SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Oct 31, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #6,018 of 7,541
Nov 1, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #6,019 of 7,541
Nov 1, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #6,020 of 7,541

Man, I upgraded the firmware and now it has the freezing/crashing issue with the majority of my music -_-

Can I revert back?

Have you got a 128gb sd card? I formatted a16gb sd card and it seemed to work okay, at the moment I can't be bothered to reformat my 128gb card and put all the music on again, I don't even know if it would work.

I contacted Sony about this issue and after a couple of weeks they eventually got back to me and asked me to send my A15 to them, I haven't send it yet and don't know if I will. If enough people get onto them about this issue maybe they will release a new firmware.

You revert back if you can find the previous firmware, I know that someone posted a link to in this thread a couple of weeks ago.

Nov 1, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #6,021 of 7,541

Depends on what i'm listening to. But yea I can.

ooo thanks!

Man, I upgraded the firmware and now it has the freezing/crashing issue with the majority of my music -_-

Can I revert back?

Try pocking the RESET (RESTART) Hole/Button on the back

Nov 1, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #6,022 of 7,541

Depends on what i'm listening to. But yea I can.
ooo thanks!

Can I revert back?

Try rebuilding the library before reverting to the old firmware. 

Nov 1, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #6,023 of 7,541

Have you got a 128gb sd card? I formatted a16gb sd card and it seemed to work okay, at the moment I can't be bothered to reformat my 128gb card and put all the music on again, I don't even know if it would work.

I contacted Sony about this issue and after a couple of weeks they eventually got back to me and asked me to send my A15 to them, I haven't send it yet and don't know if I will. If enough people get onto them about this issue maybe they will release a new firmware.

You revert back if you can find the previous firmware, I know that someone posted a link to in this thread a couple of weeks ago.

Yea I have a 128gb card. I have an imported A17 so im screwed if it is a hardware issue lol.

Try pocking the RESET (RESTART) Hole/Button on the back

Nada

Try rebuilding the library before reverting to the old firmware. 

Tried that. Tried it with the sdcard removed too. Still freezes. At the moment, I just wiped everything and transferring my stuff all over again. Which is ok because I didn't know that the MediaGo software was secretly re-encoding some of my FLAC files to 256 lol. Hopefully this fixes it. If not, ill try downgrading the firmware. 

Nov 1, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #6,024 of 7,541

Tried that. Tried it with the sdcard removed too. Still freezes. At the moment, I just wiped everything and transferring my stuff all over again. Which is ok because I didn't know that the MediaGo software was secretly re-encoding some of my FLAC files to 256 lol. Hopefully this fixes it. If not, ill try downgrading the firmware. 

You can make MediaGo not convert your FLAC files while transferring.  Just drag the albums or songs in MediaGo, with the RIGHT mouse key to the Walkman section on the left column. then let go the mouse button. Chose "advanced transfer". There choose the "never convert" option. That way Mediogo won't touch your files.

Nov 1, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #6,025 of 7,541
Still couldn't get my mind around the miliWatts, milivolts, impendences, and matching amps to headphones :frowning2:
If the spcs of a headphone says 120 db at 300mW, does this mean that it will dliver 110 db at 30mW since dB scale is logarithmic???

Nov 1, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #6,026 of 7,541
  Still couldn't get my mind around the miliWatts, milivolts, impendences, and matching amps to headphones :frowning2:
If the spcs of a headphone says 120 db at 300mW, does this mean that it will dliver 110 db at 30mW since dB scale is logarithmic???

yes that's it

Nov 2, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #6,027 of 7,541
Guys I need some immediate response ! It seems that for some voodoo reason, amazon doesn't want to ship these to Australia. :frowning2:
Can someone give a link to a reliable online store or something that is selling them currently ? My preferred one is A15 16gb Black.

Nov 2, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #6,028 of 7,541
Guys I need some immediate response ! It seems that for some voodoo reason, amazon doesn't want to ship these to Australia.
frown.gif

Can someone give a link to a reliable online store or something that is selling them currently ? My preferred one is A15 16gb Black.

wouldn't you rather have the newest version the A25 instead? here it is in black and its the same price
http://www.accessoryjack.com/sony-nw-a25-16gb-ldac-high-resolution-audio-player-walkman-black.html

if you're deadset on the a15 (though i don't know why you would be as the A25 is the upgraded A15) here is the original though it seems they only have the silver model left
http://www.accessoryjack.com/sony-nwz-a15-16gb-nfc-walkman-hi-res-digital-music-player-silver.html

doesn't Australian post have an issue with mailing Lithium-Ion batteries? i bet thats why i remember wanting to purchase a Walkman from an Australian head fi-er but he couldn't send it to the US because of that  http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/dangerous-and-prohibited-items.html

Nov 2, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #6,030 of 7,541
Guys I need some immediate response ! It seems that for some voodoo reason, amazon doesn't want to ship these to Australia.
frown.gif

check accessoryJack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back