SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Jan 11, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #2,101 of 7,541
Hhehehe the guys at fiio x3 thread are mad at me  YAY, sony Fanboys gotta love me because my PRAISE THE A17 :D

Even dared to write on the fiio threa X3 Be the Slave of the MASTER walkman A17 ... I already unsubscribed before the monster is awaken

AFTER 29 hours 57 minutes the 3rd bar of the battery icon has dissapeared

:smile: I did the same in x5 thread. Praised my a17, complained about x5's terrible scroll wheel (prototype) and 7 hr battery life using OTG. Fun to watch the villagers run towards you with their torches. I got fed up with x5. The minuscule gain in SQ over A17 (and not always. Sometimes a17 clear bass made it a clear winner) was not worth the trade off for X5's brick size, terrible battery, lousy UI, half functioning scroll wheel. I also got used to using OTG which was a huge battery drain. Luckily I sold it within a day at almost the same price I paid for it.

Jan 11, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #2,102 of 7,541
  Hhehehe the guys at fiio x3 thread are mad at me  YAY, sony Fanboys gotta love me because my PRAISE THE A17
biggrin.gif

Even dared to write on the fiio threa X3 Be the Slave of the MASTER walkman A17 ... I already unsubscribed before the monster is awaken

can I be mad at you even if I'm a sony fanboy? there are many situations(headphones) where the X3 would humiliate the A10. it's great that you're in love with the sony, it's indeed an enjoyable everyday DAP, but some things you said have more to do with your tastes than with technical abilities.
What I meant is, while a album is playing, if you select the down button which shows the next album, it will not scroll it's title, and a lot of these folders show no title, so something isn't right.
But yes going into album mode scrolls fine.

folders showing no title? well it's a cover browser ^_^.
if you want cover+title you go back up and use browsing by artist, album, folder... (if it's not done you just press option and select cover+title when in the "by album" browsing).
if your folder doesn't have a picture at all, well that's because the DAP couldn't find one. just add a cover, or maybe use another way to browse your library.
to give back a point to gerelmx, never buy a fiio if you're troubled by that kind of stuff.
biggrin.gif

Jan 11, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #2,103 of 7,541

Hhehehe the guys at fiio x3 thread are mad at me  YAY, sony Fanboys gotta love me because my PRAISE THE A17
biggrin.gif

AFTER 29 hours 57 minutes the 3rd bar of the battery icon has dissapeared

:smile: I did the same in x5 thread. Praised my a17, complained about x5's terrible scroll wheel (prototype) and 7 hr battery life using OTG. Fun to watch the villagers run towards you with their torches. I got fed up with x5. The minuscule gain in SQ over A17 (and not always. Sometimes a17 clear bass made it a clear winner) was not worth the trade off for X5's brick size, terrible battery, lousy UI, half functioning scroll wheel. I also got used to using OTG which was a huge battery drain. Luckily I sold it within a day at almost the same price I paid for it.

Yes bro, cool to see another dude or gal being as brave as me, i was to say the same you said, dare to awaken the Kraken monster under the sea...

Jan 11, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #2,104 of 7,541
Wouldn't call myself a basshead as I listen to everything including classical.  I do prefer the 1A's bass as it's tighter and more controlled.
I thought the 1A is just and upgraded 1R but it's really a total redesign in my opinion to better compliment their new portable players.   It's now 24 ohms instead of 40.
It plays a lot louder too leaving more headroom for the A17 amp.  Strange really given they both have the same 105db sensitivity.  
They might sound similar if you use a more powerful amp which will help the 1R.

Quote:

Yes because you are a bass lover thats why you say 1R sound bad (you like electro music or rap i assume).

Me likes classical music not need for boomy bass of the aluminum coated LCP driver so my 1R sound fine and yes liud (perhpas you have an euro unit with volume cap) mine is a mexican A17 with is louder than my x1060 at the same volume level

I won't be discussing htis any futher period as i dont have 1A here in mexico

Only thing yes DSEE HX smooths badly recorded French and flemish Harpsichords

Jan 11, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #2,105 of 7,541
@spatzi I read your fiio x5 posts +10000000
biggrin.gif

Try to tell them the sony is far more accurate than the fiios and they revolt in rage, you create a revolution LOL, they chase you angrily saying fiio is more accurate.

