Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Oct 24, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #1,891 of 2,024
Oct 24, 2013 at 7:36 AM Post #1,894 of 2,024
  I know it's a pretty tiring job. Do tell me when you get ADB running.

The odd thing is that my F is connected and work fine in Win 7 (either in media mode or storage mode) with no "unknown device" from the device manager.  However, it is not showing in the device list either so I can't change the drivers to the ones from ADB.  This is why when I run ADB Devices in cmd the list is empty, so I have to type everything in 4 point fonts in ConnectBot...  I am planning to install Ubuntu to my m11x for a fresh start, then follow the instructions before and get the CWM source for the recompile.  I hope I did my p5 dump correctly, as it is require for the build.

Oct 24, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #1,895 of 2,024
  The odd thing is that my F is connected and work fine in Win 7 (either in media mode or storage mode) with no "unknown device" from the device manager.  However, it is not showing in the device list either so I can't change the drivers to the ones from ADB.  This is why when I run ADB Devices in cmd the list is empty, so I have to type everything in 4 point fonts in ConnectBot...  I am planning to install Ubuntu to my m11x for a fresh start, then follow the instructions before and get the CWM source for the recompile.  I hope I did my p5 dump correctly, as it is require for the build.

Okay, first install the program with which you acquired root. Connect to that. The appropriate drivers will get installed and then give ADB a shot.

Oct 24, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #1,896 of 2,024
  Okay, first install the program with which you acquired root. Connect to that. The appropriate drivers will get installed and then give ADB a shot.

I will try that, as I still have that one button root thing installed.

Oct 31, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #1,901 of 2,024
  Does this player offer gapless playback?

Anyone heard new info on the upcoming S Series?  Release date?  Will it be released in the US?

I have the F807 and it plays back FLAC gaplessly no problem,in fact i just got done listening to Chemical Brothers 'Surrender' which in 320kbps mp3 has very noticeable gaps between the tracks but in FLAC plays seamlessly. as for the S series ever coming out in the U.S. unfortunately,I doubt it .which is a shame as it would be nice to have a player the same size as the E series which offers 32gb and comes with bluetooth,

the reason I say I doubt they will ever release the S series here is because I just got off the phone with Sony Customer service because I wanted to inquire as to whether or not they would be releasing the new F880 series in the U.S. and after 10 minutes of waiting time I was told there were no new mp3 players coming out on their latest updated lists.I also asked if my Japanese Sony Walkman (the NW-F807) ever ran into any issues down the line if I could get it repaired at a Sony Store here in the United States to which she stated Yes,though it would be a fee based repair (which I had guessed as Sony only cover their warranties for products bought in the 50 states,or so I was told).

Still I am baffled as to why Sony would discontinue the F800 series here if they have no plans to pick up the F880 in the near future,so I am hoping that changes in the next few months.the more I see how great the Japanese have it in the DAP, PMP, Headphone and Amp market (not to mention how advanced they are in every other respect technologically) the more I think it's time for me to learn the language and buy a one way ticket
o2smile.gif

as far as finding an S series Walkman I see them on Ebay but for the prices they charge you'd be better off just buying an F886 or F887.(unless you want the smaller size player). if You can live with 16gb and without bluetooth then the E series Walkman's sound phenomenal especially for the price.I own two of them and use them frequently,while I wish they had more storage it is nice to have such a small player that offers such amazing sound.

Nov 13, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #1,903 of 2,024
Can someone try the new CyanogenMod Installer for me with their F?  I just moved and won't have my own WiFi until next week.  Thanks.

Nov 13, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #1,904 of 2,024
  Can someone try the new CyanogenMod Installer for me with their F?  I just moved and won't have my own WiFi until next week.  Thanks.

App not compatible with your device. Plus, the ROM is only available for a bunch of devices. No mention of Walkmans on the wikipedia page.
You'll also need an unlocked bootloader for installing ROMs.

Nov 13, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #1,905 of 2,024
  App not compatible with your device. Plus, the ROM is only available for a bunch of devices. No mention of Walkmans on the wikipedia page.
You'll also need an unlocked bootloader for installing ROMs.

Same old story then.  My core dump was a dud, and I still don't have time to do it from scratch with Ubuntu...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back