SONY NWZ-A10 Series
May 12, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #4,576 of 7,541
i am enjoying that thing so much ! .... loving it that i bought a 55$ black Dignis case for it !
darthsmile.gif
 ... hope i put my hands on it soon 

May 12, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #4,578 of 7,541
  Thats what Im leaning towards but the A17 hooked up through aux in my car just sounds sooo good haha.

Would love to have two of these, (one for work, one for the car) but its overkill and a waste of money.

use it in the car ... then take it in your pocket for work when leaving and save the money of the E one for .. say a better headphone or iem 

May 12, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #4,579 of 7,541
use it in the car ... then take it in your pocket for work when leaving and save the money of the E one for .. say a better headphone or iem 

Thats what i was thinking too.to get the most use out of it,this is the way to go. But i prefer to not have to keep plugging and unplugging. Ill keep the E walkman as backup in my glove bo. For the times that i forget to bring in the A17 (which will happen...alot).

May 12, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #4,580 of 7,541
Thats what i was thinking too.to get the most use out of it,this is the way to go. But i prefer to not have to keep plugging and unplugging. Ill keep the E walkman as backup in my glove bo. For the times that i forget to bring in the A17 (which will happen...alot).

Using headphone out? could just get a 3.5mm male to female adaptor or a short 'pigtail' style cable to leave attached for plug in and out of. I guess you can't really do that with the walkman jack unless you use an external amp.

May 12, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #4,581 of 7,541
yeah if the concern is really just the plugging unplugging it's easy to find some nice little male to female jack that you would leave on the sony at all time, and just have another male to male jack cable that would stay at all time in the car player. if one day there is a dram you just by new cable.
but the real concern in my mind is indeed to keep forgetting the DAP at one or the other location. so the second DAP sure is a very rational idea, at least in my forgetful and careless life it is. (I have the e585 and pretty often even a sansa clip in a bag somewhere just for those situations ^_^).

May 12, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #4,583 of 7,541

yeah if the concern is really just the plugging unplugging it's easy to find some nice little male to female jack that you would leave on the sony at all time, and just have another male to male jack cable that would stay at all time in the car player. if one day there is a dram you just by new cable.

but the real concern in my mind is indeed to keep forgetting the DAP at one or the other location. so the second DAP sure is a very rational idea, at least in my forgetful and careless life it is. (I have the e585 and pretty often even a sansa clip in a bag somewhere just for those situations ^_^).

Not so much wear and tear but just it gets tedious when you do it plug in and unplug 2-3 times a day during the week.

Ideally, this is why I want to have a DAP to keep in the car 24,7. 

Would love to have two A17s but Im trying to justify having two. Im sure people are wondering why Im using a DAP for in my car and not using an actual car head unit. Well because I would want only a double din and in my price budget, the chances of find a unit that puts out sound quality anywhere remotely close to what the A17 puts out is very very slim.

You would have to spend a kings ransome on a high end double din unit to get one that can match the A17 sound output IMO. The entry level double dins (no matter the brand) Im almost certain would all sound vastly inferior interms of sound quality to the A17. If thats the case, then I might as well just stick with my E walkman and keep that in the car 24,7 and it costs me a grand total of $100cdn vs $500 on an entry level double din including install and kit. Id love a double din in my car, but I really do think you pay a premium to have that look and feel in your car.

Sure having a DAP running through your aux isnt as luxurious or fancy as a double din but its a lot more affordable for most people. And I think this would explain why most people just run their phones and DAPS through their aux now, than forking over hundreds for aftermarket head units.

And im just not willing to fork over that kind of money.

The A17 really does sound remarkable plugged into my aux, especially at only $280cdn cost. Thats peanuts compared to what a double din, with dash kit and installation would cost me. $600 for a mid-tier unit including install and dash kit....the same price that itd cost me for TWO A17s. So in my case, I do kinda see a case and valid reason for perhaps owning TWO A17s

May 13, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #4,584 of 7,541
You looked at Sandisk Clip+ or Zip? They are really cheap and have solid sound quality, I keep one as a secondary player- I imagine it'd be great as something ot leave in the car as long as you have a power supply for them due to the short 5-6 hour batt life- though I have never heard a good car system so maybe the quality difference becomes really obvious in a good setup. Plus if somebody steals it you're only out 40 bucks. I guess it says something about where I live that my first expectation for anything left in a car is that it will inevitably be stolen.
confused_face.gif

May 13, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #4,586 of 7,541
  You looked at Sandisk Clip+ or Zip? They are really cheap and have solid sound quality, I keep one as a secondary player- I imagine it'd be great as something ot leave in the car as long as you have a power supply for them due to the short 5-6 hour batt life- though I have never heard a good car system so maybe the quality difference becomes really obvious in a good setup. Plus if somebody steals it you're only out 40 bucks. I guess it says something about where I live that my first expectation for anything left in a car is that it will inevitably be stolen.
confused_face.gif

Agree. He can use the sanDisk clip zip for the automobile and his A17 as his main player, what i do with my fiio x3 (car player) and my A17 (everyday use)

Anyone have a used nwz-a17 they are willing to part with? If so, let me know!

I don't part with mine, unless i get a ZX-2
biggrin.gif

May 14, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #4,589 of 7,541
  Agree. He can use the sanDisk clip zip for the automobile and his A17 as his main player, what i do with my fiio x3 (car player) and my A17 (everyday use)

I don't part with mine, unless i get a ZX-2
biggrin.gif

I ended up deciding this yesterday. Puckered up and paid the big bucks for a double din in the car and will keep the A17 for work. Get the best of both worlds.

Even though it wasnt terrible, using a DAP just felt awkward in the car. Plus I didnt want a $300 player sitting in the car all the time and would most likely die a quick death. At least car head units can forsure handle the heat and cold.

I just have to buy a safe with a keylock on it so I can store this A17 at work and returning the E walkman for a refund. Very thankful cause its a week over but theyre making an exception. I have no use for two walkmans, especially seeing my phone is a Sony too. No way the A17 leaving it unattended. And heres the shocker, as good as the A17 sounded in my car running through the AUX. The pioneer I picked up sounds just as good if not a bit better! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back