Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Apr 12, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #4,756 of 7,711
I use WIMP Streaming because they make Streaming possible in HiFi Sound, so due to the Android 4.1 on the Sony, it will be no Problem to use this or any other Streaming providor, the only question left is ,can you download the Music for offline listening just like you can do with a Smartphone and or tablet?

Apr 12, 2014 at 5:29 AM Post #4,757 of 7,711
AHH  good, the ZX1 seems to be may be the perfect source for my HUGO.    My last limitation:  the internal 128 Gb capacity. :mad:   I have +200 Gb of Music !

[COLOR=FF0000]--> is there a way to access files stored on a portable WiFi HD ?[/COLOR]   Like iDevices can play their files stored on a  Seagate Wireless Plus 1TB hard drive ?

I am not sure about that as I have never tried. But as long as it works on other android devices, it should work with the ZX1.

Apr 12, 2014 at 5:31 AM Post #4,758 of 7,711
  Sorry for misunderstanding your question.  I think the DAC choice is still a mystery - even if a player was opened it would be unlikely to have any markings.

Id hope that sony will make it a bit more then the standard 20-40k I mean for a flagship player with dedicated DAC they should really do good - and to be hnest so far i cant really complain from sony music equipment

Will be useful if someone provides a spectrum tho - I`d personally do it as soon as i get one but that will take like a month since its out of stock in the uk

Apr 12, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #4,759 of 7,711
*Yeah you can use any app that is available on playstore (I use spotify)
*I will try the Wifi HD as im using a Wifi Seagate as the one on the picture but there is reason why it shoouldnt work

Apr 12, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #4,760 of 7,711
  *I will try the Wifi HD as im using a Wifi Seagate as the one on the picture but there is reason why it shoouldnt work

Aquin,I'm very interested to hear your results: IF it works, then this solve the last big problem that we have with the ZX1.  

Of course, it will be interesting to also test if the whole library ( files IN the ZX1 and files on the Wifi HD) is seen as ONE library:  for example, can a playlist can includes files IN the ZX1 AND files on the Wifi HD

please keep us posted...

thanks in advance

Apr 12, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #4,762 of 7,711
Someone mentioned an update for the ZX1. Where does this information come from and what is to expect from this update?

I would love some more informations on this, if anyone has them.

Thanks
Ilkyway

Apr 12, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #4,763 of 7,711
Any comparison between ZX1, X5 and DX90
popcorn.gif

Apr 12, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #4,765 of 7,711
I have a zx1 and an x5. I honestly struggle to tell them apart. The X5 has a more powerful amp, but that worries me not since the zx1 drives my iems with ease.

The X5 is obviously more feature rich, but i'm currently using the zx1 more because of Android and my Google Play All Access subcription.

Apr 13, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #4,767 of 7,711
  Does anyone know if these cases can be ordered outside of Japan?

http://www.ray-out.co.jp/products/szx1c4/

Is this what you're looking for ? :wink:
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/bigstar/item/230-935369/

Btw , there are now 2 more case designs for ZX1 on rakuten
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/bigstar/item/230-935406

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/bigstar/item/230-935437

Apr 13, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #4,769 of 7,711
I have a zx1 and an x5. I honestly struggle to tell them apart. The X5 has a more powerful amp, but that worries me not since the zx1 drives my iems with ease.

The X5 is obviously more feature rich, but i'm currently using the zx1 more because of Android and my Google Play All Access subcription.

I've ordered the X5 and would like to try either the AK120 or ZX1, but I am concerned about the volume issue. I will be using sensitive iem's but I have lots of classical recordings that have very soft passages, I do listen in noisy areas, and I do like loud music. Is there any gain control option in the native sony app? Have you tried viper4android?How would you compare the sony volume to say an iPhone or galaxy? Sorry to fire off so many questions but any advice/impressions would be much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back