Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Jun 20, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #5,731 of 7,711

Sorry, wasn't really thinking that through properly when I wrote it. Don't carry out that many bank transfers either.
redface.gif
 When I ordered from price japan I thought that if anything went wrong, then what sort of protection would I have?  Was advised against it as well

By whom?

You would have the same proof of payment as PayPal, or anybody else. PriceJapan is not the kind of company to 'take-your-money-and-run'. If they cannot fill your order they they would immediately notify you and issue you a refund like they would do if you paid by PayPal, too.

There really not any difference except that PayPal will charge you at least 3-4%, but hey, it's your money...I was just letting you know there is nothing bad, wrong or dangerous about using a Bank Wire.....that's actually a plus that PriceJapan allows this (Bank Wires) as it helps keep their prices the "Lowest in Japan", which is their logo and they live by it.

Jun 20, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #5,732 of 7,711

By whom?

You would have the same proof of payment as PayPal, or anybody else. PriceJapan is not the kind of company to 'take-your-money-and-run'. If they cannot fill your order they they would immediately notify you and issue you a refund like they would do if you paid by PayPal, too.

There really not any difference except that PayPal will charge you at least 3-4%, but hey, it's your money...I was just letting you know there is nothing bad, wrong or dangerous about using a Bank Wire.....that's actually a plus that PriceJapan allows this (Bank Wires) as it helps keep their prices the "Lowest in Japan", which is their logo and they live by it.

Well it was my first time ordering from them, I was worried incase anything went wrong. I mean what would happen if it got lost in transit. Would PriceJapan just hand my money back over? What if there were other disputes? I'm always wary about ordering from new places. Just because other people have a good experience doesn't mean I will have. I just felt safer with paypal, and was put off the bank transfer by a family member. Maybe I shouldn't listen to other people, I always get conflicting advice.:p 

If I order anything else from them I will consider a bank transfer. Don't think I can afford anything else now though. 

Jun 20, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #5,733 of 7,711
  I mean what would happen if it got lost in transit. Would PriceJapan just hand my money back over? What if there were other disputes?

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, just sharing my experiences and knowelege to help you, just so you know...

Regarding 'lost-in-the-mail': PJ ships with full tracking and insurance. No different than any reputable company does. Did you know PriceJapan has been doing this buisness since 2001? That's 13 years. They are very customer oriented...their whole buisness is with peeps like us wanting Japanses gear cheap. They survive on their reputation and word-of-mouth. In the future I would not worry one iota about doing buisness with them.

Jun 20, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #5,734 of 7,711
They seem like a legit company from the little I've read, but 4% of zx1 price if it gives you peace of mind, use PayPal. Not sure what the price is, but if it's $800,you pay $32 or so for peace of mind. 1 work week of Starbucks...

Jun 21, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #5,735 of 7,711
Any further news from people who applied the latest update from Sony. Anyone successfully root their player?

Jun 21, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #5,736 of 7,711
Hi thanks for that, I'm going to hold out now for Amazon, as I have spoken to Sony UK who advise stock due in on the 7th July, so hopefully Amazon will have them around the same time. I am in UK.

Is this pricejapan pretty trustworthy then? Just seem a little fake to me, with the way they sort of push you to pay via bank transfer, and credit card through Paypal which they then point out an extra 3.5% charge. Bank transfer is very risky IMO.

Try Borderlinx, you can buy in EU and they ship it to UK.

I used them before the other way (i am in germany) buying a sony player in UK....

Jun 21, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #5,739 of 7,711
Yup - mine too.  Sending it back to Sony UK - who can't replace it as no stock and can't even back-order it?!?!?!?  Waited months for it in the Sony UK store and got to spend around 4 hours with it before it bricked.

Jun 21, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #5,740 of 7,711
I love the battery on these. I forgot to charge it and right now its at 6 % and been on battery for over 2 days. A good amount was idle but still a lot better than other HiFi daps

Jun 21, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #5,741 of 7,711
Battery life is excellent when in flight mode, not timed useage but can use for a good few hours between charges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back