Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Dec 4, 2014 at 4:10 AM Post #6,556 of 7,711
Very interesting. I can only assume then that sony kept this feature for the zx1 exclusively.

the Walkman bits you'll find in Sony phones is not the same as the actual Walkman dedicated devices, looks very similar admittedly... the operation looks the same but several bits are missing, also the sound from a Sony phone no way compares to a Walkman, my experience obviously, hth.

Dec 4, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #6,557 of 7,711
the Walkman bits you'll find in Sony phones is not the same as the actual Walkman dedicated devices, looks very similar admittedly... the operation looks the same but several bits are missing, also the sound from a Sony phone no way compares to a Walkman, my experience obviously, hth.

I agree. That's why I listen to my calyx m daily :) I just checked my z1 walkman app and strangely the Senseme feature has dissappeared. It was there when I first bought the phone

Dec 4, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #6,558 of 7,711
I agree. That's why I listen to my calyx m daily :) I just checked my z1 walkman app and strangely the Senseme feature has dissappeared. It was there when I first bought the phone

I'm on my tablet, so forgive me if the quote comes out wrong.

The senseme channels now appear under playlists on the Xperia phones, I can't remember which update it came through in though.

That said since I got my f886/zx1, I've stopped using my phone for music.

Dec 5, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #6,559 of 7,711
I'm on my tablet, so forgive me if the quote comes out wrong.

The senseme channels now appear under playlists on the Xperia phones, I can't remember which update it came through in though.

That said since I got my f886/zx1, I've stopped using my phone for music.

Thanks I found it. But still doesn't work with flac files. I am on the road quite alot and I am using my phone to listen to music via bluetooth. Would be great if sony would just give the xperia line this feature

Dec 5, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #6,563 of 7,711
  it hasn't... no-one knows what the DAC is in the ZX1.

http://www.erenumerique.fr/sony_nwz_zx1_le_baladeur_audiophile-article-9598-1.html
Although i will go out  on a limb based on form and price  and speculate that it has one unlike ak240
smile.gif

Dec 5, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #6,565 of 7,711
think Purk might chip in on this convo... as I understand it the ZX1's DAC & Amp are one of the same like the one implemented in the Chord Hugo, though the DAC part is definitely not the same as that is designed by Chord's Rob Watts... if you go back in the thread to last Dec/Jan you'll probably find the DAC chat that was discussed at that time, hth.

Dec 5, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #6,566 of 7,711
Has anyone done a blind AB comparison of 16 bit vs. 24 bit by downsampling the 24 bit file to 16/44.1 and playing both files subsequently? (The conversion can  easily be done in Media Go with the "Convert File" option. 

Thanks. 

Dec 7, 2014 at 5:06 AM Post #6,567 of 7,711
hi, 

putting my zx1 up for sale if anyone interested: 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/734701/sony-nw-zx1-japanese-model-in-eu

cheers

Dec 7, 2014 at 5:29 AM Post #6,568 of 7,711
To get Native DSD on my ZX-1, do I need the PHA-3 or will the far cheaper PHA-2 do the trick?

Dec 7, 2014 at 5:35 AM Post #6,569 of 7,711
  http://www.erenumerique.fr/sony_nwz_zx1_le_baladeur_audiophile-article-9598-1.html
Although i will go out  on a limb based on form and price  and speculate that it has one unlike ak240
smile.gif

I been reading through reviews and ton of articles trying to find out whats inside the NWZ-ZX1. Not that it matters to me I still love the sound it's just the curiosity is driving me crazy. Anyone willing to do a tear down?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back