SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Nov 3, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #6,046 of 7,541
I see on amazon the SanDisk 200gb card has dropped to $149 - what's the chances it might go lower for the black Friday sales? I'm from a different part of the world and don't have experience what sort of products/deals are usually available for the black Friday sales.

ARRRGHHHH Gotmine at 179.99

Nov 3, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #6,048 of 7,541
Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody knows when the new a20 series is supposed to hit stateside? I've been looking like crazy and can't find anything.

I mean amazon has a new listing for it but i dont know if i should buy it from there. Its The international English version. I was thinking of getting the a17 but might as well get the newest series. I'm just not sure if amazon would be a safe bet since there's no other place that has it in the states from what I've seen.

Nov 4, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #6,049 of 7,541
Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody knows when the new a20 series is supposed to hit stateside? I've been looking like crazy and can't find anything.

I mean amazon has a new listing for it but i dont know if i should buy it from there. Its The international English version. I was thinking of getting the a17 but might as well get the newest series. I'm just not sure if amazon would be a safe bet since there's no other place that has it in the states from what I've seen.

i asked in the Sony forums about a month and a half back why the A20 series and ZX-100 series Walkman players had been removed from the U.S. Sony site (for the record they weren't up there but maybe 24 hours and have never reappeared since and even when they were shown on the U.S. site they didn't show prices or availability or street release dates and then for some strange reason they removed them from the site with no explanation like that they were gone) and so the response i got from Sony on their forums was unbelievable

they said and i quote "Hi xylin6, MDR-ZX100 has been repalced by MDR-ZX110 Please check the availble Walkmans in the link below. http://www.sony.com/search?query=walkman&locale=en_US Thanks,Joffrey" when i wrote back again to tell them i was not referring to the ZX-100 headphones but the Sony ZX-100 Walkman and A20 Walkman players (which btw was mentioned in the title of my original query) they never responded back...

anyway long story short,I wouldn't count on any US release for the A20 (or ZX-100) Walkman series. your best bet is to go with a trustworthy overseas vendor such as AccessoryJack who sell the Hong Kong versions of the Walkman which do not have any volume limit and also do have English menu options. thus far they don't seem to offer the A27 but do sell the A25 and A26 models . a friend of mine ordered an A15 from them about four months back and even with just standard shipping at no extra cost received his Walkman from them (shipped to Arizona) in less than 10 business days.you can get it quicker with expedited shipping but that costs a bit more.

http://www.accessoryjack.com/sony-nw-a25-16gb-ldac-high-resolution-audio-player-walkman-black.html

http://www.accessoryjack.com/sony-nw-a26hn-32gb-ldac-high-resolution-audio-player-walkman-silver.html

(if you browse at the bottom of the page of either of those links you'll see they also have other colors available for both models though i believe the A26 only comes in black or silver whereas the A25 comes in six different colors)

Nov 4, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #6,050 of 7,541
My T1 2.Gen has finally arrived
gs1000.gif
 Hats off to FiiO E12. It can drive 600 ohm .headphones efficiently even with the infamously low line output of Sony. It seems I won't need a new DAC/AMP but I will keep the digital cable just in case.

Nov 4, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #6,052 of 7,541
i asked in the Sony forums about a month and a half back why the A20 series and ZX-100 series Walkman players had been removed from the U.S. Sony site (for the record they weren't up there but maybe 24 hours and have never reappeared since and even when they were shown on the U.S. site they didn't show prices or availability or street release dates and then for some strange reason they removed them from the site with no explanation like that they were gone) and so the response i got from Sony on their forums was unbelievable

they said and i quote "Hi xylin6, MDR-ZX100 has been repalced by MDR-ZX110 Please check the availble Walkmans in the link below. http://www.sony.com/search?query=walkman&locale=en_US Thanks,Joffrey" when i wrote back again to tell them i was not referring to the ZX-100 headphones but the Sony ZX-100 Walkman and A20 Walkman players (which btw was mentioned in the title of my original query) they never responded back...

anyway long story short,I wouldn't count on any US release for the A20 (or ZX-100) Walkman series. your best bet is to go with a trustworthy overseas vendor such as AccessoryJack who sell the Hong Kong versions of the Walkman which do not have any volume limit and also do have English menu options. thus far they don't seem to offer the A27 but do sell the A25 and A26 models . a friend of mine ordered an A15 from them about four months back and even with just standard shipping at no extra cost received his Walkman from them (shipped to Arizona) in less than 10 business days.you can get it quicker with expedited shipping but that costs a bit more.

