Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Feb 20, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #3,811 of 7,711
Yup, that's what I did. No problem whatsoever in the process. I will continue to look to PJ if I ever want to order any obscure Japanese gear that doesn't get released here...

Unfortunately that happens all too often. On another note I think I'm about to buy the zx1 again. I've been slumming it for too long with my phone and the x3 :)

Feb 20, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #3,812 of 7,711
I did check the spec and saw no mention of flac playback, hence my question. Are these available in the UK yet?

Which spec sheet were you looking at? A Google search of "Sony ZX1 specifications" will give you several hits.

As for your question of availability in the UK, it has been mentioned several times in here, particularly the last few pages.

Anyway, I'm just disappointed that Sony don't include ATRAC support for their Walkmans outside of Japan these days. I still have a lot of ATRAC material which I simply don't want to bloat to FLAC if I can avoid it.

"If it sounds good to you, that's all that matters. " - Artstar

Feb 20, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #3,813 of 7,711
AndrewH13: thank you for the tip, buying the "little" brother, but 128 GB is kind of the interesting part of it. I'd like to have my complete Pratchett, the best of Talkien some Adams and all the stuff that I am curently listening to to have on there. 
If that sound ridiculous to you, pleas bear in mind, that you guys cant listen to all that music you can store on this dives in one go either and I like to have the right books for every mood with me (I suspect thats the same for you with music?)

Long story short: 128 GB is just about a good amount of space.

OK-Guy: I am sorry, but as I said, I don't get much of the technical talk. Is your suggestion, that it might not be volume-caped at all or that I am only to use it in a certain way or that I should forget about the EU one and by from brice-japan? The problem with the volum is: if you are somerwere noisy sometimes you have to turn it up (quite hight in times) to understand.

In price, I think it is the same in EU or via price-japan. There you have to include shipping and taxes, so it might come to the same. It is 698,99 Euro in Germany. 

What about the garantie if one buys from price-japan? Has anybody experiences with that?

Thanks a lot for not laughing at me so far :wink:

Ilkyway

Feb 20, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #3,815 of 7,711
Feb 20, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #3,818 of 7,711
Anyway, I'm just disappointed that Sony don't include ATRAC support for their Walkmans outside of Japan these days. I still have a lot of ATRAC material which I simply don't want to bloat to FLAC if I can avoid it.

the European version of the ZX1 supports Atrac... so does the Japanese ZX1, hth.

OK-Guy: I am sorry, but as I said, I don't get much of the technical talk. Is your suggestion, that it might not be volume-caped at all or that I am only to use it in a certain way or that I should forget about the EU one and by from brice-japan? The problem with the volum is: if you are somerwere noisy sometimes you have to turn it up (quite hight in times) to understand.

In price, I think it is the same in EU or via price-japan. There you have to include shipping and taxes, so it might come to the same. It is 698,99 Euro in Germany. 

What about the garantie if one buys from price-japan? Has anybody experiences with that?

Thanks a lot for not laughing at me so far :wink:

Ilkyway

I bought mine from Price-Japan to ensure my ZX1 would not be limited by the Euro-Cap... I still do not know if the Euro ZX1 will be Euro-capped, Sony UK have not got a clue so no point asking them, we will just have to wait until it has been released to find out.

Feb 20, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #3,819 of 7,711
Unfortunately that happens all too often. On another note I think I'm about to buy the zx1 again. I've been slumming it for too long with my phone and the x3
smily_headphones1.gif

Tell me about it... Sometimes I catch myself thinking about picking up the 887 just to have a baby brother to the ZX1 (or to wean the wife off her Nano and have her see what a truly nice sounding DAP is like)! 

It's such a shame you have to re-purchase. I bet the punk who pinched your ZX1 doesn't have the faintest idea what it is... 

Feb 20, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #3,822 of 7,711
Tell me about it... Sometimes I catch myself thinking about picking up the 887 just to have a baby brother to the ZX1 (or to wean the wife off her Nano and have her see what a truly nice sounding DAP is like)! 

It's such a shame you have to re-purchase. I bet the punk who pinched your ZX1 doesn't have the faintest idea what it is... 

They probably can't find it on the Sony USA website lol. Things happen so whatever I'm over it. I think once my last paycheck from my previous employer comes (if it ever comes at this rate) I'll put the order in with price Japan

Feb 21, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #3,823 of 7,711
the European version of the ZX1 supports Atrac... so does the Japanese ZX1, hth.

Are you sure UK version will support ATRAC? I can't imagine it would. None of the recent Sony devices released in UK have. It was one of the main reasons I ordered from Price Japan.

I think what Hifi just initially reviewed a prototype import and didn't update the specs when reviewing the UK version.

http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/hd-walkman-digital-music-players/nwz-zx1/specifications

If proven wrong, I could have waited for uk version.

Feb 21, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #3,825 of 7,711

the European version of the ZX1 supports Atrac... so does the Japanese ZX1

I know the Japanese one does. That's why I said all units outside Japan. I don't believe you're right about ATRAC support outside of Japan.

While I stand to be corrected about the European model, I see no mention of ATRAC on the Sony UK website, as is the case with the F80x series too.

"If it sounds good to you, that's all that matters. " - Artstar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back