SONY NWZ-A10 Series
May 6, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #4,516 of 7,541
I been listening to my new A17 for the last few days. I can't believe how good it sounds I'd go so far as saying that it sounds better than my Fiio X5.

Listeing to it is so additive it makes me what to listen to all my old music again.

The only bad thing I can say about it is that the volume doesn't go high enough and I have a non EU model.

May 6, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #4,517 of 7,541

I don't think so because this player does not connect to internet, so maybe your best bet is using mp3 or flacs, aac alac etc

Thanks gerelmx,

That's a good point. Even so, I was hoping that Sony could implement a firmware update or similar that would log tracks listened to, and/or incorporate a Last.FM scrobbler into MediaGo. That way, at the very least, you could scrobble indirectly through your computer. Alternatively, having some sort of log file would allow the use of third-party apps like Zenses or QTSCrobbler.

If anyone is interested, I have posted a feature request over at the Sony Community forums:

http://community.sony.com/t5/Walkman-Players/Feature-Request-Last-FM-Scrobbling/td-p/477087

May 6, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #4,518 of 7,541

I don't think so because this player does not connect to internet, so maybe your best bet is using mp3 or flacs, aac alac etc

Thanks gerelmx,

That's a good point. Even so, I was hoping that Sony could implement a firmware update or similar that would log tracks listened to, and/or incorporate a Last.FM scrobbler into MediaGo. That way, at the very least, you could scrobble indirectly through your computer. Alternatively, having some sort of log file would allow the use of third-party apps like Zenses or QTSCrobbler.

If anyone is interested, I have posted a feature request over at the Sony Community forums:

http://community.sony.com/t5/Walkman-Players/Feature-Request-Last-FM-Scrobbling/td-p/477087

yeah don't keep your hopes high. sony never cared for what we asked. it took them pretty much 10years to add a µSD slot and just a little less to read flac. so last fm ... I'm not overly optimistic.

May 6, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #4,519 of 7,541
Is there any way to get the A17 to stay powered off? When powered off, the slightest touch of any button wakes it up instantly, even if Hold is on. Several cases that I tried turn the thing on constantly. I can't count how many times I've pulled out the A17 to find it on and almost out of juice.

May 6, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #4,520 of 7,541
  Is there any way to get the A17 to stay powered off? When powered off, the slightest touch of any button wakes it up instantly, even if Hold is on. Several cases that I tried turn the thing on constantly. I can't count how many times I've pulled out the A17 to find it on and almost out of juice.

no you can't, all sony non android daps have been like this for ....  a long time.
just get used to use the "hold" switch after you turn it off. it will still turn on the screen, but will then go back to sleep instead of maybe ending up playing music to your bag or your pocket. in practice (when using the hold switch) that was never really an issue when I used DAPs that had only about 13 to 15hours of battery, and it's definitely not one with the A10 that goes more than twice the distance.
I 've been like you with previous models, but the DAP is never really OFF anyway so jut use hold and don't worry is my advice ^_^.

May 6, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #4,521 of 7,541

no you can't, all sony non android daps have been like this for ....  a long time.
just get used to use the "hold" switch after you turn it off. it will still turn on the screen, but will then go back to sleep instead of maybe ending up playing music to your bag or your pocket. in practice (when using the hold switch) that was never really an issue when I used DAPs that had only about 13 to 15hours of battery, and it's definitely not one with the A10 that goes more than twice the distance.
I 've been like you with previous models, but the DAP is never really OFF anyway so jut use hold and don't worry is my advice ^_^.

One thing i have noted so far with this walkman, while paused, if you push a button while on HOLD, it never displays power off, my older walkmans did this, if they were paused for a while they went into the sleep mode

May 6, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #4,523 of 7,541
  That amp is neutral or nay?

i think a big nay ... it was marketed as a personal sub-woofer !! 
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #4,526 of 7,541
For your music you might prefer the Zo 3

I'm debating between thet ZO3 (AKA ZO FS+), the JDS labs C5 and the Oppo HA-2... snoy's own PHA-1A is out of my list warm signature of Wolfson (no longer wolfson BWT, bought by cirrus), battery life is Boooo'ish, seems they forgot the AUX-in jack, seriously sony?

May 7, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #4,528 of 7,541
  with only sensitive iems , could it be that A-10 sounds better than PHA-1a ?

any measurements about the PHA? impedance? crosstalk? spare some change? a beer? half a hamburger?
I'm the spec beggar!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back