Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Apr 11, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #4,741 of 7,711
  Ok so after reading quit a bit about the zx1 i decided its the device for me. However there seem to be 2 questions i cant find the answer to. 

First - ok everyone is saying it is a bit low on volume - thats fine for me i dont listen to music loud i just want it defined - however has anyone tested it with mdr-1r since they are 24 ohm how loud is it on that ? And in general what do people mean by not loud - i.e. not jumping over your head (which i dont want anyhow) or being hard to hear it on the bus ?

Second a lot of people are saying there is a circuit problem with the battery ? is that still the case or they fixed it ?

Regards

There is no problem with the battery or the whole unit intotality.
Is was an April Fools joke.

Apr 11, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #4,742 of 7,711
Well to give you an idea on that, i bought the zx1 from HongKong airport just about 5 hours ago. I didnt have alot of time to try it but the first thing i noticed is the sound stage and volume difference when i compare it to my studio Anniversary.

I listeden to the same Song a couple of times with my ie800 s. And the sound stage of the studio is much more wider then zx1 nut Besides that what really shocked me is the volume being too low. And for any one owned a studio. The volume is 23-24 is the same as zx1 and i Listen at 25-26 range. So that was a downpoint for me.

I was in the market looking for an Android Dap, prefer ably other than ibasso as its more expensive and the soft are has problems and also The size. I thought this was the correct Dap that i was looking for for along time but so far, im not impressed.

I will try different Songs and different type of Files Tonight. I will let you guys know what i think as im really biased on loving this thing.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry for the ****ty writing mistakes as im Mobile on a cab at the moment

would love to hear your comparison between studio v and zx1 cos i'm currently using studio v and the urge to get zx1 is getting harder to suppress!!! :p

Apr 11, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #4,745 of 7,711
Ok maybe a noob question but never the less.

So i have been searching for all possible specifications available and what i found on the sony Japan website was probably a mistake but just to be sure.

So all good for the player being capable of hi-res files (i.e. 24bit 192khz) now on the Japan website it said audio output 10-44khz - well hmmmm strange so just to lerify the hardware in the ZX1 is capable of high res right ? its not them just making software which can play the songs ?

Regards

Apr 11, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #4,746 of 7,711
Hey my friends, listen to some good music all day long :  http://www.customchannels.net/streaming/mcintosh/      

But...  Let me know you can also stream this on the ZX1 like from a PC/Mac ?  And the streaming quality you get through the ZX1 ...

Apr 11, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #4,747 of 7,711
Ok maybe a noob question but never the less.

So i have been searching for all possible specifications available and what i found on the sony Japan website was probably a mistake but just to be sure.

So all good for the player being capable of hi-res files (i.e. 24bit 192khz) now on the Japan website it said audio output 10-44khz - well hmmmm strange so just to lerify the hardware in the ZX1 is capable of high res right ? its not them just making software which can play the songs ?

Regards

I think one figure is the sample rate, the other is the frequency output range.

Apr 11, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #4,748 of 7,711
  I think one figure is the sample rate, the other is the frequency output range.

Well yes i mean if the output (or any of the additional equipment i.e. cable plug headphones them self) are physically not capable of transmitting a signal of the given frequency band it the whole thing is pointless. Thats why I`m asking - i have the cable and headphones covered tsted them actually after i bought them and I`m using Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD which does 90KHz output on 110 ohm impedance. Now is the player capable of that ?

Apr 11, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #4,749 of 7,711
  Well yes i mean if the output (or any of the additional equipment i.e. cable plug headphones them self) are physically not capable of transmitting a signal of the given frequency band it the whole thing is pointless. Thats why I`m asking - i have the cable and headphones covered tsted them actually after i bought them and I`m using Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD which does 90KHz output on 110 ohm impedance. Now is the player capable of that ?

I think:

192 kHz = 192,000 samples per second - this is the sampling rate
10-44khz = frequency range - the range of sound that can be reproduced

Apr 11, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #4,750 of 7,711
  I think:

192 kHz = 192,000 samples per second - this is the sampling rate
10-44khz = frequency range - the range of sound that can be reproduced

Yup exactly sorry its my fault i think i didnt ask the question in the correct manner the first time around

So let me rephrase it - does anyone know what the freq response of the layer is ? since I`m searching for something that covers 5-90khz ish 

Apr 11, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #4,751 of 7,711
  Yup exactly sorry its my fault i think i didnt ask the question in the correct manner the first time around

So let me rephrase it - does anyone know what the freq response of the layer is ? since I`m searching for something that covers 5-90khz ish 

Sorry for misunderstanding your question.  I think the DAC choice is still a mystery - even if a player was opened it would be unlikely to have any markings.

Apr 11, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #4,752 of 7,711
Hi there,

I'm just have a problem with Google Music on this device and am wondering if anyone else has found the same thing.

I have an All Access subscription and my idea was to just pin all of the music I wanted onto the device and listen to it in offline mode most of the time. However I am finding that the pinned music will randomly be deleted off the device and the downloads start all over again. Not good when you find yourself in an area without wifi and suddenly have no tunes.

I have found that the music will be deleted at random times when downloading and also every time the player is plugged into the computer.

I've found a small discussion of the topic on the XDA forums here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-nexus/help/google-music-bug-pinned-music-disappears-t1565946

This basically makes my idea of using this as a player for Google Music useless (The idea was that the subscription would allow me not to have to actually buy future albums, but have access to them via the subscription). and I am having to manually load the music onto the player via the Media Go software instead (not a bad option, but means I will have to actually buy all the albums I want instead of using the All Access Subscription that I had planned).

Wondering if anyone else has this problem? Or if anyone knows of any workarounds?

Thanks,
Paul

Apr 12, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #4,753 of 7,711
Can someone confirm that it is possible on a ZX1 to load streaming application like you will do it on an Android Phone ( Qobuz, McIntosh, webradios...) to listen on-line music ? 

Can you even use download site to buy music ? 

Thanks 

Apr 12, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #4,754 of 7,711
Can someone confirm that it is possible on a ZX1 to load streaming application like you will do it on an Android Phone ( Qobuz, McIntosh, webradios...) to listen on-line music ? 

Can you even use download site to buy music ? 

Thanks 

Yes you can. Just download it from the Play store. As long as you can download it from the play store. You're good. :) hope it helps.

Apr 12, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #4,755 of 7,711
Yes you can. Just download it from the Play store. As long as you can download it from the play store. You're good.
smily_headphones1.gif
hope it helps.

AHH  good, the ZX1 seems to be may be the perfect source for my HUGO.    My last limitation:  the internal 128 Gb capacity. 
mad.gif
  I have +200 Gb of Music !

--> is there a way to access files stored on a portable WiFi HD ?   Like iDevices can play their files stored on a  Seagate Wireless Plus 1TB hard drive ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back