Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Mar 3, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #6,781 of 7,711

Like i said the 1,14 update it's only available for Japanese models. The japanese models have atrac and European models don't have it,. Europe model has FLAC instead ATRAC. My model is European and it says that it is up to date with 1.13.

I dont think you are correct. (E) stands for english language.

Thee correct (working) firmware was posted on the Sony's international product site and was subsequently removed.

There's no difference between Japanese or other version of ZX1 apart from the Euro volume limit which is implemented in the software.

All ZX1 can play flac and ATRAC as well. You need to install Japanese version of the content management software to transfer ATRAC files withouth the conversion.

Still waiting for 1.14 on my ZX1 . Come on Soony

Cheers

Mar 3, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #6,782 of 7,711
I have had 1.14 on my Japanese ZX1 for a couple of days and I've found an annoying bug. If you're playing music and the headphone cable is removed it stops the player which is normal but now when this happens the hard play/fwd/rwd all stop working until you restart the player. I tried checking the menu to see if they were locked but the box wasn't ticked, I put it on and off anyway but no good. Anyone else having the same issue?

Mar 3, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #6,783 of 7,711
All ZX1 can play flac and ATRAC as well. You need to install Japanese version of the content management software to transfer ATRAC files withouth the conversion.

Still waiting for 1.14 on my ZX1 . Come on Soony

Cheers

Hello Dinche, i'm interested in ATRAC plus because it is lossless format and files are smaller than FLAC files.
My model doesn't play ATRAC, can you tell the steps i need to do to play ATRAC on a European Model?

Many thanks in advance.

Mar 3, 2015 at 6:24 AM Post #6,784 of 7,711
  Hello Dinche, i'm interested in ATRAC plus because it is lossless format and files are smaller than FLAC files.
My model doesn't play ATRAC, can you tell the steps i need to do to play ATRAC on a European Model?

Many thanks in advance.

croqui,

The app is called x-app. It supposed to transfer your .oma .omg files without the transcoding to mp3. 

Good luck with working out Japanese UI

http://www.sony.jp/support/audiosoftware/x-appli/download/

There's also a thread on this

http://www.head-fi.org/t/603440/sony-walkman-japanese-versions-help-for-dummies-thread/120

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #6,785 of 7,711
I have had 1.14 on my Japanese ZX1 for a couple of days and I've found an annoying bug. If you're playing music and the headphone cable is removed it stops the player which is normal but now when this happens the hard play/fwd/rwd all stop working until you restart the player. I tried checking the menu to see if they were locked but the box wasn't ticked, I put it on and off anyway but no good. Anyone else having the same issue?

Hi, just tested on my Japanese ZX1, also on 1.14(000): pulled out my hp's with the stock (!) player playing, plugged them back in, pressed the play button and it resumed the last song I played in Poweramp! Weird. Unlocked screen, displays paused stock player...

However, with screen still unlocked pressing the play button on the side again, stock player resumes and all is well, FWD/RWD buttons still work, no reset necessary.

Did you install any 3rd party apps that might confuse the side buttons?

Mar 3, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #6,786 of 7,711
ZX1 FW 1.14 for non japanese units redux

What I found out so far.

-1.14.000 works only on the Japanese units. This has been confirmed to me by few members of this forum who succesfully updated their Japanese ZX1's.

-1.14.002 supposed to be used on other overseas models, but it was pulled from the Sony's servers shortly after it was put there. This, for reasons we can only speculate at this stage.

-1.14.005 supposed to be used on Chinese units. I tried this version too but its not recognising my ZX1 (same as 1.14.000).

Last night I tried BCR-NWH with my 1.13 FW ZX1 and its not sending the bit stream while charging. Friend came over, plugged his A15 and it was sending the bit stream to PHA2, charging itself and charging PHA2 as well . Oh well.

Regards

Mar 3, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #6,789 of 7,711
Mar 4, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #6,790 of 7,711

Hi,

Has anyone saved this update file to post it somewhere. The download link is down v1.14.002 and the available one through the different link v1.14.000 is not being recognised by zx1. I tried on both windows and mac and its not working.

v 1.14.002 please anyone?

Regards

Hello everyone!
At your request, post the link to the firmware file 1.14.002. Installation in Windows.
http://dropmefiles.com/EiVT2