SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Mar 1, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #3,316 of 7,541

That's why i love being GAY becaue we are both dudes (my man and I) and we like to spend haha on nice stuff and we both work

You are lucky to have that kind of partner. I've seen so many one sided gay love in my life (a nice hard working guy with a gold-digger partner). Sometime it scare me to find my own partner.

----------

I've tried using Fiio E11k and E12k in audio store and I barely feel any improvement for my IEM, guess I dont need one which is good.

Maybe you can try canyin c5 i think is called, or the new Oppo HA-2, note that the latter is DAC/amp combo and the canyin is only amp... You will find luck with a nice partner, I wish you luck.  I struggled with liars and cheaters, the sad part but i'm working for it is that we are separated by 9,000 Km distance, he's german 49 yr old i'm Mexican 28yr old, age is just a Number like ID froma  database record or a car license plate which gives me no info, love has no barriers
Interesting info for those who claim the latest F series sounded better than the A10 series.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0315/Interview_Yoshioka_Sony_NW_ZX2.htm

Looks like the A10 might be the successor and have better components e.g. POSCAP capacitor, improved thicken wire in battery and better chassis build for sound. All missing from the F series.

I am also shoked who say the F series sounds better than the A10,being the F an older gen player, and yes as you say no POSCAP and no S-Master HX but MX

Mar 1, 2015 at 3:58 AM Post #3,318 of 7,541
Let me make this clear. The A17 is NOT better than the F887 in sound quality. The F is more transparent, has better clarity, more power, and a larger soundstage. That doesn't mean, however, that the A17 is lacking. It also has amazing sound quality, just not at the levels of the F887.

That is why I decided to keep both. The better sounding F will be my portable player at home (where sound quality is noticeable) and the A will be for on the go.

I'm in the process of writing a review for both. Give me about a week or two. Right now, I'm just enjoying the music! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Just as many people seem to think the A17 sounds better, probably depends on the quality of earphones and set-up

Originally Posted by Levanter 

Interesting info for those who claim the latest F series sounded better than the A10 series.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0315/Interview_Yoshioka_Sony_NW_ZX2.htm

Looks like the A10 might be the successor and have better components e.g. POSCAP capacitor, improved thicken wire in battery and better chassis build for sound. All missing from the F series.

Yeah, and some people say that the A10 has more power than the F880. Since they both have the same power output, but because the F is android some of that power is used for the Android OS. There are even some people who say the A10 sound better than the ZX1...

Mar 1, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #3,319 of 7,541
Placebo from pricing/status is a strong thing :)

Mar 1, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #3,320 of 7,541
Any of you guys ever got a faulty headphone out of the box?...

Out of excitement I didnt notice that may new PX 100-ii was somehow bent out of shape so the drivers were not symetrically aligned...when i held the headphone up i saw one driver is here and the other is kind of there...looked so weird...plus the right driver was very lose and was moving every each way, more movement than the left one which moved but firmly...I only realized when after some listening my right ear started hurting much while the left one was causy and comfortable, no pain whatsoever...

anyway I took the thing back today for exchange and they no longer had the black one so had to settle for white...but then I realized I kinda like the white one better and it matches my silver A15 with white silicone case on it...also most of my gadgets are black so for a change white one is refreshing...

oh my wife thinks the white one is prettier...I will have to hide it cos she might fight me for it...i think she is getting tired of her stock earbuds...hehehe...

Mar 1, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #3,321 of 7,541

Maybe you can try canyin c5 i think is called, or the new Oppo HA-2, note that the latter is DAC/amp combo and the canyin is only amp..................he's german 49 yr old i'm Mexican 28yr old..................

I don't feel a need for >$100 amp yet for now and Oppo things is kinda rare here too. Lol, we have almost the same taste, though above 45 is too much for me.

Any of you guys ever got a faulty headphone out of the box?...

Out of excitement I didnt notice that may new PX 100-ii was somehow bent out of shape so the drivers were not symetrically aligned...when i held the headphone up i saw one driver is here and the other is kind of there...looked so weird...plus the right driver was very lose and was moving every each way, more movement than the left one which moved but firmly...I only realized when after some listening my right ear started hurting much while the left one was causy and comfortable, no pain whatsoever...

anyway I took the thing back today for exchange and they no longer had the black one so had to settle for white...but then I realized I kinda like the white one better and it matches my silver A15 with white silicone case on it...also most of my gadgets are black so for a change white one is refreshing...

oh my wife thinks the white one is prettier...I will have to hide it cos she might fight me for it...i think she is getting tired of her stock earbuds...hehehe...

Reading this post make me miss my PX200-ii. Nothing can beat PX portability I guess.

Mar 1, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #3,322 of 7,541

I don't feel a need for >$100 amp yet for now and Oppo things is kinda rare here too. Lol, we have almost the same taste, though above 45 is too much for me.

Yes oppo stuff here in mexico is cellphones nothing more....   but seems they can ship to mexico but i'm evalaution the canyin because if i need only power to drive my MDR-1R a bit properly then why waste on a DAC, yes is nice that sony considered Digital Ouput via the WMC-NWH10 cable, but iMHO, this got ruined by A) unavailability worldwide but Japan and B) because an extra chip inside the WM-port of the cable it drains battery of A17 in 7 hours according to some post here.

Mar 1, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #3,323 of 7,541
Testing with UERM, line out to ragnarok with HD800 and Abyss. F887 is better at dynamics and has a slight edge with regard to resolution. Tone/timbre is a wash but I'd put the f887 slightly ahead based on SQ alone.

There's more to the player than the amp section (the amp section is the weakest link with these players either way). The F887 is ever so slightly better sounding. I'd still take the A17 based off form factor and UI, though.

Mar 1, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #3,325 of 7,541
  i'll just post this here before anyone buys a 64 or 128GB card :wink:
http://gizmodo.com/sandisk-squeezes-200gb-into-a-tiny-microsd-card-1688307827

biggrin.gif
 Now i feel obsolete with my 128GB card i bought last year haha

Mar 1, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #3,326 of 7,541
$400... i think i'll pass..
unless they do a 180° turn on the pricing like they did for the 128gb from $199 to $100...

Mar 1, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #3,329 of 7,541
  Isn't 128GB the A17's maximum, anyway?  Or did Sony just put that in the specs because 128GB was the largest card currently available?

Nope, actually @gelocks stuck a 256GB card with an aid of a Sd to microSD adapter

Mar 1, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #3,330 of 7,541

I had the HP50 from NAD, and it was very good, a little rolled off similar to the 650. It was the looks that I sold them for as I purchased them as my portable headphones and damn were they odd looking. At first I really liked the look, but felt so weird wearing them in public. Sound wise though, pretty damn solid up and down and they sounded so much better than the momentum over-ears when I compared them directly. Anyway, the HP50 is very good, but it isn't giant killer good, just a top-notch, excellent value for the $300 good.

Thanks for the input on the HP50's.  How are they comfort wise?  Most reviews indicate they are quite comfortable to wear.  As for being weird looking, maybe thats a good thing as people won't want to steal them if they don't look cool.

I am partial to NAD as I have sold and owned NAD products. I try to buy Canadian when possible and now that NAD is Canadian owned that is another plus for buying them..  Alot of reviewers feel overall they sound better than the B&'W P7's for $100.00 less.  I can get them in Toronto for $279.00 so it sounds like a good deal.

I thought about waiting until a newer pair of NAD's come out but apparently the newer models will be more upscale and out of my price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back