Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Dec 10, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #1,141 of 2,024
I have a white 64GB version and tried the update... Seems like a few here I am getting the error code 11... but then reading through the thread, it seems there's little to be missed other than the playlist on the go - which I don't use. So I'll give the update a miss...

My doctor will be proud... I am normally such a custom ROM addict... But then again, Android has come a long way since the time a new rom meant massive performance improvements! I am in remission!

Dec 10, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #1,142 of 2,024
Quote:
I have a white 64GB version and tried the update... Seems like a few here I am getting the error code 11... but then reading through the thread, it seems there's little to be missed other than the playlist on the go - which I don't use. So I'll give the update a miss...

My doctor will be proud... I am normally such a custom ROM addict... But then again, Android has come a long way since the time a new rom meant massive performance improvements! I am in remission!

I spent three days trying to force a rom onto it...no success.....
But as you said, were are not losing anything , and some are having problems with their update, so...

Dec 10, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #1,143 of 2,024
Since i have my player in the 30 days experience,that closes on 15 december i will return it to sony to exchange for another one with the old firmware. The sound after update is worst than with the old firmware, i don't need playlist neither dlna and the changes in sound enhancements don't convinced me. I contact Sony Portugal and they don't know if Sony will gonna make another firmware update to solve the problems with this one. I'm very disappointed that Sony makes un update that for some players don't work and for others work but with errors.
I noticed that the update is different from country to country (even in europe) exe file has different names and different sizes (Mb). So i wondering if the update i made was the right one as i made it by the player itself and not by a file downloaded in PC and then made the update with the player connected to my PC.
Now i decide that i will not made the update  in my replacement player, until Sony decide to make updates that can be rolled back just in case i don't like it or it just make a malfunction on the player.

I beg pardon for my bad English but i think that all of you understood what i want to say

A Merry Christmas for you all and a Happy New Year

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #1,144 of 2,024
Quote:
Since i have my player in the 30 days experience,that closes on 15 december i will return it to sony to exchange for another one with the old firmware. The sound after update is worst than with the old firmware, i don't need playlist neither dlna and the changes in sound enhancements don't convinced me. I contact Sony Portugal and they don't know if Sony will gonna make another firmware update to solve the problems with this one. I'm very disappointed that Sony makes un update that for some players don't work and for others work but with errors.
I noticed that the update is different from country to country (even in europe) exe file has different names and different sizes (Mb). So i wondering if the update i made was the right one as i made it by the player itself and not by a file downloaded in PC and then made the update with the player connected to my PC.
Now i decide that i will not made the update  in my replacement player, until Sony decide to make updates that can be rolled back just in case i don't like it or it just make a malfunction on the player.

I beg pardon for my bad English but i think that all of you understood what i want to say

A Merry Christmas for you all and a Happy New Year

The program should  automatically detect your region, and in case you downloaded the wrong version, it will not install, as I tried all update versions, and only the Japanese worked (or at least tried to install).

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #1,145 of 2,024
Quote:
The program should  automatically detect your region, and in case you downloaded the wrong version, it will not install, as I tried all update versions, and only the Japanese worked (or at least tried to install).

Hi

So tell me, after do the upgrade in your player are u satisfied with the new changes? Have any kind of error in the stock media player? Did u experienced any issue regardless flac tracks?

Hope to ear from u soon...

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #1,146 of 2,024
Quote:
Hi

So tell me, after do the upgrade in your player are u satisfied with the new changes? Have any kind of error in the stock media player? Did u experienced any issue regardless flac tracks?

Hope to ear from u soon...

No, I was not able to update (go back to page 70 and you will know all the story).....as I have a "Special version"....
beerchug.gif

Dec 10, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #1,148 of 2,024
Quote:
i live in the uk and have a japanese 806 (running english language) and updated via wifi using the normal 'system update' option on the device on the first attempt

Hi

I assume that you have done the update, so tell me did you try to listen to a whole cd in flac format? When i listen a flac cd when i forforwar ou rewind track it has more or less 7 seconds intil track sound appear. Have your player frezzes for sometimes, have you ever receive this message in the stock media player for audio  " error   the application will quit because an error occurred." Well i experienced all this issue after the update and before it never happens.
This player has less bass and with the update even less. I preffere the original sound that one before the update.
Merry Christmas

Dec 10, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #1,149 of 2,024
i believed my version same with Croqui,

after updated
~audio error and quite on stock application
~bass is really "lacking"

not listen to Flac yet, so no sure abt the seconds freezes matter.
updated have better setting interface but i still cannot switch on "surround sound" feature.

I am talking about my unit, i encounter distorded sound on some tracks on treble and bass, and  "thin" feeling  vocal sound,by both sennheiser IE8 and Sony MDR-1R(320kbps mp3 original converted), IE8 suffer more compare 1R.

From other reviews that they are not lacking bass and some cannot update etc shown that might be alot F versions and differ in SQ i suspected.

good day

Dec 11, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #1,153 of 2,024
Quote:
i wonder if sony is selling an actual walkman F casing for it... i wanna replace mine with the color blue haha

You're talking about the shell or a case? They are selling cases for sure but shell, I highly doubt it.

Dec 11, 2012 at 5:28 AM Post #1,154 of 2,024
Communicated through a chat with Sony tech support and they recommend - when the player is turned ON to clamp reset button on the back of the player. Waiting for reboot and try.
After this, a period of 3 hours, the error with the player and switch tracks not noticed
biggrin.gif

Dec 11, 2012 at 6:04 AM Post #1,155 of 2,024
Quote:
Communicated through a chat with Sony tech support and they recommend - when the player is turned ON to clamp reset button on the back of the player. Waiting for reboot and try.
After this, a period of 3 hours, the error with the player and switch tracks not noticed
biggrin.gif

Good news always welcomed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back