I did not found my X3 to be accurate even on the soundstage department and position, just perceived a slight upgrade in 24-bit files over CD flacs

on the sony this diffrence between 24 over 16 is jaw dropping, i am simply currently listening to Krebs (johhan Ludwig Krebs) excercises sur le Clavessin and i can hear the fine details like the jack pluking the strings (the click they make) and when the harpsichordist "ties" the 2nd keyboard to the first to make the instrument louder (called coupling) and when he decouples it., aside from that the soundstage of my A17 is bigger and accurate

but again try to tell this to a fiio fanboy well... getting into war, better unsubscribe before it gets worse

Jan 11, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #2,106 of 7,541
  Wouldn't call myself a basshead as I listen to everything including classical.  I do prefer the 1A's bass as it's tighter and more controlled.
I thought the 1A is just and upgraded 1R but it's really a total redesign in my opinion to better compliment their new portable players.   It's now 24 ohms instead of 40.
It plays a lot louder too leaving more headroom for the A17 amp.  Strange really given they both have the same 105db sensitivity.  
They might sound similar if you use a more powerful amp which will help the 1R.

Quote:

Yes because you are a bass lover thats why you say 1R sound bad (you like electro music or rap i assume).

Me likes classical music not need for boomy bass of the aluminum coated LCP driver so my 1R sound fine and yes liud (perhpas you have an euro unit with volume cap) mine is a mexican A17 with is louder than my x1060 at the same volume level

I won't be discussing htis any futher period as i dont have 1A here in mexico

Only thing yes DSEE HX smooths badly recorded French and flemish Harpsichords

Okay sorry for that but well sony mexico policies on briging new devices just sucks and well i don't have that budget to get an 1A, aside that hifi in mexico is hard to move (try to sell it) as many love their smartphones and 128 kbps mp3 or aac files

How that the bass is tighter? My fear is they are as boomy as the XBA-H3 (bad bass)

Jan 11, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #2,108 of 7,541
I Found the VPT (Surrond) has gotten a better sound than in older walkmans, now they add reverb in a realistic way, unlike the older walkman no matter which one you used Studio, Live, Arena, they all sounded like a bathroom the one that worked was Matrix

But on this walkman I seem to like them all with certain songs esp those recorded in a church to add more reverb
biggrin.gif
  and open the stereo image

Jan 12, 2015 at 1:10 AM Post #2,109 of 7,541
  I Found the VPT (Surrond) has gotten a better sound than in older walkmans, now they add reverb in a realistic way, unlike the older walkman no matter which one you used Studio, Live, Arena, they all sounded like a bathroom the one that worked was Matrix

But on this walkman I seem to like them all with certain songs esp those recorded in a church to add more reverb
biggrin.gif
  and open the stereo image

now I agree. surround is much better than it was on older models. they kept the names but clearly and audibly improved the DSPs. since the F886 I've fallen in love with the studio setting for many album. I still avoid it when voices are important, as I find the changes too obvious on voices. but for instrumental music it can be very enjoyable and actually a little relaxing thanks to a little crossfeed effect.

Jan 12, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #2,111 of 7,541
  The only difference between A15 and A17 is the storage? 16Gb and 64Gb? The internals used are all the same, ie. DAC/AMP, processor, etc?

'Yes' for all.

Jan 12, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #2,112 of 7,541
I tried three different line-out cables, and they all have different levels. The volume is so low with one of them, I have to use high gain. Anyone else noticed this? Is there a resistor or something in that LOD?

Jan 12, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #2,113 of 7,541
  I tried three different line-out cables, and they all have different levels. The volume is so low with one of them, I have to use high gain. Anyone else noticed this? Is there a resistor or something in that LOD?

There shouldn't be any resistor in the audio path, but there is a resistor in the LOD (to enable the LO feature, not within the audio path).

There is however two analog output inside the Sony dock connection. One is the un-adjustable LO, while there other is HO. If your 'LOD' level changes with gain, I think it is actually a 'HOD' and not a LOD.

Jan 12, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #2,114 of 7,541
The Battery finally started to "die" e.g flashing the last bar at 35 hours 0 minutes lets see when it dies, i am at a training so not somuic time to use it

this was with every now and then fiddling with the screen, brightness at 2 (lowered to 1 as i didn't note a difference), and ocassiona fiddling with DSEE HX and VPT, and turned on clearaudio+ to test that.. makes the MDR-1R like bommboxes No thanks haha turned it off inmediately

This is also with BATTERY CARE off

Jan 12, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #2,115 of 7,541

There shouldn't be any resistor in the audio path, but there is a resistor in the LOD (to enable the LO feature, not within the audio path).

There is however two analog output inside the Sony dock connection. One is the un-adjustable LO, while there other is HO. If your 'LOD' level changes with gain, I think it is actually a 'HOD' and not a LOD.

i think he meant to say he is using high gain in his amp ... as AFAIK there is no gain setting in walkmans ...
and my guess is yes the line out of the walkmans is weaker than the hp out and must turn the volume of the amp a little louder 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back