Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Feb 20, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #6,736 of 7,711
^^ Sony needs to bring their prices down. People are finding alternatives for the same product they sell.
Sony is reputable in every way, but a giant needs to come down at some point before going back up again.

Feb 20, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #6,737 of 7,711
So much disdain for our ZX-1 over at the ZX-2 thread. I enjoy my ZX-1. And my A10.

Sorry about that, but I'm glad you are happy with yours.

Nothing personal. Just holding Sony to account for (IMO) selling their customers short, and then having the cheek to expect them to shell out more than $400 more, just to obtain what the ZX1 should always have been.

Feb 20, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #6,738 of 7,711

Sorry about that, but I'm glad you are happy with yours.

Nothing personal. Just holding Sony to account for (IMO) selling their customers short, and then having the cheek to expect them to shell out more than $400 more, just to obtain what the ZX1 should always have been.

Good point. Listening though is up to each one of us and the joy there also. I always thought that the AK100 was a goof and then AK brought out stuff costing much more. And so it goes. I think that some of the Chinese companies, though the UI isn't always the greatest, offer the most and in my impression, try the hardest. 

Feb 21, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #6,739 of 7,711
  Good point. Listening though is up to each one of us and the joy there also. I always thought that the AK100 was a goof and then AK brought out stuff costing much more. And so it goes. I think that some of the Chinese companies, though the UI isn't always the greatest, offer the most and in my impression, try the hardest. 

That's one of the reason I love FiiO though I ended up selling the X5 due to size and horrid UI.  Still it offers a really great sound for the money.  Please don't start with AK.  They are to blame for all the price hike on portable gears.  Heck even JH Audio decided to join AK and now sell their Layla for over 2.5k.  I heard the custom Layla will be priced at 3k.  Do you still think highly of the DX100 as you once was?

Feb 24, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #6,742 of 7,711
Even though I've picked up the ZX2, I've decided to keep my ZX1. I think I'm going to use it as a dedicated source for my speaker dock. Just need to get one of those analog-out adapter cables first...

Feb 24, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #6,743 of 7,711
I recently decided to give the 30 day free trial of Sony Music Unlimited a try. After the latest update, I noticed in the "What's new" section that "3.29 this device will stop supporting Music Unlimited." That's a crappy way to treat customers that dropped a lot of cash on the ZX1, it's not a very old device (although it is running an old version of Android). Mayhaps it will get updated to the 4.2 of the ZX2, as I suspect it's Android 4.1 that Music Unlimited will be dropping support for. 

Feb 24, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #6,744 of 7,711
  I recently decided to give the 30 day free trial of Sony Music Unlimited a try. After the latest update, I noticed in the "What's new" section that "3.29 this device will stop supporting Music Unlimited." That's a crappy way to treat customers that dropped a lot of cash on the ZX1, it's not a very old device (although it is running an old version of Android). Mayhaps it will get updated to the 4.2 of the ZX2, as I suspect it's Android 4.1 that Music Unlimited will be dropping support for. 

Sony is stopping MU altogether from what I understand.

Spotify will take over on the playstations for in music gaming after March i believe.

Feb 24, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #6,745 of 7,711
Had the ZX1 for a brief period and tested it with A17 with EX1000(which I consider better than every iem Sony released except A3 & Z7 - not heard these yet). A17 showed power in driving the EX1000 and the sound was so fluid. Want to give ZX2 a try but it's insane to pay $1000 in this day and age for mp3 technology!

Does the ZX1 have better sound quality than the A10?

Feb 24, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #6,747 of 7,711
Had the ZX1 for a brief period and tested it with A17 with EX1000(which I consider better than every iem Sony released except A3 & Z7 - not heard these yet). A17 showed power in driving the EX1000 and the sound was so fluid. Want to give ZX2 a try but it's insane to pay $1000 in this day and age for mp3 technology!

So you liked the A10 more than your ZX1?

Feb 24, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #6,748 of 7,711

Lol if you pay for MP3 songs then just forget it....the ZX2 is a portable Highresolution music device....I mean to use it with your collection from home stereo discs...be it vynil, cd, sacd, dvd, bluray....rip it....pour it in.

If you don't have those...it is meaningless

Feb 24, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #6,749 of 7,711
Borrowed the Zx1 from a friend, moreover A17 has more storage.

So you liked the A10 more than your ZX1?

I was around when mp3 just launched and
saw the hype. And now i'm seeing the same hype for high-res as you stated. Just saying!
Lol if you pay for MP3 songs then just forget it....the ZX2 is a portable Highresolution music device....I mean to use it with your collection from home stereo discs...be it vynil, cd, sacd, dvd, bluray....rip it....pour it in.

If you don't have those...it is meaningless

Feb 24, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #6,750 of 7,711
Borrowed the Zx1 from a friend, moreover A17 has more storage.
I was around when mp3 just launched and
saw the hype. And now i'm seeing the same hype for high-res as you stated. Just saying!

Or in other words, beware the emperors new clothes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back