SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Feb 28, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #3,286 of 7,541
It's a pleasure,
I just think Sony need to release the right cable, and send it out world wide at a good price, they are busting our ball's with this cable extortion.
The cable is not worth $50.00, of coarse there's a chip in the plug, so only Sony has the power now to build it.
I don't get it, so close but so far.

Feb 28, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #3,287 of 7,541
It's a pleasure,
I just think Sony need to release the right cable, and send it out world wide at a good price, they are busting our ball's with this cable extortion.
The cable is not worth $50.00, of coarse there's a chip in the plug, so only Sony has the power now to build it.
I don't get it, so close but so far.
Now i know why the battery drain because of the extra chip

Feb 28, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #3,288 of 7,541
sorry if you guys think it is a stupid question, but:

right now I listen on my iphone 5 to ALAC and 256kb AAC with westone 2 in ears.

I'll go to japan next week and will visit the sony store in osaka, I will buy the XBA-A1  in-ears and was thinking about buying a mp3 player with them.

I have my eyes on either a F886 with 32gb or NW A16 with 32gb. 

So I thought I ask the pros (you). 

Without DAC use, will the sound improve with one of those mp3 players? If it should, better the F886 or A16?Or should I better save the money and buy a lot of CDs with it ^-^"? Maybe the question is stupid for some of you. sorry for that. 

Thank you ^_^/ 

Feb 28, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #3,289 of 7,541
  sorry if you guys think it is a stupid question, but:

right now I listen on my iphone 5 to ALAC and 256kb AAC with westone 2 in ears.

I'll go to japan next week and will visit the sony store in osaka, I will buy the XBA-A1  in-ears and was thinking about buying a mp3 player with them.

I have my eyes on either a F886 with 32gb or NW A16 with 32gb. 

So I thought I ask the pros (you). 

Without DAC use, will the sound improve with one of those mp3 players? If it should, better the F886 or A16?Or should I better save the money and buy a lot of CDs with it ^-^"? Maybe the question is stupid for some of you. sorry for that. 

Thank you ^_^/ 

definitevly A16 microSD card slot for 128GB more. I love the sound of my A17 (64GB + 128GB) straight out of the Jack for headphones, nice sound quality fairly neutral and full of details

Feb 28, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #3,291 of 7,541

maybe @realmassy can help me find this Recording out.

I was listening to the radio on my A17 and they fetaured thcaikovsky's ouverture 1812 with choir.. I have the ouverture but the typical orchestarted version and i liked the choir one

i have desperately tried to look for it but seem not able to

http://www.amazon.com/Tchaikovsky-Overture-Capriccio-Italien-Juliet/dp/B005JS7UN8/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1424682532&sr=1-1&keywords=overture+1812+with+choir

Oh thanks you, now le t me check now that i have the name if it's available at prestoclassical.co.uk as flac download great, thanks

EDIT: Found it at qobuz.fr which i have an account, yeah so wait 'till i get my pay check
biggrin.gif

It's awesome the Choral version of Tchaikovsky's 1812 ouverture, with a military band and real cannons BOOOM BOOM, nice as hell this sony walkman and the 1R's is a FLAC 16/44.1

The cannons BOOMing back and right sooo coool and the full choir at the end awesome 3D envelope, the bells ohhhh IS BETTER THAN THE ORCHESTRAL VERSION by Karajan in the 60's

Feb 28, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #3,292 of 7,541
Looking forward to the comparisons. I have the F887 as well and I'm thinking of getting the ZX1 or the A10 because of storage space. If the A10's sound quality is the same or better than the F887 I will definitely get that. 

Let me make this clear. The A17 is NOT better than the F887 in sound quality. The F is more transparent, has better clarity, more power, and a larger soundstage. That doesn't mean, however, that the A17 is lacking. It also has amazing sound quality, just not at the levels of the F887.

That is why I decided to keep both. The better sounding F will be my portable player at home (where sound quality is noticeable) and the A will be for on the go.

I'm in the process of writing a review for both. Give me about a week or two. Right now, I'm just enjoying the music! :)

Feb 28, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #3,293 of 7,541

Looking forward to the comparisons. I have the F887 as well and I'm thinking of getting the ZX1 or the A10 because of storage space. If the A10's sound quality is the same or better than the F887 I will definitely get that. 

Let me make this clear. The A17 is NOT better than the F887 in sound quality. The F is more transparent, has better clarity, more power, and a larger soundstage. That doesn't mean, however, that the A17 is lacking. It also has amazing sound quality, just not at the levels of the F887.

That is why I decided to keep both. The better sounding F will be my portable player at home (where sound quality is noticeable) and the A will be for on the go.

I'm in the process of writing a review for both. Give me about a week or two. Right now, I'm just enjoying the music!
smily_headphones1.gif

But F887 has no MicroSD and if you have a huge lib like me of 688GB is better thinking twice, also battery life is a big concern because ahem *cough* *cough* android *cough*

Feb 28, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #3,294 of 7,541
^Dude, the F880 and ZX just sounds better. Yes, those points are correct. But I am talking about SOUND.

Get over it. *cough*

Feb 28, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #3,296 of 7,541
^Dude, the F880 and ZX just sounds better. Yes, those points are correct. But I am talking about SOUND.

Get over it. *cough*

Yes the walkman A17 thrumps the fiio x3 YAY! but wonder how much better the zx1 or f887, esp f887 is against A17 because as A17 the F887 has no OSCON capacitors

Feb 28, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #3,297 of 7,541
Thanks everyone who answered me! I really appreciate every answer.

Maybe I'll take the A17 for more space. in combination with the XBA-A1 this should make a pretty good set for my everyday life in combination with my iphone5.

Or A16 with XBA-A2..I like that I could switch the cable of the A2 and the sound should be better..and I can always upgrade the A16 with an micro SD card..

Thanks again for all the input! this will be the last time I can buy headphones/mp3 player at least for a year ^^so I do not want to make a decision I regret. The headphones will be with me everyday to the university, train etc. 

probably the biggest question is, do I need the A16/A17? Is it much better than the iPhone 5? 

Thank you ^_^

Feb 28, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #3,298 of 7,541
Sony's website does not give any information on output specs for some reason, so it's kind of hard to know- they look to be based on the same circuitry ("S Master HX" or whatever), but I wonder if the f886 doesn't have better output to account for Change's impressions maybe? Kind of bizarre they wouldn't also include a microSD slot there though.

Feb 28, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #3,299 of 7,541
Agreed. I wonder if they keep count of the gear bought and then rant when the day comes.
My wife doesn't say a word when I buy gear. I feel really guilty at times and get weak emotionally. I wish she would scream at me one day!

Mine does not scream but there seems to be genuine wonder/difficulty to understand as to why I need so many ear/headphones...cant say I blame her, sometimes I wonder the same!!! hehehe

Yeah there should be some space and flexibility esp. towards that mini adapter and whatever dac/amp it's going to connect.
BTW will that work with HP-P1?
G'day Mike,
Problem with using a solution like that adapter, is your going to put huge stress on the main board and plug,
the smallest of pressure at the plug will have a leverage affect on the tiny micro usb plug and destroy it in no time.
I recommend not using it.

Feb 28, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #3,300 of 7,541
I'm in the process of deciding between the F887 and A17, sound quality is #1, but I really hate Android bloatware and battery life also important of course - sounds like the A17 is the best compromise and it's cheaper to boot (no need for 20 day Japan import).  I'm running SE846 with a Fiio E12 - I would never run any Sony DAP without an amp, they lack power.  Any review should include a good amp as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back