SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Mar 20, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #3,751 of 7,541
Mar 20, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #3,752 of 7,541

Looks like a iGdgtz case

Just picked one up myself. Seems like a reasonable investment to protect the player. I'm sure it is going to smell dreadful as these things typically do, hopefully I'm wrong.

Mar 20, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #3,753 of 7,541
the if x3 silicone case smelled like those correction liquids (e.g liquid paper) 
angry_face.gif
, And i remember my A818, i bought a case for it that was hard plastic with sift silicone button pads to press only the buttons

Mar 20, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #3,755 of 7,541
I do wish Sony would sell cases to the forgotten 500million Europeans

Mar 20, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #3,756 of 7,541
Not Sony per se but they are available off ebay, I'm from Australia so that's how I got mine as well. Arm and a leg but if I use this a10as much as I used (and still do) my e363 it'll be averaged out over time lol

Mar 20, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #3,757 of 7,541
Not Sony per se but they are available off ebay, I'm from Australia so that's how I got mine as well. Arm and a leg but if I use this a10as much as I used (and still do) my e363 it'll be averaged out over time lol

It should be easier to buy. Sell the product sell the accessories. Haven't they heard of add on sales ?

Mar 20, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #3,758 of 7,541
I thought I knew this, but on reflection I don't. Does the FiiO L5 from the A17 to a PHA 3 allow me to bypass both the DAC and amp in the A17? I would think so, but I'm not sure.

Mar 20, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #3,759 of 7,541
  I thought I knew this, but on reflection I don't. Does the FiiO L5 from the A17 to a PHA 3 allow me to bypass both the DAC and amp in the A17? I would think so, but I'm not sure.

NO .... with Fiio L5 you will skip the amp section of the A-17 only ... not the DAC section too ... if you want to get PHA-3 you don't worry about the cables .. PHA-3 come with the necessary cable that skip both the dac and the amp of the player ... and it is more practical and elegant more than the bulky accessory cable that sold alone 

Mar 20, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #3,761 of 7,541
  NO .... with Fiio L5 you will skip the amp section of the A-17 only ... not the DAC section too ... if you want to get PHA-3 you don't worry about the cables .. PHA-3 come with the necessary cable that skip both the dac and the amp of the player ... and it is more practical and elegant more than the bulky accessory cable that sold alone 

Great news, yes I hope the cable comes (mine is a very lightly used PHA 3). Makes sense as I know you need a chip to extract the DAC feed. Should have known this, thanks for the info, cheers.

Mar 20, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #3,763 of 7,541

This is my good old gym partner. I've been using it for years and it's still in mint condition. My point is, **** happens. You buy a cover, screen protector, you treat it as your most precious possession and one day you drop it and the screen breaks. (touch wood) ...or you treat it as what it is; just a small DAP and apart from  a few scratches it withers well. 
That's my philosophy anyway. Last month I dropped my xperia z3 and now there's a noticeable scratch on the screen and I couldn't care less 
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #3,764 of 7,541

This is my good old gym partner. I've been using it for years and it's still in mint condition. My point is, **** happens. You buy a cover, screen protector, you treat it as your most precious possession and one day you drop it and the screen breaks. (touch wood) ...or you treat it as what it is; just a small DAP and apart from  a few scratches it withers well. 
That's my philosophy anyway. Last month I dropped my xperia z3 and now there's a noticeable scratch on the screen and I couldn't care less 
biggrin.gif

Today after getting off work to go home i almost dropped my A17, still the xba-h3 conected to it and i was storing the macBook Air power adapter and the magsafe cable caught my xba-h3 cable and i pulled the magsafe to make loops and i saw my walkman dangling and phewww, all fine.

(I have to store the macBook air in the locker, i cannot  take it home, comapny's stuff, not even for practicing at home my iOS dev)

One thing i can say about objective-C and iOS programming... the language from Hell, wrose than visual basic .NET in verbosity screw** instead of

String str = "Love My iPod";
str.replace("iPod, "Walkman"); //this is done in c#.net and java

is done like this in ios

NSString *str = @"I Love my Ipod";

[str replaceOccurencesOfString: @"iPod" withString: @"Walkman"];

Mar 21, 2015 at 1:49 AM Post #3,765 of 7,541
Hi guys,

new to head-fi although reading a while already. Am a happy owner of a Sony NWZ-A17 as it was the best package for my needs (portability, expendable storage, usable UI)
I do not need superpowerful amp for full size 600Ohm-headphones. Currently using with Klipsch R6 (mobile) and ATH-M50x (at home)

Am about to upgrade the IEMs and have listened to a few here in Singapore. Due to the 4ohm output impedance MultiBAs are not on my list.

I might have awkward preferences but I was not impressed by the IE800 and the Dita the Answer.
I very much liked the AudioTechnica ATH-CKR9 (but not the CKR10) and the Final Audio Heaven V (and the IV a bit lesser) on my A17.

As you see, I do not tend to very analytical IEMs.

Came across the Aurisonics ASG-1Plus but unfortunately cannot test them anywhere. Anybody an idea whether that would be a nice match?

And maybe I should mention that I will never ever stack my DAP to a portable amp. Why should I buy a 66gram DAP for its portability if I then strap it to a brick which
I have to carry around? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back