SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Mar 20, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #3,736 of 7,541
  Don't bother with castle, he hears with his eyes... literaylly, who cares about if the LO is 0.254v, or who cares about those fancy graphs like FR and so on, impedance match meh!.

Let you ears be your ears and they are your best judges in the panel, they decide which amp or heaphone passes and which Not.

I already love the sound of my A17, is phenomenal, the "concert" sound iwas looking for years after attending classical music concerts and hearing the reality vs on an iPod or even older walkmans, but yeah We want amp to drive our needy cans to their asking level

That doesn't say i will risk the sound of my A17 by plugging it in to an external DAC, but unfortunately i must do so risk a purchase because in emxico there are hardly any shops forhi-end audio so i can't test drive some gear i wnated to

I hear you brother. Don't feel bad, even here in Ottawa there are so many things you can't try before you buy. I guess there is just way too much gear, and so much new gear coming everyday it seems that I can't imagine your normal audio store being able to offer even a modest selection for trial. So nice to hear how much you like the A17, kind of makes me appreciate mine more as well. Can't wait for the PHA 3 to be here, should be very nice.

Mar 20, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #3,737 of 7,541
Is there any 3rd party FW for the a10 that might give additional sound features to the current playback section?

One thing that I really like on android base devices is the ability to use different playing apps, each one giving its own treatment to the music.
I think that bass and treble boost on PowerAmp is done amazingly well and couldn't reproduce it by just playing with the equalizer (that I try to avoid) on any non-android device.

In fact, that was the reason I sent back the Fiio X5 - good amp section, nice on details but overall sound was too flat to my ears... Disappointing on the FUN factor....

Just give me well implemented treble & bass knobs....

Mar 20, 2015 at 5:28 AM Post #3,738 of 7,541
Clear bass works well and if you need a bit more treble get some (((beyerdynanics !?!?

Mar 20, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #3,740 of 7,541
Is there any 3rd party FW for the a10 that might give additional sound features to the current playback section?

One thing that I really like on android base devices is the ability to use different playing apps, each one giving its own treatment to the music.
I think that bass and treble boost on PowerAmp is done amazingly well and couldn't reproduce it by just playing with the equalizer (that I try to avoid) on any non-android device.

In fact, that was the reason I sent back the Fiio X5 - good amp section, nice on details but overall sound was too flat to my ears... Disappointing on the FUN factor....

The reason that make me go for the a-10 is to escape from the android hassle.. No hanging app .. And there is something in android players affects the sound quality!! Don't know! .. But the original os Sony Walkman sounds better in quality and sound enhancements too better than making it just an app on android !
But still understand people who love the variations of apps and appearances .... Just sony original OS is my absolute no. 1

Mar 20, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #3,741 of 7,541

I don't think so there any 3rd party software as this OS is closed-source, sony made, the only sound features are the ones built-in 

Mar 20, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #3,742 of 7,541
  I think I have a fake memory card! it's sad!

always buy from a reputable store like amazon or an electronics store, not from eBay or so, also buy from respectable brands like kiNGSTON, sanDusk, ADATA etc

Mar 20, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #3,743 of 7,541

always buy from a reputable store like amazon or an electronics store, not from eBay or so, also buy from respectable brands like kiNGSTON, sanDusk, ADATA etc

Agree, needs tobe  Amazon themselves not 3rd parties, i've been caught out before with fake SD cards. Likewise printer ink (what a rip off) and Sennheiser CX500s (a scumbag faker's favorite along with the 300s) a few years ago. I just stick with Sandisk cant go wrong.

Im still waiting for these 128gb to properly come down in price, actually making do with a 16gb at the mo !  Enough room for 1/2 dozen HiRes albums . Will have use of a 32gb from my phone if this Moto X I bought on eBay (from Hong Kong !?!) ever turns up, it doesn't take a card a la iPhone ! Crazy isn't it: fancier the phone the less memory you get.

Mar 20, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #3,745 of 7,541
Agree, needs tobe  Amazon themselves not 3rd parties, i've been caught out before with fake SD cards. Likewise printer ink (what a rip off) and Sennheiser CX500s (a scumbag faker's favorite along with the 300s) a few years ago. I just stick with Sandisk cant go wrong.

Im still waiting for these 128gb to properly come down in price, actually making do with a 16gb at the mo !  Enough room for 1/2 dozen HiRes albums . Will have use of a 32gb from my phone if this Moto X I bought on eBay (from Hong Kong !?!) ever turns up, it doesn't take a card a la iPhone ! Crazy isn't it: fancier the phone the less memory you get.

I also thought Amazon should be a safe bet, just got a Sandisk microSD 128gb, found a 3rd party store that sold it for 75$, regular goes for 99$, couldn't say I did not suspect things could go wrong as the seller was from china, but the price looked reasonable (unlike 10$ on eBay) and the seller also ensured me it is Sandisk genuine.

Well guess what. It's not. Just as good as all other 10$ eBay frauds - only through Amazon it costs 7 times as much.

My disappointment is from Amazon, few years ago it was probably harder to be on their sellers list.

From now on if I'll choose to get from Amazon it would be from Amazon direct only...

Mar 20, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #3,746 of 7,541

When i buy from "market-place" sellers off amazon i tend to look at the seller's rating if its 80% and above i buy from 3rd parties that can send to mexico, did this with some CDs and they arrived fine, also a book thought used but it was OK, tough I've never bought electronics from a seller affiliated with amazon.

Amzon is also great at returns, i HAD A kingston SD card which failedd on me right after i was using it, i returned it to them and they sent me a new one... that also failed after 6 years (the one i tested with check flash after my dad lost all his photos and videos from the fifa world cup 2014 trip he had) god i had luck it failed before i went to Hamburg..

while kingston is good but i've had bad luck with them...s o trust SanDisk, all my sandisks have never failed, i have a cruzer titanium that is 10 years old and still works fine... 512MB for $100 in 2005 
biggrin.gif
.. i still have, but need to look for it.. my first thumb drive.. Lear 128MB from 2003 haha still works

Users who are viewing this thread

Back