Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Nov 19, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #856 of 2,024
acually the player is just on and running, no other apps installed or running, no widgets except a wallpaper, and the screen is off. the stutter just happens randomly.

i dont like to install any other apps with the F, my phone should do that instead :p

It's likely still a storage bottleneck of some kind, in my experience file accessing on the F80x is less than blazing fast.

Nov 19, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #857 of 2,024
all good bro, it really doesnt bug me at all since it only happens very randomly. i used the F this morning for commuting and the stutter did not happen =)

Nov 20, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #859 of 2,024
Quote:
oooo look what arrived from japan this morning!

Very nice! Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, through what delivery service? EMS? FedEx? UPS? DHL? Regular air mail? The reason for my curiosity is that I recently attempted to send an NW-F to a buyer overseas and EMS sent my package back (lithium battery). I had to resort to an expensive FedEx (which unfortunately the buyer bore the burden financially).

Nov 20, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #860 of 2,024
i got sent a 'audio cable' 
wink.gif
 via japan post, posted on the 13th

Nov 20, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #861 of 2,024
And Japan's box is prettier than TRoW. Unsurprisingly...

Nov 20, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #863 of 2,024
I really decided to purchase this device and the final thing I'd like to know if there is a proof that EU version of NWZ-F800 has a volume cap. I've senn a lot of speculations on this topic, but no feedbacks from real users of EU version on NWZ-F800.
Are here any european users? :)

Nov 20, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #864 of 2,024
I'm highly considering getting this player, but I have a few questions. Hardware buttons for pocket-control have always been important to me. They were the main reason I got the F's predecessor, the X series. I see that this version only has: power, volume, and W button. Is this sufficient for blind usage? I understand the W button has functionality with the stock player, but what does it do in 3rd party players like PlayerPro or Neutron? I really need mp3/FLAC gapless, and on-the-go playlists, so I don't plan to use the stock app.

I hear the F80X can support swipe gestures to control next/previous. This might be a decent alternative for pocket control. Can gestures control pause/play as well? Can the swipe gestures be used in 3rd party media player software? Is there any way to get dual-purpose out of the existing hardware buttons? e.g. an app/hack that makes long press on volume next/previous and can make W button pause/play. 

Lastly, can the F80X play any high res (e.g. 24/96) FLAC's properly? I don't have a lot of high-res tracks, but a few.

Sorry for so many questions, but blind control is the one nagging issue that will make or break the deal for me. I must know before I drop this much coin on one! Cheers.

Nov 20, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #865 of 2,024
Quote:

I hear the F80X can support swipe gestures to control next/previous. This might be a decent alternative for pocket control. Can gestures control pause/play as well? Can the swipe gestures be used in 3rd party media player software? Is there any way to get dual-purpose out of the existing hardware buttons? e.g. an app/hack that makes long press on volume next/previous and can make W button pause/play. 

Lastly, can the F80X play any high res (e.g. 24/96) FLAC's properly? I don't have a lot of high-res tracks, but a few.

Sorry for so many questions, but blind control is the one nagging issue that will make or break the deal for me. I must know before I drop this much coin on one! Cheers.

The "W" and swipe features work well, but it won't replace a dedicate button.  Sadly, these features won't engage on 3rd party media player software.  I tried this with Power Amp.

The F80X can only support 16 bit 44.1khz.  Hopefully in couple of years, 24/96 will be possible.  Knowing how much they love their SACD formats, I doubt that they will release 24/96 capable player though.

Nov 20, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #866 of 2,024
Quote:

The "W" and swipe features work well, but it won't replace a dedicate button.  Sadly, these features won't engage on 3rd party media player software.  I tried this with Power Amp.

The F80X can only support 16 bit 44.1khz.  Hopefully in couple of years, 24/96 will be possible.  Knowing how much they love their SACD formats, I doubt that they will release 24/96 capable player though.

Ok thanks for the quick reply, sorry to hear that's the case. It looks like I will have to pass on this, even though it is very tempting. Sony getting rid of the hardware media buttons is a real catastrophe for me. 
mad.gif

Nov 20, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #867 of 2,024
Nov 20, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #868 of 2,024
Greetings 

Im Michael from Poland.

I was hasitating between Sony Walkman F and Z, and i choose Walkman Z( 1050 red). Both has EU volume cap, but i feel the Z is slightly louder. Imo volume cap isn't as bad as you think( shure it's better without it), unless you are using iems or efficient headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back