SONY NWZ-A10 Series
May 7, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #4,532 of 7,541
I actually tried it again. Two Sundays before I gave it a full charge and checked it at 24 hours and the indicator was full. Then checked every 3 days and had the same result. Last night I checked again and the indicator was full.
I can't explain why I had that battery drainage after 2 weeks before this test.
I had nothing connected to it too.
Maybe I pushed something against it when it was in the cell phone case I use and it powered on.
I just turned it ON like a noob to try something with the O2 forgetting I shouldn't touch it...
well it's been a week and 5 days, or so says headfi, so I end up luckily close of the 2 weeks mark. :D
and the result is that I'm still full, I've been playing it for a little more than an hours using most DSPs to drain more, and turning ON the screen often, as sometimes a battery will show full bars when turned ON but remove one after a very short time. but I'm still with full bars even now.

what I believe to be the important part, I've left the A15 alone with nothing plugged in it, no LO, no headphone. did you also let the DAP totally unplugged or not? if you did, then I suspect your DAP has a problem. if not, then the stuff used to detect if we plugged a headphone or a LO might just be responsible for draining the battery so much?
hope it helps.

May 7, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #4,534 of 7,541
I actually tried it again. Two Sundays before I gave it a full charge and checked it at 24 hours and the indicator was full. Then checked every 3 days and had the same result. Last night I checked again and the indicator was full.
Maybe I pushed something against it when it was in the cell phone case I use and it powered on.
I just turned it ON like a noob to try something with the O2 forgetting I shouldn't touch it...
well it's been a week and 5 days, or so says headfi, so I end up luckily close of the 2 weeks mark.
biggrin.gif

and the result is that I'm still full, I've been playing it for a little more than an hours using most DSPs to drain more, and turning ON the screen often, as sometimes a battery will show full bars when turned ON but remove one after a very short time. but I'm still with full bars even now.

what I believe to be the important part, I've left the A15 alone with nothing plugged in it, no LO, no headphone. did you also let the DAP totally unplugged or not? if you did, then I suspect your DAP has a problem. if not, then the stuff used to detect if we plugged a headphone or a LO might just be responsible for draining the battery so much?
hope it helps.

well it's a positive ending, so I gladly take it ^_^.

May 7, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #4,535 of 7,541

Glad all went well with your A17

May 9, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #4,537 of 7,541
I am enjoying this very much, but like many others, find the volume too low, especially for commuting. I am going to try it with a Topping NX1, can't afford more, and use the Soundmagic E10s. I was wondering though if different IEMs would do the job, in terms of volume especially, rather than this amp. I am also wondering if my Thanks for your comments.

May 9, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #4,538 of 7,541
  I am enjoying this very much, but like many others, find the volume too low, especially for commuting. I am going to try it with a Topping NX1, can't afford more, and use the Soundmagic E10s. I was wondering though if different IEMs would do the job, in terms of volume especially, rather than this amp. I am also wondering if my Thanks for your comments.

Nice you're enjoying it, you find volume too low?, for me at vol 13 is already too loud with big cans like MDR-1R and vol. 10 with IEMs like XBA-H3

May 9, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #4,539 of 7,541
Thanks for your answer. Yes, my A15 is the EU version, I have it at maximum volume all the time (30) when out and about and it mostly does the job, but I sometimes would like a bit more. I live in a big noisy city. It sounds like a big difference between you & me, wonder if it's the player version or the iems.

May 9, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #4,540 of 7,541
  Thanks for your answer. Yes, my A15 is the EU version, I have it at maximum volume all the time (30) when out and about and it mostly does the job, but I sometimes would like a bit more. I live in a big noisy city. It sounds like a big difference between you & me, wonder if it's the player version or the iems.

Mine i think is the so-called international model, but mine in the back has the NOM (Normal oficial Mexicana de Certificación) certification Logo and other logo i can¿t see well. but i also plan to get an amp, the Oppo HA-2 next week. My city is alsoa bit noisy too, and my IEMS isolate so-so esp. at a noisy office environment.

EU versions have a volume cap imposed by the EU gov. What does not happen i mexico, but yes i had low-volume walkman once and i can understand you, remember i alway had it at vol 27 too all the time. that was in 2003

Other thing to check out is impedance and sesitivity of your headphnes and iem, f.e my 1R are quoted at 24-ohm impedance and 105dB/mW sensitivity and the IEMS at 40-ohm 107dB/mW sensitivity... I had once a pair of noise cancellers from sony that had an impedance of 100-ohm, i had to crank to vol. 30 on my A818

May 9, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #4,541 of 7,541
Are the soundmagics fairly sensitve? if not more sensitive phones might help. I also find 9-10 good with most my inears (except for one weird pair that takes like 19 lol), and 13-15ish for on/over ears, also non-eu version though. Are the restrictions really so stringent?

May 9, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #4,542 of 7,541
  Are the soundmagics fairly sensitve? if not more sensitive phones might help. I also find 9-10 good with most my inears (except for one weird pair that takes like 19 lol), and 13-15ish for on/over ears, also non-eu version though. Are the restrictions really so stringent?

Other thing to check i think is the recordings i have a recording of Purcell Harpsichord Suites & Grounds and the last track was an epic fail on the mixer console, i have to crank to super maximum volume on that one

and those i am listening to, the CPE Bach Keyboard concertos have this frustrating boomy orchestra part and too quiet soloist instrument, why they do this on the mixer????

May 9, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #4,543 of 7,541
Nice you're enjoying it, you find volume too low?, for me at vol 13 is already too loud with big cans like MDR-1R and vol. 10 with IEMs like XBA-H3

Just reacquainted myself with a pair of Grados and they're fine at vol level 13-15 on an EU model. Designed for low level listening yet with all the detail shining through & with all the dynamics. No amp required great match. New E models considerably refined & smoother. an eye opener of should that be ear opener. Big fan of Grado now. Sorry Beyerdynamic hope you'll forgive me.

May 9, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #4,544 of 7,541
Obligatory Grado WOOOOOOO! comment.

Wish I had more use for open-backs at the moment. Would love to try their in-ears, but their price is so high and fancy many-drivered tech novelties distracting.  Has anyone tried the GR10s with the A10?

May 9, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #4,545 of 7,541
  Obligatory Grado WOOOOOOO! comment.

Wish I had more use for open-backs at the moment. Would love to try their in-ears, but their price is so high and fancy many-drivered tech novelties distracting.  Has anyone tried the GR10s with the A10?

I wish i could have some open backs, but having a neighbor with 5 barking gay chihuahuas....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back