Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Apr 5, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #1,458 of 2,024
Quote:
Alright, that's great news! Do you select english through a settings menu or sometype of serviced mode menu?  There's an amazon review where a guy says if you power on, poweroff real quickly it resets the device and brings up a language selection menu.
For sure! It's not a lot but that extra space goes a long way to housing all my Pink Floyd FLAC files :)

If you mean this one, I wrote it.  The key was fully powering down the device prior to setup.

Also note that I own the NW-F807/S.

Additionally, the USA version does not offer noise canceling.

Apr 6, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #1,459 of 2,024
Hi all, I just bought an NW-F807 64gb. Love the sound. :)

However I just realised this player just support on japanese and english display. I need to support more language such chinese and korean. Anyone can help me out?

Apr 9, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #1,462 of 2,024
Quote:
Hi all, I just bought an NW-F807 64gb. Love the sound.
smily_headphones1.gif

However I just realised this player just support on japanese and english display. I need to support more language such chinese and korean. Anyone can help me out?

i think only japanese and english are available to you when first setting up the device

Apr 10, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #1,465 of 2,024
try to install Apex launcher, i think they have their own "change language" option. not sure if that helps you though, or if they have the language youre looking for. havent checked it at the moment

Apr 13, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #1,466 of 2,024
Hi guys, I just so happy that I had solve the problem by install some apps such as More Locale 2 , Custom Locale to solve my problem temporary. These apps only capable to shows certain Chinese word. However this is a good improvement for me. Thanks for everyone who chip in suggestion for me.

Dyaems, I will try out the apex launcher and update you guys if it works =)

Apr 16, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #1,467 of 2,024
Just picked up the f805 from ebay,and starting to enjoy it after a few hickups with mediago,i took the plunge after picking up an x1050 for £20 of gumtree which i also love,
just a few questions!ive a c&c BH amp and it pairs well with the x via fiio l5 lod,but this lod only works one channel of the f805,any suggestions on a decent lod which works,from 
headphone to amp the sound improves greatly.cheers.

Apr 24, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #1,469 of 2,024
Quote:
Just picked up the f805 from ebay,and starting to enjoy it after a few hickups with mediago,i took the plunge after picking up an x1050 for £20 of gumtree which i also love,
just a few questions!ive a c&c BH amp and it pairs well with the x via fiio l5 lod,but this lod only works one channel of the f805, any suggestions on a decent lod which works,from 
headphone to amp the sound improves greatly.cheers.

I've noticed that the LOD on the F series is quite low on volume and power. Sonically I find it inferior to just amping from the headphone out. There's been, of course, much discussion on HF regarding amping from a headphone out, but if you start with one of high quality then it works fine... as is the case here. So a simple mini-to-mini cable is all you'll need (as I suppose you already have). 

Apr 24, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #1,470 of 2,024
Quote:

I've noticed that the LOD on the F series is quite low on volume and power. Sonically I find it inferior to just amping from the headphone out. There's been, of course, much discussion on HF regarding amping from a headphone out, but if you start with one of high quality then it works fine... as is the case here. So a simple mini-to-mini cable is all you'll need (as I suppose you already have). 

I agree that the LOD on the F is rather low in output level.  However, I find it to sound better than the headphone out when amping the lineout with my Pico Power.  Still, the improvements aren't drastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back