http://www.accessoryjack.com/sony-nw-a25-16gb-ldac-high-resolution-audio-player-walkman-black.html

http://www.accessoryjack.com/sony-nw-a26hn-32gb-ldac-high-resolution-audio-player-walkman-silver.html

(if you browse at the bottom of the page of either of those links you'll see they also have other colors available for both models though i believe the A26 only comes in black or silver whereas the A25 comes in six different colors)

Thanks man! I ordered it on Amazon since I couldn't wait any longer before I read this reply, just wondering, how can i confirm if my a25 has no volume limit. Is it on the box or settings?

Nov 4, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #6,053 of 7,541
Thanks man! I ordered it on Amazon since I couldn't wait any longer before I read this reply, just wondering, how can i confirm if my a25 has no volume limit. Is it on the box or settings?

no its not listed anywhere (at least i don't believe it is i have never purchased one that had volume restriction ,though have read about it from others on the forums here who have)but if you bought the player from a seller who gets them from anywhere in the EU (i.e. from England or France etc..) chances are it has a volume limit per their laws over there.

the U.S..Hong Kong and Japanese models won't have any volume limit restrictions.i imagine if you did order it from a seller from Amazon who gets it from the EU you can most likely cancel the order or return it within 30 days (Amazon are pretty good about that) and then use the refund to order from AccessoryJack,  also AJ are usually less expensive.

when i checked on Amazon right now i see 2 sellers for the A25 model  Nettop and Buywise, it says Nettop sells the Hong Kong model so no volume restriction there,unfortunately it doesn't say where the BuyWise model is from.you could always message the seller and ask. but if you get a Walkman with the volume restriction you'll find out when you use it because if you try to go above (i forget if its 16 or 18) but you'll hear a beeping noise as a warning.if you can go up to say 20-30 (30 being the max) and don't hear a beep then there is no volume limit.

Nov 4, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #6,054 of 7,541
no its not listed anywhere (at least i don't believe it is i have never purchased one that had volume restriction ,though have read about it from others on the forums here who have)but if you bought the player from a seller who gets them from anywhere in the EU (i.e. from England or France etc..) chances are it has a volume limit per their laws over there.

the U.S..Hong Kong and Japanese models won't have any volume limit restrictions.i imagine if you did order it from a seller from Amazon who gets it from the EU you can most likely cancel the order or return it within 30 days (Amazon are pretty good about that) and then use the refund to order from AccessoryJack,  also AJ are usually less expensive.

when i checked on Amazon right now i see 2 sellers for the A25 model  Nettop and Buywise, it says Nettop sells the Hong Kong model so no volume restriction there,unfortunately it doesn't say where the BuyWise model is from.you could always message the seller and ask. but if you get a Walkman with the volume restriction you'll find out when you use it because if you try to go above (i forget if its 16 or 18) but you'll hear a beeping noise as a warning.if you can go up to say 20-30 (30 being the max) and don't hear a beep then there is no volume limit.

I got mine via accessory Jack, is the International version, out of the box was in english despite coming from HK, and vol. 10 IMHO is too loud

Nov 4, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #6,055 of 7,541

Thanks! Very informative. I asked the vender and luckely it has no volume limit. Can't wait to check this out on Friday.

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #6,056 of 7,541

I think you will at least see the A25 available for sale in North America as the new MDR-100AAP are listed on both the Sony USA and Canadian sites in all 5 colors.  These are the same colors being offered for the A25.  Clearly they are meant to go together otherwise it wouldn't make sense to offer all 5 colors of the MDR-100AAP headphones without the matching A25's to pair with them. 

bhphotovideo.com shows eta for the MDR-100AAP's of December 10th, just in time for christmas sales.  I would guess you will see at least the A20 series available in North America.  I am guessing early production will focus on the international markets where demand is probably much higher.  Sony Canada still has the ZX-1 listed for sale so if they sold well enough in Canada to still offer them then I have to imagine the ZX-100 will also be sold here.  Of course I could be wrong as Sony has surprised us in the past. 

