Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Jun 20, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #5,716 of 7,711
rooting for would be for V4A, other than that pointless IMHO for this device.

Not entirely. For me, it would be handy to have Automagic Premium initiate a complete shutdown of my ZX1 if battery falls below 50% due to my vehicle not being driven for the week. Much better than allowing the battery to be completely discharged.

"If it sounds good to you, that's all that matters. " - Artstar

Jun 20, 2014 at 5:05 AM Post #5,718 of 7,711
Why is this unit so hard to get hold off?

Amazon, who I've ordered with, have now just amended delivery usually between 1 & 3 months!

Sony UK don't have any either.

It seems like Sony did not expect this unit to sell so well, therefore the forecast to the vendors and the raw materials were for a much lower demand. Some raw materials have pretty long leadtimes therefore they are unable to churn out enough units to meet the demand. My guess only though cos I'm also in the electronics manufacturing line and usually this is the case.

Jun 20, 2014 at 5:07 AM Post #5,719 of 7,711
BTW, I just updated Ver 1.11 OTA, I did an system update check and found this available, as for what is changed, etc, I'm not sure. Will take a screen shot of the changes if possible and post here tonight.

Jun 20, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #5,721 of 7,711
Why is this unit so hard to get hold off?

Amazon, who I've ordered with, have now just amended delivery usually between 1 & 3 months!

Sony UK don't have any either.

Sony DE seems to be able to ship within 24 hours. Don't know if you're in Europe, but they ship to continental addresses in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Finland, France, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Ireland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and United Kingdom. Not to islands, for some reason. Maybe Sony can't swim?

PriceJapan mentions no delivery time but I suspect you could have it in a few days. You can always mail them to be sure (in which case don't forget to ask them to mark down the value...). I got it in three or four days back in February.

Jun 20, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #5,722 of 7,711
Hi thanks for that, I'm going to hold out now for Amazon, as I have spoken to Sony UK who advise stock due in on the 7th July, so hopefully Amazon will have them around the same time. I am in UK.

Is this pricejapan pretty trustworthy then? Just seem a little fake to me, with the way they sort of push you to pay via bank transfer, and credit card through Paypal which they then point out an extra 3.5% charge. Bank transfer is very risky IMO.

Jun 20, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #5,723 of 7,711
I have ordered through PJ twice now and have absolutely no complaints. They are very responsive, they ship fast and the fact that they are willing to mark down the value saves quite a bit on import taxes. I prefer paying by credit card for items like these because of the extra warranty it provides and for the same reason have absolutely no problem with the additional charge. Admittedly I have no experience with product warranty through PJ, but I have no reason to doubt that they will honor their policies.

Jun 20, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #5,724 of 7,711
Is this pricejapan pretty trustworthy then? Just seem a little fake to me, with the way they sort of push you to pay via bank transfer, and credit card through Paypal which they then point out an extra 3.5% charge. Bank transfer is very risky IMO.

My personal experience buying from PriceJapan is 100% A+. They are very professional and communicate well via email. Fast too, provided they have the item in-stock, and if they don't they tell you when it will be shipped.

Bank Transfers are actually the safest form of money transfer. There's a record kept by the banks for every step the transfer. Fraud is easily prevented because only you communicate to your Bank, no other persons/companies can initiate a transfer from your Bank but you. Plus, at least for my bank, NO FEES.
wink.gif

Jun 20, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #5,727 of 7,711

Price-Japan is completely trustworthy and offer a first rate service, many have used their services without a hint of a problem.

the 3.5% they charge is for Paypal fees (international exchange pound>dollar>yen)... unless you'd prefer to 'gift' them the money, they're actually protecting your purchase by charging you it.

Jun 20, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #5,728 of 7,711
Hi thanks for that, I'm going to hold out now for Amazon, as I have spoken to Sony UK who advise stock due in on the 7th July, so hopefully Amazon will have them around the same time. I am in UK.

Yeah, they're not dodgy. Wouldn't trust them with my bank account details, at least with paypal you've covered. They undervalue the zx1, was valued at around £73 I think. So no big hit at customs. 

So for me it was £456.21 via paypal and just over £30 with parcelforce. 

Jun 20, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #5,729 of 7,711

Yeah, they're not dodgy. Wouldn't trust them with my bank account details, at least with paypal you've covered. 

I don't think you understand 'Bank Transfers'? You do not provide your Banking info to Price Japan, or anybody else you want to transfer your money to. They give you their Banking info only. Your Bank then transmits electronically to their account not visa versa. Your Banking info is never compromised. Bank Transfers are one of the safest forms of money transfers (payments) possible.

Jun 20, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #5,730 of 7,711

I don't think you understand 'Bank Transfers'? You do not provide your Banking info to Price Japan, or anybody else you want to transfer your money to. They give you their Banking info only. Your Bank then transmits electronically to their account not visa versa. Your Banking info is never compromised. Bank Transfers are one of the safest forms of money transfers (payments) possible.

Sorry, wasn't really thinking that through properly when I wrote it. Don't carry out that many bank transfers either.
redface.gif
 When I ordered from price japan I thought that if anything went wrong, then what sort of protection would I have?  Was advised against it as well. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back