SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Mar 2, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #3,346 of 7,541
I only have a few recordings where the bass is a little undefined, but I don't here it on a majority of my collection

I have both types, bassy recordings and wek-bass recordings, the most awful of them all are bad mastered ones i have quite a few but when i stump on them  Gosh

Mar 2, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #3,347 of 7,541

Thanks for the input on the HP50's.  How are they comfort wise?  Most reviews indicate they are quite comfortable to wear.  As for being weird looking, maybe thats a good thing as people won't want to steal them if they don't look cool.

I am partial to NAD as I have sold and owned NAD products. I try to buy Canadian when possible and now that NAD is Canadian owned that is another plus for buying them..  Alot of reviewers feel overall they sound better than the B&'W P7's for $100.00 less.  I can get them in Toronto for $279.00 so it sounds like a good deal.

I thought about waiting until a newer pair of NAD's come out but apparently the newer models will be more upscale and out of my price range.

I listen to the A17 via an O2 and the NAD Viso HP50, I have large ears but only the one on the right is touching the inside of the cup, no biggie, there are more comfortabel phones but most of them do not sound as good as the NAD. I listen mostly to Prog, Blues, Classical, Jazz, Soundtracks, but no dance. I am a bass player in a Pink Floyd cover band (and other stuff)

Mar 2, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #3,348 of 7,541
I need help with shure 535 guys ...does it have kinda metallic or slightly sharp treble with it or not ? .. I want to order it and that matter stops me till now ! It will be very pricy for me and don't have the chance to try it by my self.. So any add or help will be much appreciated.. My friend @gerelmx1986 told me that it doesn't have that kind of sharpness with his headphones..but i want to be sure from shure 535 owners too ..

Mar 2, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #3,349 of 7,541
does anybody experience sharp trebble with your A10? I don't, perfectly smooth silky trebble

Mar 2, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #3,352 of 7,541

I only have a few recordings where the bass is a little undefined, but I don't here it on a majority of my collection

Sorry this was meant for the MDR-1A thread Ooops!

You are not alone
wink_face.gif
 this has happened me acouple of times here and in chat services haha, yesterday was chatting with a german friend and i tough i was chatting with my sister and wrote all in spanish haha, the german was clueless until he saw Oooops! nicht für dich

Mar 2, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #3,353 of 7,541
Just plugged my se530 (almost the same as se535 but with a fixed cable) in and after making tweaking the eq into a V curve this sounds pretty good,
very smooth, these iem's can be picky with their source, but it's a very good match with the a10 series, although there is some hiss,
but nothing out of the normal, as these iem's are hiss prone.
But you get super portability and battery life, and a fairly good sounding unit, (not as refined as an x5) incredible for its micro size.
A quick reminder for new buyers of this a10, cover the screen with anything as you open the box,
cut a screen protector out, or order one. The screen optics outer cover is butter soft, and will scratch under your finger nail.

I need help with shure 535 guys ...does it have kinda metallic or slightly sharp treble with it or not ? .. I want to order it and that matter stops me till now ! It will be very pricy for me and don't have the chance to try it by my self.. So any add or help will be much appreciated.. My friend @gerelmx1986 told me that it doesn't have that kind of sharpness with his headphones..but i want to be sure from shure 535 owners too ..

Mar 2, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #3,354 of 7,541
Just plugged my se530 (almost the same as se535 but with a fixed cable) in and after making tweaking the eq into a V curve this sounds pretty good,
very smooth, these iem's can be picky with their source, but it's a very good match with the a10 series, although there is some hiss,
but nothing out of the normal, as these iem's are hiss prone.
But you get super portability and battery life, and a fairly good sounding unit, (not as refined as an x5) incredible for its micro size.
A quick reminder for new buyers of this a10, cover the screen with anything as you open the box,
cut a screen protector out, or order one. The screen optics outer cover is butter soft, and will scratch under your finger nail.

thanks alot for your impressions .. much appreciated ... and i don't mind hiss actually .. doesn't bother me so much ...i like v-shape sound also ... specially using walkman eq  & clear bass ... so is its clear bass is powerful with those or had subtle effect ?

Mar 2, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #3,355 of 7,541
thanks alot for your impressions .. much appreciated ... and i don't mind hiss actually .. doesn't bother me so much ...i like v-shape sound also ... specially using walkman eq  & clear bass ... so is its clear bass is powerful with those or had subtle effect ?

It's a pleasure, the clear bass works really well with these, and I'm able to push the bass forward and get an good full bass with ease on this eq.

With rock this pairing sound great, actually quite liking the forward mids on these iem's, their unique.

Mar 2, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #3,356 of 7,541
It's a pleasure, the clear bass works really well with these, and I'm able to push the bass forward and get an good full bass with ease on this eq.

With rock this pairing sound great, actually quite liking the forward mids on these iem's, their unique.

Don't usually use DSP effects or EQing for most things myself, but I'm finding that the clear bass/audio+ setting can have a really nice effect on some types of records with compressed/tinny range and not much bottom-end, especially low-fi rock, black metal and some live recordings. (kind of amazed you're using clearaudio AND the EQ- didn't realize bassheads were so into bass they not only use bass friendly headphones, but also EQ/DSP for maximum bassheadery- do they do this for all music, is there every such a thing as too much? for instance, the other night one of those cars with massive subwofers in the trunk was driving by playing... "Piano Man". That's some hardcore isht).

Mar 2, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #3,357 of 7,541
On the eq the bass is called clear bass, a little confusing I know, especially when there's another setting called clearaudio, (maybe things are lost in translation).

To me clear audio the setting not the eq bass, sounds pretty bad, and I wouldn't use it.

However I am a bass head in rehabilitation for the quest of high fidelity audio, this is probably because I play drums, and we need to hear the bass line clearly.

Don't usually use DSP effects or EQing for most things myself, but I'm finding that the clear bass/audio+ setting can have a really nice effect on some types of records with compressed/tinny range and not much bottom-end, especially low-fi rock, black metal and some live recordings. (kind of amazed you're using clearaudio AND the EQ- didn't realize bassheads were so into bass they not only use bass friendly headphones, but also EQ/DSP for maximum bassheadery- do they do this for all music, is there every such a thing as too much? for instance, the other night one of those cars with massive subwofers in the trunk was driving by playing... "Piano Man". That's some hardcore isht).

Mar 2, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #3,358 of 7,541
On the eq the bass is called clear bass, a little confusing I know, especially when there's another setting called clearaudio, (maybe things are lost in translation).

To me clear audio the setting not the eq bass, sounds pretty bad, and I wouldn't use it.

Ahhhh. Hadn't even looked at the EQ since it first arrived in November, lol. Trying now, Clear Bass seems pretty good at boosting subbass especially, without distorting much if at all.

Mar 2, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #3,360 of 7,541
  I listen to the A17 via an O2 and the NAD Viso HP50, I have large ears but only the one on the right is touching the inside of the cup, no biggie, there are more comfortabel phones but most of them do not sound as good as the NAD. I listen mostly to Prog, Blues, Classical, Jazz, Soundtracks, but no dance. I am a bass player in a Pink Floyd cover band (and other stuff)

Glad to hear you like the VP50's. My ears about average so hopefully comfort won't be an issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back