Sony may be waiting until they have enough production stock to handle demand in North America for the christmas season to avoid lost sales due to shortages.

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #6,057 of 7,541
A25 + 100AAP is a incredible combo, SONY would be wise to push them as hard as possible in one.

I have the A17 and 100AAP, no need for portable amps or anything to get mind blowing details.

Nov 5, 2015 at 4:04 AM Post #6,058 of 7,541

I think you will at least see the A25 available for sale in North America as the new MDR-100AAP are listed on both the Sony USA and Canadian sites in all 5 colors.  These are the same colors being offered for the A25.  Clearly they are meant to go together otherwise it wouldn't make sense to offer all 5 colors of the MDR-100AAP headphones without the matching A25's to pair with them. 

bhphotovideo.com shows eta for the MDR-100AAP's of December 10th, just in time for christmas sales.  I would guess you will see at least the A20 series available in North America.  I am guessing early production will focus on the international markets where demand is probably much higher.  Sony Canada still has the ZX-1 listed for sale so if they sold well enough in Canada to still offer them then I have to imagine the ZX-100 will also be sold here.  Of course I could be wrong as Sony has surprised us in the past. 

Sony may be waiting until they have enough production stock to handle demand in North America for the christmas season to avoid lost sales due to shortages.

I hope you're right and Sony do release the A20 series here in the U.S. towards the holiday season, though i'm not holding my breath 
tongue_smile.gif

my own skepticism is simply because Sony U.S. are just so difficult to gauge - for example, in 2012 we got the NWZ-F-800 series ,albeit sans the 64gb F807 model,yet the next year when the F-880 series were released everywhere else, for some reason  the U.S. market were skipped over completely. and the same again in 2014 when the ZX-1 model was released and was sold just about everywhere on this planet other than in the United States - and yet Sony go ahead and offer the ZX-2 here so.....
confused_face(1).gif
? ha!
it's just hard to know why they do what they do.

for example why does Sony only offer America the A17 and only in Silver? and in Canada if i'm not mistaken Sony only offers the black model of the A10 series.who decides this stuff? heh..I mean - why not take advantage of such a massive market and offer both the A15 and A17 and in more colors? we could go even further back to the E,S,X,Z and original A series models some which were released in North America ,others which for some reason or another were not.

so , at the end of the day when it comes to Sony North America i tend to err on the side of caution  ~ but again I hope I am mistaken and the A20 series does see release here.btw you have a keen eye ,i never caught the color correlation between the MDR-100AAP headphones and the A-25 Walkman series but they definitely do appear to be made to go with one another.

Nov 5, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #6,059 of 7,541
I hope you're right and Sony do release the A20 series here in the U.S. towards the holiday season, though i'm not holding my breath 
tongue_smile.gif

my own skepticism is simply because Sony U.S. are just so difficult to gauge - for example, in 2012 we got the NWZ-F-800 series ,albeit sans the 64gb F807 model,yet the next year when the F-880 series were released everywhere else, for some reason  the U.S. market were skipped over completely. and the same again in 2014 when the ZX-1 model was released and was sold just about everywhere on this planet other than in the United States - and yet Sony go ahead and offer the ZX-2 here so.....
confused_face(1).gif
? ha!
it's just hard to know why they do what they do.

for example why does Sony only offer America the A17 and only in Silver? and in Canada if i'm not mistaken Sony only offers the black model of the A10 series.who decides this stuff? heh..I mean - why not take advantage of such a massive market and offer both the A15 and A17 and in more colors? we could go even further back to the E,S,X,Z and original A series models some which were released in North America ,others which for some reason or another were not.

so , at the end of the day when it comes to Sony North America i tend to err on the side of caution  ~ but again I hope I am mistaken and the A20 series does see release here.btw you have a keen eye ,i never caught the color correlation between the MDR-100AAP headphones and the A-25 Walkman series but they definitely do appear to be made to go with one another.

sony mexico is the same bro... we havent no ZX o one not even zx1 nor zx2 and not even the new one I imported

Nov 5, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #6,060 of 7,541
to me it always feels like sony believes non Japanese people do not care for larger than 16 or sometimes 32mo of storage. then each country has their own sony weirdness, having one color but not another one and that kind of inexplicable choices, but the storage followed a pattern more often than not (or so it felt to me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back