Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Jun 7, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #1,531 of 2,024
Quote:
I can confirm that most of distortions of bass in some tracks are gone after the update. Actually I don't want to replace this device anymore
smily_headphones1.gif
seems that it's nearly perfect taking into account all aspects. Even android is good for the internet radio

Will be updating mine this evening.... I'm at 1.10.something-something.

Jun 7, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #1,532 of 2,024
Quote:
I have the "special" one as well but the we bought it at such better deal.  Still the F807 is near perfect in every categories.  Now wonder how much better is the AK120 to my F807.

I also had the same thought earlier this week, I haven't tried AK100 nor AK120, and I was content with my F.

....so I went for audition, and went home with AK120

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #1,534 of 2,024
Quote:
I also had the same thought earlier this week, I haven't tried AK100 nor AK120, and I was content with my F.

....so I went for audition, and went home with AK120

Tell us more about it.  For $1300, the AK120 better be leap and bound better than the F807.  The F807 & Z1060 weren't too far behind the DX100 in redbook playback.

Jun 7, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #1,536 of 2,024
Quote:
What headphones/earphones are you using?

UE PRM, custom tuning 45-45-45
Quote:

Tell us more about it.  For $1300, the AK120 better be leap and bound better than the F807.  The F807 & Z1060 weren't too far behind the DX100 in redbook playback.

I did tried DX100 (although never had the chance to AB-ing with F), and I didn't feel significant differences.

the Aks (both of them) have massive soundstage and imaging, they also make everything sounds grand. The differences between AK100 and AK120 isn't great, but it's there.

the minus point of the AKs are definitely the UI and the screen though, but that's just because the F is really comfortable

Jun 10, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #1,537 of 2,024
Finally had the time this evening to run the 1.11 update, and with the few tracks I've listened to which have been my standard tests for bass distortion (the ones which would cause it without fail), I'm not hearing it now. I will keep running through tracks where this always used to happen to confirm if it is a definite fix, but it's looking quite good so far. If this issue, which has been probably my biggest complaint with the F, is truly remedied, I will be a far, far happier camper. It would seem that Sony may have even been reading the forums here. 

Jun 10, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #1,538 of 2,024
CN11... I can confirm you thoughts on the bass since the update... they've returned to what they were before the last update but keep the definition, the last update added definition to the bass but took away the depth... looks like they done something in the bass region on both the F & Z.

Purk should be able to confirm both if he's updated.

Jun 10, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #1,539 of 2,024
For me, the distortion was mainly when I used dynamic normalizer along with a notch of Clear Bass. Then if just Clear bass, it was better, but would still occur periodically. And it would take everything flat/disabled for the bass to be totally clean. My main test tracks are #1 and #3 on Radiohead's Amnesiac-- they would always cause the clipping/distortion.... But now after the update, I can utilize DN and a notch of CB without any issues whatsoever, just clean low end. I don't think the tone of the bass has been adjusted (maybe a touch tighter in feel since there is now no distortion). But I'm really, really pleased this issue has been resolved.

Jun 11, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #1,541 of 2,024
Quote:
CN11... I can confirm you thoughts on the bass since the update... they've returned to what they were before the last update but keep the definition, the last update added definition to the bass but took away the depth... looks like they done something in the bass region on both the F & Z.

Purk should be able to confirm both if he's updated.

Can't confirm on the F b/c mine is a grey market unit without a serial number.  Still, I love my F walkman.

Jun 11, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #1,542 of 2,024
Hey guys,

I really like this walkman. But I can only find one without a serial number locally. So.. is anyone helpful enough to point out how much I will be missing? May have to consider again if I'm really missing lots. 

Thank you in advance! 

Jun 11, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #1,543 of 2,024
Quote:
Hey guys,

I really like this walkman. But I can only find one without a serial number locally. So.. is anyone helpful enough to point out how much I will be missing? May have to consider again if I'm really missing lots. 

Thank you in advance! 

You will miss the new Sony stock apps such a line in recording feature.  Sound shouldn't change much if any at all.

Jun 12, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #1,544 of 2,024
Aaah the dreaded "special" edition. I was reading this forum right up till I bought my f8 from Sony a couple of months ago.I feel like I experienced all the highs, lows / expectations and disappointments with everyone here in real time. I forgot half of what I read about the update that pretty much screwed the f800 so when I bought it I rather stupidly jumped in and updated it straight away and immediately regretted it what with the flac files lagging and freezing. Long story short - I read to the end of this thread and found there was yet ANOTHER update that thankfully circumvented my reluctant but committed resolve to press reset. All in all I'm very thankful to all of you people who help others [like me] in the process of monumental decision making. I wouldn't be too upset about not being able to update. When I thought I was stuck with the "bad" update I wished I was where you are at. It's still a great little music player.

Jun 12, 2013 at 6:09 AM Post #1,545 of 2,024
Quote:

You will miss the new Sony stock apps such a line in recording feature.  Sound shouldn't change much if any at all.

Quote:
Aaah the dreaded "special" edition. I was reading this forum right up till I bought my f8 from Sony a couple of months ago.I feel like I experienced all the highs, lows / expectations and disappointments with everyone here in real time. I forgot half of what I read about the update that pretty much screwed the f800 so when I bought it I rather stupidly jumped in and updated it straight away and immediately regretted it what with the flac files lagging and freezing. Long story short - I read to the end of this thread and found there was yet ANOTHER update that thankfully circumvented my reluctant but committed resolve to press reset. All in all I'm very thankful to all of you people who help others [like me] in the process of monumental decision making. I wouldn't be too upset about not being able to update. When I thought I was stuck with the "bad" update I wished I was where you are at. It's still a great little music player.

Thanks guys! Very kind of you two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back