like I'm missing out on something, haha. Didn't take a listen at Watermelon Man, so I'm excited :D

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #6,895 of 7,711
It's on you tube if you want to preview

I actually failed to find the same song on youtube, and I was very thorough. Of course you'll find lots of Watermelon Man renditions on Youtube performed by Herbie Hancock himself, but not the song that you find on the ZX1. Maybe you know more? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRAWAXJSXDU (It's the song that starts at 00:08)

Apr 11, 2015 at 2:47 AM Post #6,899 of 7,711
Feeling neglected as a ZX-1 owner now that everyone seems to be after the new kid on the block, the ZX-2.

Apr 11, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #6,900 of 7,711
Feeling neglected as a ZX-1 owner now that everyone seems to be after the new kid on the block, the ZX-2.

Don't be.  You can always get the PHA-3 to compliment the ZX1 if you don't want to step up to the ZX2.  The ZX1+PHA3 in single ended output is about on par if not slightly better than the ZX2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back