Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
May 9, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #1,490 of 2,024
Just to let NW-F800 (Japanese version) users know, it has been updated as well.  Just get it via Wi-Fi as usual.  I've noticed (and the improvement list in Japanese at start of update referred to bug fixes and smoother operation):

-smoother scrolling and transitions throughout (much improved, before I found it to be quite "jerky")
-Android "back" button from currently playing music to library much faster, and then immediately scrolling through library much faster (no "wait time")
-switching from "grid" to "list" view of music much faster
-faster wake up with "W" button
-sounds fantastic (OK, well, it already sounded fantastic so...but it really does sound like the volume has been boosted or the soundstage has widened a bit or both. I guess I should have listened to it right before the update.)

-Also will check to see if a problem I have is solved, using FLAC files, once in a while music will "skip" or "stop" for a fraction of a second, I suspect it's a background application running.  If it doesn't do it for a week or so then I'm guessing it must have been part of the bug fix.

May 13, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #1,491 of 2,024
My earlier feedback on distorted sound on upper bass fixed with this update, no more distorted sound found on bass and treble.

Also app error auto closed seem fixed.

May 14, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #1,495 of 2,024
Happy to report not a single skip while playing FLAC files.  Also, I'm really sure that the sound has been tweaked, it's more "comfortable" to listen to and the details of different instruments is more refined.  I'm absolutely sure.

May 14, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #1,496 of 2,024
Too bad that all, like me, who bought it without serial number cannot upgrade it. I wasn't disappointed with not updating to 1.10, but with 1.11 I feel a bit angry for not be able to do it.

Isn't there any workaround to this at all. No one that's been looking into it?

I hope that those without serial number will also be able to update it soon.

May 14, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #1,497 of 2,024
With no one working on custom rom, there doesn't seem to be any hope.

I checked xda and they do have the dump for 1.10, but they still don't have any method to root F

so the only method would be: sell it and buy one with s/n :p

May 15, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #1,499 of 2,024
Quote:
Have you link to that thread on xda?

Maybe they will have a solution soon. Still with 1.01 it's too good to sell!
biggrin.gif
But it would be nice to someday to be able to update it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1981328

Users who are viewing this thread

Back