Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Jun 19, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #5,702 of 7,711
Guys....software update version 1.11 is now available. Has anyone tried it? Thought?

Can´t find version 1.11 on Sony Support Page....i can only find version 1.10 ?!
confused.gif

Jun 19, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #5,705 of 7,711
Are they getting it from the units software update feature over wifi perhaps?

I get my update via that method, yes, although not updated yet.

Wonder if its to do with the recent root method released by geohot for alot of android devices..... likely not but the change log only states its to secure communications.

Jun 19, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #5,707 of 7,711

I get my update via that method, yes, although not updated yet.

Wonder if its to do with the recent root method released by geohot for alot of android devices..... likely not but the change log only states its to secure communications.

Link please.
Never mind found various articles although I too would like to hear V4A on the Sony.

Jun 19, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #5,708 of 7,711
You found it and tried it? as I had no success myself with it.

Tried once and it rebooted without success, but bottled out going further without CWM or flashboot or the like.

Jun 19, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #5,710 of 7,711
I just updated and will see how it goes. Seeing as I can't read Japanese what is the update supposed to provide?

Jun 19, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #5,711 of 7,711
  I just updated and will see how it goes. Seeing as I can't read Japanese what is the update supposed to provide?

According to Mannp a few posts up it's "change log only states its to secure communications". Whatever this means.
&
According to Mochill again a few posts up he finds it a lot "faster and snappier"

Jun 19, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #5,713 of 7,711
  According to Mannp a few posts up it's "change log only states its to secure communications". Whatever this means.
&
According to Mochill again a few posts up he finds it a lot "faster and snappier"

Thanks. It looks like I just missed those posts. I don't really notice anything different but I'm not really using the UI much. It's mostly next/pause and then choosing a song if I want something specific.

As far as rooting the device I really don't see the point in rooting the ZX1 for my uses at least. I don't do anything other than use it for music. Rooting a phone is completely different and something I do to all my phones but the UI of the ZX1 is already at a point where I don't see much gains from rooting.

Jun 20, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #5,715 of 7,711
rooting for would be for V4A, other than that pointless IMHO for this device.

I agree. Has anyone rooted their player yet? From what I've read the V4A (Viper for Android) furnishes superior sound to the Cowon BBE variant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back