Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Dec 6, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #1,096 of 2,024
from what I can grasp:

probably your Fs are either already updated or partially updated because you've got the current kernel version.

don't ask me anything technical because i don't understand either.

my opinion: F is a half-baked product, sound quality is good enough, but there are some minor bugs left, this is one of it.

....Still pissed off by the hissing while the screen is on

Dec 6, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #1,097 of 2,024
So before you were not able to update? but today it worked??

No, first time tried and it worked. I just went into Settings-About-System Update-Check For Update, found the update, and it downloaded over wifi and then rebooted to install. I had plenty of space free on device, and it had about 90% charge. Thought it might force me to connect to charger like Samsung does, but didn't have to in the end.

Just thought I'd post a success story since some of you are having difficulties, in case it might just be a specific scenario causing the problem.

Dec 6, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #1,098 of 2,024
Quote:
No, first time tried and it worked. I just went into Settings-About-System Update-Check For Update, found the update, and it downloaded over wifi and then rebooted to install. I had plenty of space free on device, and it had about 90% charge. Thought it might force me to connect to charger like Samsung does, but didn't have to in the end.
Just thought I'd post a success story since some of you are having difficulties, in case it might just be a specific scenario causing the problem.

Thanks, hope you enjoy it more...
wink.gif

Dec 6, 2012 at 5:49 AM Post #1,100 of 2,024
Quote:
yay mine is... getting an error too LOL but not error 11. it is saying error

....NO....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Thru Wifi or manual?

Dec 6, 2012 at 5:50 AM Post #1,101 of 2,024
now im getting error 11 too HAHAHAHA omg... the firmware update is more shietty than the dx100!

EDIT: i should do OTA update sometime

Dec 6, 2012 at 6:26 AM Post #1,102 of 2,024
Quote:
as the default player is functional, useable, but a little bland (and missing my album art! -- still need to investigate)

ensure your album art is .jpg only and properly embedded in each file. i use itunes for that. tip: the 'get album art' option in itunes does not fully embed it. once you have 'got' the art file, you'll need to copy the album art, hit 'clear downloaded artwork' and then paste the art in.

Dec 6, 2012 at 8:46 AM Post #1,104 of 2,024
Updated. Kernal version 2.6.39.4 release@build06#1

More responsive EQ on board, Adding some new feature like "surround sound" but sadly tried many times still unable to turn it on.

Dec 6, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #1,105 of 2,024
purk & turokrocks--

Perhaps you two (and anyone who has one refusing to run update) should demand Sony send you replacements. I mean seriously, this constitutes a defect no doubt.... Being able to run standard updates is certainly within the normal realm of operation for this device! Make them send you guys updated ones, and upon receipt send them back your current defective units! Maybe that will help motivate Sony to make more reliable product... 

Dec 6, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #1,107 of 2,024
Quote:
As I read on XDA-developers, people with Error Code 11 on their Sony android devices say it is a region error code, can be the case ?

Thank you  for the info...any small tip might lead us to victory!!!
Keep on digging.....

Dec 6, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #1,108 of 2,024
good news... i've updated my F and it is still getting an error LOL

Quote:
purk & turokrocks--

Perhaps you two (and anyone who has one refusing to run update) should demand Sony send you replacements. I mean seriously, this constitutes a defect no doubt.... Being able to run standard updates is certainly within the normal realm of operation for this device! Make them send you guys updated ones, and upon receipt send them back your current defective units! Maybe that will help motivate Sony to make more reliable product... 

they, well, we can demand a replacement for our F series. turokrocks knows what i mean :p

Quote:
As I read on XDA-developers, people with Error Code 11 on their Sony android devices say it is a region error code, can be the case ?

i too hope this is the case. but someone tried using a firmware from Asia Pacific and the firmware can't detect his F, telling him to connect the device...

maybe i should sell this and buy a 32gb red walkman Z instead haha

Dec 6, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #1,109 of 2,024
Quote:
i too hope this is the case. but someone tried using a firmware from Asia Pacific and the firmware can't detect his F, telling him to connect the device...

maybe i should sell this and buy a 32gb red walkman Z instead haha

I'm on holidays so somewhat tied up. Otherwise someone here may want to scan the Japanese forums to see if they have problems with this error code - it really wouldn't surprise me if there was some kind of local region thing going on here. Note that the 64GBs were meant to be for local Japan use only anyway and through grey market the 64GBs are sold overseas.

Dec 6, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #1,110 of 2,024
Quote:

I'm on holidays so somewhat tied up. Otherwise someone here may want to scan the Japanese forums to see if they have problems with this error code - it really wouldn't surprise me if there was some kind of local region thing going on here. Note that the 64GBs were meant to be for local Japan use only anyway and through grey market the 64GBs are sold overseas.

i can try checking but i dont know whats sony's official forums. i think its not popular there or something, haha

edit: just tried over wifi update. no good. i tried using wifi since it is sure to use the firmware that my F supposed to be using. if this doesnt go to well, ill just sell it and get a Z haha.. i still like the Z sound better because most (if not, all) of my headphones are somewhat bass-lean to others

Users who are viewing this thread

Back