Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Apr 23, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #4,906 of 7,711
  Here is the way to increase the ZX1's output power
1. Make sure the xLoud & Clear Phase was checked in the sound setting
2. Lower down the volume
3. Go to Setting / Apps / ALL / Sound enhancements / then push "Disable" 
4. Enjoy!

After disable the Sound enhancements, EQ won't work anymore.
You have to restart the ZX1 to make it work again.

What does X Loud and clearphase do to the sound? 

Apr 23, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #4,907 of 7,711
I think those two options only apply to the external speaker.

Apr 23, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #4,908 of 7,711
<sigh> FINALLY my UK ZX1 arrived today after over a months delay 
angry_face.gif

Anyway, just charging after an initial listen. Woohoo, happy days 
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #4,911 of 7,711
Are you sure? Both setting are for "Built in Speaker" only.

Bother to take a look at the manual? It even have the description in the setting.

The point is disable the Sound enhancements App.It's a software running in the background.
X Loud and Clearphase must be checked to make it work.
Just try it, won't hurt the ZX1.
Don't like it, restart the ZX1.

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #4,912 of 7,711
So, for an item that's not “available” (officially) in the U.S. market the ZX1 arrived faster than anything I've ever ordered off Amazon. I ordered the ZX1 Sunday night (the 20th) and it arrived Tuesday morning (the 22nd). It was fulfilled by Amazon and had to come from a nearby facility.

I bought the ZX1 to dispel “the myth” that it's all-that-and-a-bag-of-chips. I planned to check it out for 30 days and ship it back.

I started out with a little Brian McKnight (Just Lemme Know) to test the sub-bass descent. The Sony stock player (with Clear Audio +) doesn't go as deep (or have the bass weight) of the Note 3 (with V4A and Poweramp). The ZX1 doesn't have the crisp highs, height, and soundstage depth either. I was quickly ready to poopoo. Then I restarted the song because something sounded different. Oh yeah, it was the dynamic range of individually struck piano keys (that reminded me of the stereo). I picked up on more of these little clues in various other songs. Oddly enough, I got the biggest differentiation by letting a song play that I hadn't planned on comparing. It was Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough (by Michael Jackson). The projection and clarity of instruments (panned right and left) was quite noticeable (and with black space between them and the center) . I don't know what knob I can turn to get the Note 3 to do that.

It's still early yet (and there are a few shortcomings), but I'm pleasantly surprised by the pairing of the ZX1 and SE846.

Apr 23, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #4,916 of 7,711
  Back in stock on the UK store   
bigsmile_face.gif
     20% off voucher has long since expired  
confused_face.gif

Based on the information given to those of us waiting over a month, I'd hazard a guess they have very few in stock!

Apr 23, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #4,918 of 7,711
Nah when I checked about 6 o'clock it was definitely going to let me proceed all the way with the order and was quoting 19th May for delivery.  I've just tried it again and now it won't let me.  They definitely had some earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back