Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Dec 14, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #1,861 of 7,711
Can anyone comment on the playlist? Does it have a on-the-go playlist feature??

Dec 14, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #1,863 of 7,711
Wow so fast In between 7 days you want sell it

For me I love my ZX 1 more and more , I do not want sell my ZX 1

biggrin.gif

I can fully understand Turoks decision though I am loving the ZX1... there are subtle differences between the F887 & ZX1 and after talking to Fortis on the blower think I made an error by listening to a 'live' album for a quick comparison.

The ZX1 has a bit more on top and a tad deeper bass, the mids are subtly more detailed (more refined?)... these differences are small and hard to notice off the bat but with certain genres they're noticeable, I'm missing my WM-Z a bit less now... Teddy Pendergrass 'Whole Town's Laughing At Me' is awesomely good, the intro got replayed god knows how many times... loving this DAP fore sure, the tactile buttons are masterclass.

Turok give it a bit of time mate.

Dec 14, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #1,864 of 7,711
Dec 14, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #1,865 of 7,711

I can fully understand Turoks decision though I am loving the ZX1... there are subtle differences between the F887 & ZX1 and after talking to Fortis on the blower think I made an error by listening to a 'live' album for a quick comparison.

The ZX1 has a bit more on top and a tad deeper bass, the mids are subtly more detailed (more refined?)... these differences are small and hard to notice off the bat but with certain genres they're noticeable, I'm missing my WM-Z a bit less now... Teddy Pendergrass 'Whole Town's Laughing At Me' is awesomely good, the intro got replayed god knows how many times... loving this DAP fore sure, the tactile buttons are masterclass.

Turok give it a bit of time mate.

Loving this DAP as well. Masterclass is a great description of the buttons. I will never go back to buttonless. And being able to ID each button solely based on feel is great.

Dec 14, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #1,867 of 7,711
don't listen to The Doors on the ZX1, it'll ruin you for life... completely flat with nothing boosted using RB-lossless I can only describe it as the best pairing with my IEM's I have ever experienced, the detail on this thing is pretty fantastic, the bass is awesome.... I feel a rush of getting me some SACD's coming on.

Dec 14, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #1,869 of 7,711

ZX1 with 334 is great pairing especailly for my Anisong.
Bass is the best upgrade.
mid/high are improved for 334.
vocal is not changed much.
The instrumental seperation is good than my previous Z1070 merlin ver.

I'm loving this DAP.

Dec 14, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #1,870 of 7,711
ZX1 with 334 is great pairing especailly for my Anisong.
Bass is the best upgrade.
mid/high are improved for 334.
vocal is not changed much.
The instrumental seperation is good than my previous Z1070 merlin ver.

I'm loving this DAP.

Thanks !..That helps. 
By bass upgrade what exactly do you mean? Is it more quantity or better quality and tightness or both?

Dec 14, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #1,871 of 7,711
  Thanks !..That helps. 
By bass upgrade what exactly do you mean? Is it more quantity or better quality and tightness or both?

over the WM-Z I would say both, it goes a tad deeper than the F887... it's going to be fun with the PHA-2 using h/o.

I may let my finger stray to the clear-bass soon (a first) and max it... I feel a Led Zep 'live' moment coming on.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 14, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #1,872 of 7,711

over the WM-Z I would say both, it goes a tad deeper than the F887... it's going to be fun with the PHA-2 using h/o.

I may let my finger stray to the clear-bass soon (a first) and max it... I feel a Led Zep 'live' moment coming on.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sounds good !  Im not sure that I might go as far as getting the PHA-2 . Ive always yearned for that perfect-delicious-compact-sub1k-single player that meets all my needs for survival..
biggrin.gif

Dec 14, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #1,873 of 7,711
I want share my experience WM ZX 1 pair with HPA 2 use hi res USB cable stock

The connection after you turn on the HPA 2 , sometimes is not properly lock it to WM ZX 1

Please don't turn and off so often , it is still can not look it

The way to lock it like follow :

You must turn off your WM ZX1 and turn on again

After that

Turn your PHA 2 on

Enjoy your music

Rudi,

Have you tried the new Walkman with your HiFi-M8 yet?  I believe the Sony adapter cable you have plus the USB cable included with the M8 should make the connection?

Dec 14, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #1,874 of 7,711
  Ive always yearned for that perfect-delicious-compact-sub1k-single player that meets all my needs for survival..
biggrin.gif

I used to have one of those Sony Walkman Professional (Cassette) but they keep changing the formats...
confused_face.gif

I got the PHA-2 on a whim as I thought I'd try out playing music from my pc... I've had a few amps & now the PHA-2 but I figure for 95% of the time I'll just use the ZX1 on it's own like I did with Z1070.

Dec 14, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #1,875 of 7,711

I used to have one of those Sony Walkman Professional (Cassette) but they keep changing the formats...
confused_face.gif

I got the PHA-2 on a whim as I thought I'd try out playing music from my pc... I've had a few amps & now the PHA-2 but I figure for 95% of the time I'll just use the ZX1 on it's own like I did with Z1070.

I'm really looking forward to hearing how this combo sounds:

wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back